TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a student, primarily, just 21.
There is nothing to suggest he had more than one phone.
Or indeed that this was anything more than a horrible accident.
I have no idea what "narcotics" may represent. Were his wisdom teeth removed recently? He would be around the right age. I know when both of my kids had theirs removed, they had prescriptions for narcotic pain medication. I hate to wander too far speculating about narcotics when it could be something this innocent.

I have no idea what "narcotics" may represent. Were his wisdom teeth removed recently? He would be around the right age. I know when both of my kids had theirs removed, they had prescriptions for narcotic pain medication. I hate to wander too far speculating about narcotics when it could be something this innocent.
ITA with you. But, on the other hand, why wouldn't LE just come out and say that or refute that if the MSM had been incorrect? It would have been so easy to say that and shut down this whole line of speculation.

The problem is Salt Flat Rd. is a backroad that goes in the complete wrong direction to nowhere. It’s not a backroads shortcut to Houston in any way. It does not connect to any highway to Houston.
Also I think the Bucc-ees you’re talking about is actually on IH 10 if he had gone the correct way toward Houston, not Salt Flat Rd. Salt Flat Rd. really goes nowhere.
Exactly. This has been explained in specific detail using 1st hand knowledge and available mapping. There is no way to get anywhere near I10 and/or Bucc-ees from SFR and furthermore, it takes the driver literally in the opposite direction. Good analysis.

ITA with you. But, on the other hand, why wouldn't LE just come out and say that or refute that if the MSM had been incorrect? It would have been so easy to say that and shut down this whole line of speculation.

I am not LE, but my guess is that shutting down public speculation about this case or most others is not a priority for detectives who are already stretched thin investigating. I think the most I have ever heard LE say is “please don’t speculate or spread rumors” about certain cases, but those are few and far between. IMHO

I do not see any reason for LE to consider this a single-car accident and Jason being lost afterward, as they seem to be, if in fact they had any reason to suspect he had been followed, trapped, targeted, or otherwise become a victim of a crime if some sort. They have in no way behaved as if this were a working a theory, imo. There would be no reason or benefit I can see that they would do this. Whether they are correct or not, we will not know until he is found, but I do not expect any surprises other than perhaps the location where he is ultimately (hopefully) found. Jmo

It suddenly struck me how much I have been concentrating on the end of his trip, in looking for cameras etc. But, perhaps the answers for so many of our questions and speculations are at the beginning of his trip.

Agreed. I believe that’s the reason LE, according to his dad, was at his apartment recently. IMO

Am I the only one who believes it’s entirely possibly that he purposely turned on salt flat rd? Maybe he was looking for a backroad to smoke on with little worry of passing motorists and prying eyes. I love driving down dirt and gravel roads listening to music.

IMO Speculating wildly

No, you're not. Many of us have brought this up, including me in a recent post.

huh. I had my wisdom teeth removed at age 15. Didn't realize some could go through that agony another decade or so. lol

He was driving from Texas State University in San Marcos to his parents' home in Houston, so it was at least a 3 hour drive.
Except he crashed his car and vanished within his first 23 miles after leaving San Marcos. He drove the San Marcos Hwy to Luling which is where you catch the I-10 to Houston.

Take note that the term narcotics came directly from the Texas DPS police report when detailing their inventory taken from the crash site. The report specifically stated they were unable to inventory the vehicle itself -- doors were locked. There's a screenshot of the report in thread #1.

Media took liberty with this term when the headlines read the backpack full of narcotics. We don't know that to be fact. DPS report summary did not quantify the narcotics found.

Last edited:
I think this one will end up having a simple explanation. He was under the influence, went down the wrong road, crashed the car, was dazed and injured, walked off and collapsed somewhere and just hasn’t been found yet.
It really is most likely. But I’m not ruling out that he fled to avoid a DUI and is hiding out. That brings up a lot of questions though, like why leave all his stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockDuck