TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I look at Jason's NamUS page it just lists "missing from tribal land" as unknown, which usually means no in my experience.
Edit: link to Jason's case:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thank you for the link. It cleared things up. Jason wasn't missing from tribal land... "Missing from Tribal Land" is a data entry field. In Jason's case the response is 'Unknown'. I'm thinking a road running along a bazillion oil fields is not tribal land. JMO

"...LE a knowledge early on that, while they believe dogs tracked him to the abandoned house and the nearby pond, they can't be certain WHOSE path the dogs followed. Could be Jason's, could be law enforcement's..."

BBM
@Megnut, wrote the above, Post #492 Thread #2.

Because of @Megnut's credibility as one of our top sleuths, I'm certain there would be a link from which this information is taken.

No, the clothing (believed to be what he was wearing) was found 900 ft south of the accident site.

His bag with his PS4, his beta fish, and iPhone being in the car is what places him at the scene.

IMO, finding items belonging to Jason at the crash scene doesn't prove he himself was ever at the scene.

And if it's true that LE can't be certain WHOSE path the dogs followed. Could be Jason's, could be law enforcement's.", what do we think of the following notion:

Jason's vehicle was stopped by someone – flagged down, a road rage incident, car-jacking – during the 67 minutes for which there is no recorded activity, and as a result, Jason was harmed by one or more perpetrators.

For example, two people apprehended Jason during the 67-minute gap. One continued on to the crash scene in Jason's vehicle, followed by the other perp. driving his/her vehicle, in which an injured or deceased victim was transported, and Jason's vehicle was abandoned there, after placing some of his belongings on the road, and both perps continued on in their vehicle.

Questions:

1. Reportedly, Jason's vehicle was found on a gravel road. Did LE therefore identify how many vehicle tracks, and from what tire treads, and how many footprints were in the vicinity of Jason's damaged vehicle when they arrived on the scene, and were these potential findings examined forensically?

2. Has LE interviewed past clients of Jason's dad from when he was an attorney, who may have had reasons to be disgruntled?

3. Surely the firefighter who reportedly found Jason's vehicle has been interviewed. Why have we heard nothing about what statement he may have made? Why have we heard so little at all, for so long?

"...LE a knowledge early on that, while they believe dogs tracked him to the abandoned house and the nearby pond, they can't be certain WHOSE path the dogs followed. Could be Jason's, could be law enforcement's..."

BBM

Because of @Megnut's credibility as one of our top sleuths, I'm certain there would be a link from which this information is taken.

IMO, finding items belonging to Jason at the crash scene doesn't prove he himself was ever at the scene.

And if it's true that LE can't be certain WHOSE path the dogs followed. Could be Jason's, could be law enforcement's.", what do we think of the following notion:

Jason's vehicle was stopped by someone – flagged down, a road rage incident, car-jacking – during the 67 minutes for which there is no recorded activity, and as a result, Jason was harmed by one or more perpetrators.

For example, two people apprehended Jason during the 67-minute gap. One continued on to the crash scene in Jason's vehicle, followed by the other perp. driving his/her vehicle, in which an injured or deceased victim was transported, and Jason's vehicle was abandoned there, after placing some of his belongings on the road, and both perps continued on in their vehicle.

Questions:

1. Reportedly, Jason's vehicle was found on a gravel road. Did LE therefore identify how many vehicle tracks, and from what tire treads, and how many footprints were in the vicinity of Jason's damaged vehicle when they arrived on the scene, and were these potential findings examined forensically?

2. Has LE interviewed past clients of Jason's dad from when he was an attorney, who may have had reasons to be disgruntled?

3. Surely the firefighter who reportedly found Jason's vehicle has been interviewed. Why have we heard nothing about what statement he may have made? Why have we heard so little at all, for so long?
I like all your insight and questions. I am one who has believed from the beginning the wreck was staged. I can really get behind your thoughts and I have wondered why no searching around the last digital footprint location. Good questions, and ones that deserve answers IMHO.

