GUILTY TX - Jazmine Barnes, 7, shot/killed in drive-by shooting, Houston, Dec 2018 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Eric Black Jr seems to really be cooperating with the police with the how and why and who and where of all this. He doesn’t have a record as an adult so I think he’s doing his best to keep the death penalty off the table.

With that in mind I think if there was anything else going on, he would tell police.

As to why all the witnesses noticed the red truck and not the black Kia, that I can’t explain other than the shear number of black Sedans and they just sort of blend into the background. I’ll try to get a count on the east side if I notice them. Have they said the kind of Kia they were driving? I haven’t seen anything on it so I can give you an idea of the number of black two door/four door/ midsize/full size in the area.

Eric Black Jr seems to really be cooperating with the police with the how and why and who and where of all this. He doesn’t have a record as an adult so I think he’s doing his best to keep the death penalty off the table.

With that in mind I think if there was anything else going on, he would tell police.

As to why all the witnesses noticed the red truck and not the black Kia, that I can’t explain other than the shear number of black Sedans and they just sort of blend into the background. I’ll try to get a count on the east side if I notice them. Have they said the kind of Kia they were driving? I haven’t seen anything on it so I can give you an idea of the number of black two door/four door/ midsize/full size in the area.

if he is trying to work any sort of deal then they would make him very aware of the fact that if he lies about ANYTHING it all goes out the window - no deal.

if what we have heard so far is true (he has admittted guilt and is cooperating) then he has tremendous incentive to tell the complete truth.

if he is trying to work any sort of deal then they would make him very aware of the fact that if he lies about ANYTHING it all goes out the window - no deal.

if what we have heard so far is true (he has admittted guilt and is cooperating) then he has tremendous incentive to tell the complete truth.

I wish that there was some type of intervention that could have been done with this young man.

I read about the statistics for young black men, and incarceration. Oprah Winfrey had a special on "60 Minutes" about this issue. While the problem can't be solved in 15 minutes, I did not like the tone that anything aside from independent free will creates this issue. What could be done to end this type of violence and criminal behavior? I wish I knew.

I am sorry for the victim and her family, but I see this young man as a victim too. What made him think that shooting into a car was a good idea? Did he process the consequences of getting caught? 20 years old. Completely wasted life.

I think it was a KIA Rio.

I’m still trying to figure out everyone seeing the red truck in front of them shooting at them when it’s the car on the driver’s side.

I wish that there was some type of intervention that could have been done with this young man.

I read about the statistics for young black men, and incarceration. Oprah Winfrey had a special on "60 Minutes" about this issue. While the problem can't be solved in 15 minutes, I did not like the tone that anything aside from independent free will creates this issue. What could be done to end this type of violence and criminal behavior? I wish I knew.

I am sorry for the victim and her family, but I see this young man as a victim too. What made him think that shooting into a car was a good idea? Did he process the consequences of getting caught? 20 years old. Completely wasted life.
I feel sorry for whomever was in that red truck. Can you imagine how afraid he must have been with so many people champing at the bit to attack him? If he looked anything like the sketch, he would have been terrified. Personally I would never contact the police because of the danger of being railroaded. Of course, if the truck's driver looks nothing like the sketch, then he probably never conected the shooting with himself. Do you think he would have had a chance in today's "justice" system?
But the true victim is and always will be little Jazmine. She wanted to be a teacher when she grew up. Now she will never have the chance. So sad.

Man Charged With Murder In Houston Girl’s Death

I found this article that says it was dark SUV. Kia makes three from the looks of it, Sportage, Sorento and Niro. I would guess it would be Sportage or Sorento if it was rental. Small or medium SUV in a dark color. I’ll try to keep track but I bet there are way more of them than red trucks.

The only time I’ve been at an active outdoor panic shooting situation was when a guy carjacked another guy a couple of cars in front of me. Police fired off rounds as he was driving away. After the first couple (maybe two) of shots I recognized it as gun fire and laid down on my seat (traffic was stopped due to the police chase). In that moment I knew there were gun shots but I couldn’t tell you what direction they came from, other than the event unfolding in front of me. I was about 6 cars back but we were stacked up pretty tight. It was 8 years ago so the details are fuzzy at this point but I remember being pretty shook up at the time.

(Off topic but I found the news story: UPDATE: Suspect identified in chase ends with wreck, arrest)

I can’t imagine being in a car - my sister is beside me, suddenly shots are fired, and look to realize she’s dead. Jazmine had dreams that will never be fulfilled, her life lost as a result of this crime. :(

So did he put that out there before or after he called in the tip that led to the arrest? That was extremely irresponsible and possibly something that could land him in court.

According to the quoted article King tweeted Cantrell's photo Friday and according to the below article he shared the tip with the Sheriff Thursday. A tip from activist Shaun King led police to a suspect in the killing of Jazmine Barnes

So yes King did put Cantrell's photo out there having already received the tip on the other (real) suspects.

HCSOTexas on Twitter
#HCSO Homicide investigators have filed a capital murder charge against Larry D. Woodruffe, 24, for the shooting death of 7-year-old Jazmine Barnes — full release: https://bit.ly/2siNdgN #HouNews

DwajSxxUUAA-viz.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back