TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome and my heart and prayers go out to you and your family. I am glad you were able to get posting privileges.

Were you also able to get verified as a local insider to post information that you might have, which has not been made public yet? I ask because I want to make sure that your posts get to stay and we all want to be here for you / with you as you and your family experience such a tragedy. Since it's the rule here at WS, I wanted to make sure you knew ahead of time. I copied / pasted this from another thread...just in case. Again..hugs to you and your family.

copied/pasted from other WS thread:

This is the information Tricia will need for members wanting to post as verified insiders/case players.

Also, anyone who knows a main player in a case, or the victims family and wishes to post as an 'insider' to the case must be verified by Tricia Griffith the owner of Websleuths. We do this to protect the integrity of the case and discussion.

Tricia can be emailed at tgrif@xmission.com . She will need a your real name, your WS user name, your telephone number and a good time to reach you (no one but Tricia will have this info),. If anyone wishes to post as an insider please email Tricia so you can be a verified poster.

I think Tricia is unavailable and Kimster is covering. You can email her from her homepage:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=35777"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
Click - her name then send message under the blinking administrator button.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=35777"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I ask for your understanding when I tell you that I would rather not mention personal details about Jonathan's family such as where they work, or whether they have any type of questionable past until we have more information as to who might be involved in this. Don't want anyone jumping to unfavorable conclusions or making accusations right now - it is easy to draw unfair conclusions when we don't have all the facts. Believe me, the police are holding the cards right now and have all the pertinent information. Even families tend to turn on each other during situations like these, so the best thing we can do is keep an open mind, IMO.

I coompletely and totally agree!

BTW Did I say welcome to WEBSLEUTHS yet?

I ask for your understanding when I tell you that I would rather not mention personal details about Jonathan's family such as where they work, or whether they have any type of questionable past until we have more information as to who might be involved in this. Don't want anyone jumping to unfavorable conclusions or making accusations right now - it is easy to draw unfair conclusions when we don't have all the facts. Believe me, the police are holding the cards right now and have all the pertinent information. Even families tend to turn on each other during situations like these, so the best thing we can do is keep an open mind, IMO.

I can speak for myself and say that I completly understand why you feel this way and would just like to support you and the family in any way I can.

Houston Police are stating they believe Jonathan was kidnapped.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/26298521/detail.html

From above link:
"I got two phone calls at work," mother Angela Davis said. "My job told me that my son called one time saying it was an emergency, and I never got that call. The second time I got a phone call from my boss. She said that it was a lady, and by the time I got to the phone they hung up."
Yet another version.

Here's the news report from the reporter's blog I quoted upthread:

Snipped>>

It was towed from the home where Jonathan Foster lives with his mother and step father.

The missing boy's parents were also driven away by HPD detectives in separate units....no indication the parents were taken into custody.

At a press conference Tuesday afternoon, police said a child's burned body found in northeast Harris County could not be confirmed to be the child because it was too badly burned.

When asked why it took three days for an Amber Alert to be issued in the case, police said it was because they didn't feel they were getting the full story behind the child's disappearance.

...Volunteers from Texas Equusearch...on standby until they hear word from detectives on the case.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/101227-parents-questioned-over-12-year-olds-disappearance

my comments: I paraphrased some sentences to stick to the TOS of linking articles...10%, etc.

When asked why it took three days for an Amber Alert to be issued in the case, police said it was because they didn't feel they were getting the full story behind the child's disappearance.

And that is what has to change about missing children cases. 1/4 story, 1/2 story, or 3/4 of a story should NOT stop you from pursuing the entire story. Dolt move in my book, and I wouldn't want to be the individual having to make that statement.

(addition) You know, the story has changed quite a bit with the parents, this is true if you are putting heavy importance on media reporting. However, police have told media themselves, not hearsay, that the reason they didn't peruse this case sooner was because they believed him to be a runaway child. Now they have changed their story shuffling the blame onto the parents by saying they were not giving entire information. This makes me upset. Very upset.

B is incorrect for the burned body location, it's 1500 Schilder near Hardy Toll Road.

Thank you. I was going by info earlier in the day. Here is the map for Schilder Road. Again, this is "assuming" the step-father works at the Lawnmower Center based on the emblem on his shirt.

A = Lawnmower Center
B = Schilder Road
2 = Where they lived

Attachments

• Schilder Raod.JPG
    Schilder Raod.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 51
Everyone who loves Jonathan appreciates what you are trying to do and the love & support you are sending this way. The most important thing is finding him before we proceed to the next level. I have the local TV stations on right now hoping for breaking news. I pray the child that was found is not him, I could not bear the thought of any child going through that, much less one I am so close with. This is a hug your kids moment if there ever was one because like another poster said, even if it is not J it is someone else's sweet baby. I doubt I will ever let my child go down the street to play again.

Interesting...

That's when they should put out an Amber Alert anyway, let the parents think they are being believed, separate them and lock them into statements! :banghead:

IMO, even IF the Amber Alert was issued at the time that Jonathan was reported missing, it was already too late! Based on the reports, it was nearly 8 hours before Jonathan was reported missing.

Local news just reported that the burned body is a small boy.

Thanks...do you recall which news station it was? I've been searching and have not been able to find anything stating a small boy...possibly a slip of the tongue???

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member