Adding, I am not sure if a cadaver dog was on scene during the first search either. That would give some insight as well IMHO.

BBM

Questions:

Just to play devil’s advocate, wouldn’t that be a difficult crash/wreck to stage? Much easier to aim it at a tree, even at a lower speed? Or drive it off the road into something front first. You’d have to be practically drifting to slide a vehicle around and have it hit the way it did, right? I mean I couldn’t possibly have created that accident scene. Not in any believable way for sure.

Just a thought that always pops into my head when I think about the accident being staged. Speculation and MOO

Just to play devil’s advocate, wouldn’t that be a difficult crash/wreck to stage? Much easier to aim it at a tree, even at a lower speed? Or drive it off the road into something front first. You’d have to be practically drifting to slide a vehicle around and have it hit the way it did, right? I mean I couldn’t possibly have created that accident scene. Not in any believable way for sure.

Just a thought that always pops into my head when I think about the accident being staged. Speculation and MOO
Honestly, I don't know. I do know that there were fence posts, and trees so it seems like aiming at one wouldn't be too difficult. I personally believe it is a road that would be hard to speed very fast on based on what I have seen so not being able to correct before impact seems a bit farfetched to me as well.

BBM. What if most of the damage occurred to the car prior to it being driven on Salt Flat Road?

The amount of damage on the rear driver's side looks as if the vehicle must have hit a tree at significant speed. If it hit a tree.

It may have been caused by a perpetrator wanting to intercept Jason by driving into his vehicle, and could have occurred in the 67-minute time gap.

[Snipped for focus]

Here's my problem with some kind of scenario that a disgruntled former client of KL wanted to "get back" at him: it doesn't make any sense to stage it like Jason's disappeared. If this person(s) wanted to abduct him, I imagine they'd want some kind of ransom and would quickly make some kind of demand, either publicly or privately. If they wanted to send a message, it lacks punch if there's no body found. Either way, trying to stage it like he just had an accident would achieve neither aim. (It's a similar argument I've heard when people publicly discuss if Brianna Maitland was abducted/murdered over a drug debt.)

Additionally, KL himself did not know that Jason was for certain heading home that night. The only persons who would/might know that he was leaving at 10:55 p.m. would be whoever he FaceTime/Snapchatted before leaving (where those screen grabs of JL came from showing his red shirt).

Although it hasn't been fully/totally confirmed, the blood stains seen on Jason's shorts and underwear might "line up" with a minor injury when trying to exit the crashed vehicle.

It's clear that the accident scene was very much tampered with (not maliciously/intentionally, mind, just generally) so I don't like the idea of using inconclusive scent data as a reason to suggest a different scenario than the one LE has presented (that it was a single car accident, nobody/nothing else involved).

Moo..it is as easy to speed on a gravel road as any other road. Keeping control of auto is where where issue is. The vehicle span...there was no aiming. He would have to be going a decent speed to cause the damage that was. Also it was dark so you do not see the pot holes until last minute, so much less control. When I taught my son to drive I called it dancing with potholes when we playing on the gravel roads...alot swerving to miss them at speed.

Thinking about Jason and thinking about this 67-minute 'gap'... nothing really makes sense. I had this feeling today that this could have been targeted. I hadn't gotten those vibes before, but hear me out.

The spectulation in my head, if he was meeting up with someone around the time his activity paused.... Is it possible that whoever he met with he felt so uncomfortable/shaken/shared/threatened that he just took off in his car? He went down random roads to try to avoid/get away from someone in another vehicle. Said person(s) circle back and see he's out of the vehicle and all alive so they make him drop any identifying material and take him away to another location.

Ugh. I hate the thought of it, but I just want his family to have answers. I think we all want answers, to know that our loved ones and ourselves are safe. I continue to lead to an accident and he's close by, but this really stuck with me and I wanted to share.

Amateur opinion only.

[Snipped for focus]
It's clear that the accident scene was very much tampered with (not maliciously/intentionally, mind, just generally) so I don't like the idea of using inconclusive scent data as a reason to suggest a different scenario than the one LE has presented (that it was a single car accident, nobody/nothing else involved).

Snipped and BBM
It well might be a single vehicle accident at the location where Jason's abandoned vehicle was found.

IMO, that doesn't preclude the possibility that Jason was not driving the vehicle on Salt Flat Road, neither does it rule out he was in a vehicle following his own, and injured or deceased, as suggested as a theory above, in my post #82.

BBM. What if most of the damage occurred to the car prior to it being driven on Salt Flat Road?

The amount of damage on the rear driver's side looks as if the vehicle must have hit a tree at significant speed. If it hit a tree.

It may have been caused by a perpetrator wanting to intercept Jason by driving into his vehicle, and could have occurred in the 67-minute time gap.
I didn’t even think of that. Makes way more sense than someone trying to “accurately” crash the vehicle!

Jason's Namus states he disappeared on tribal land. Does this make it harder to find him? Are the rules different on tribal than normal land? When I read details about the case, one thing that sticks with me is the passenger door is locked. I don't know why this small detail is always in his information. Anyone have any guesses?
The passenger door being locked is significant. It greatly reduces (but does not eliminate) the odds a second person was in the car.
It also shows that the car's driver (most likely Jason) was not thrown around in the car - like car happen in an accident with an unbelted driver. So the driver remained in their seat and exited by the driver's door.

Another vehicle hitting the car would cause different damage than the impact with a tree. The damage is to the rear side of the car, not directly from the rear. That would mean a second vehicle had to hit his car from the side (in a 90º impact) not coming up behind and ramming it. Then the person that hit the car would have to return to the original impact site and pick up the car pieces (and only Jason's car pieces) and stage them around the crash site by the fence.
This makes the second vehicle involved unlikely in my opinion.

[Snipped
In my thinking the inconclusive scent data is exactly why we should be considering different scenarios. It was extremely dark that night. LE is speculating what happened based on their knowledge and experiences but they're not infallible. I don't think anything can be ruled out. The fact that Jason hasn't been found means that all possibilities should continue to be explored and evaluated. I'd really like to know if the investigation is currently on going and the organization, tools, and methods being used to get answers. MOO

In my thinking the inconclusive scent data is exactly why we should be considering different scenarios. It was extremely dark that night. LE is speculating what happened based on their knowledge and experiences but they're not infallible. I don't think anything can be ruled out. The fact that Jason hasn't been found means that all possibilities should continue to be explored and evaluated. I'd really like to know if the investigation is currently on going and the organization, tools, and methods being used to get answers. MOO

And that is totally fine. That's what we're all here for, as we all bring different experiences and thought processes to the table, to bounce ideas, maybe come up with something that was overlooked or missed.

In this case, however, I believe the majority of the evidence does support the theory of single-car accident/alone. Certain points can be picked apart but IMO does not dislodge the scenario LE has publicly presented. Since the scene wasn't secured, the scent evidence being inconclusive isn't strong enough on its own to support a different theory. For me, IMO.

And that is totally fine. That's what we're all here for, as we all bring different experiences and thought processes to the table, to bounce ideas, maybe come up with something that was overlooked or missed.

In this case, however, I believe the majority of the evidence does support the theory of single-car accident/alone. Certain points can be picked apart but IMO does not dislodge the scenario LE has publicly presented. Since the scene wasn't secured, the scent evidence being inconclusive isn't strong enough on its own to support a different theory. For me, IMO.
I wonder what scent evidence was used for the dogs to trail with? How would the dogs be affected if someone else was the last one in Jason's car and accidentally wrecked it? What if Jason wasn't even in the car on Salt Flat Rd? What if it was a fleeing perp?

I wonder what scent evidence was used for the dogs to trail with? How would the dogs be affected if someone else was the last one in Jason's car and accidentally wrecked it? What if Jason wasn't even in the car on Salt Flat Rd? What if it was a fleeing perp?

I've wondered the exact same thing. I thought... 'So, the dogs are tracking a scent. WHOSE scent are they tracking? Did they hold out Jason's t-shirt, or the shorts with a spot of blood on them, or did they simply start near the wrecked site and go from there?'. They obviously didn't start at the car, it disappeared in a poof of smoke like a magic trick not long after it was found. 'With the quickness' comes to mind.

Sorry if this has been ask. I do wonder if it is typical for Jason to head to his parents this late. He would of gotten there maybe 2ish? I will look to see if that evening was a work day? I'm sure a lot of young adults do this, but was it normal for him? Wonder if any friends or family mentioned any mental illness before he vanished? Have any of his friends spike about him? He needs to be found.
This is something I’ve wondered about too. I go to school in San Antonio but my family lives in Houston, so I’m familiar with the area/route a lot of college students take when heading back to Houston. I never leave late at night since it’s a bit of a long drive and some of the back roads can be sketchy when it’s dark. Also, I feel like it would be strange arriving home for Christmas break while your parents are sleeping. I feel like most people like to greet their parents when they get back. Jason’s father had said he just finished finals, so I find it odd that he’d want to leave so late at night since he could’ve been tired/burnt out. It’s just always stood out to me. Part of me thinks that his intended destination wasn’t even his parents house. But I guess all people are different and maybe he really did just leave late at night. Surprised this hasn’t been questioned more though

This is something I’ve wondered about too. I go to school in San Antonio but my family lives in Houston, so I’m familiar with the area/route a lot of college students take when heading back to Houston. I never leave late at night since it’s a bit of a long drive and some of the back roads can be sketchy when it’s dark. Also, I feel like it would be strange arriving home for Christmas break while your parents are sleeping. I feel like most people like to greet their parents when they get back. Jason’s father had said he just finished finals, so I find it odd that he’d want to leave so late at night since he could’ve been tired/burnt out. It’s just always stood out to me. Part of me thinks that his intended destination wasn’t even his parents house. But I guess all people are different and maybe he really did just leave late at night. Surprised this hasn’t been questioned more though
We have discussed this a few times in the thread. Kent indicated in the Lordanarts video (Brainscratch) that he expected him home for Christmas break but that they did not know he was coming home that night. Later statements by Caldwell County Sheriff's office changed the wording to say something like "he was heading to the Missouri City area where his parents reside". That leaves a bit of ambiguity into where he was going. In the same video, I believe, Kent mentioned that Jason was waiting on a friend to arrive back in town. I assume he was meaning that it was a friend arriving back in town to Missouri city. Here is a post discussing. ttps://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/tx-jason-landry-21-enroute-from-tsu-to-home-car-found-crashed-at-luling-14-dec-2020-4.559357/page-9#post-16636300

We have discussed this a few times in the thread. Kent indicated in the Lordanarts video (Brainscratch) that he expected him home for Christmas break but that they did not know he was coming home that night. Later statements by Caldwell County Sheriff's office changed the wording to say something like "he was heading to the Missouri City area where his parents reside". That leaves a bit of ambiguity into where he was going. In the same video, I believe, Kent mentioned that Jason was waiting on a friend to arrive back in town. I assume he was meaning that it was a friend arriving back in town to Missouri city. Here is a post discussing. ttps://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/tx-jason-landry-21-enroute-from-tsu-to-home-car-found-crashed-at-luling-14-dec-2020-4.559357/page-9#post-16636300

I could be wrong about Kent saying he was waiting on a friend... but I do remember him saying something about waiting for his sister to arrive. Here are my notes from the Lordanarts vid:

~23.20 – Were you expecting him home that day? Not that particular day, he hadn’t told us yet. Sometimes you hang out with friends for a few days before coming home. (not exact quote). Both boys were waiting for the sister to come home before going to parents house.

No mention of when she was arriving by father. However, this tells me that until they knew she had arrived, they weren’t going to be there (MOO). Reminds me of parties where no one wants to be first and hang out with just the hosts, (or your parents in this case), so they are ‘fashionably late’. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214