TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged w/ Murder - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean DD -- the stepfather? Just checking. I really stink at these initials and need to keep a cheat sheet of names and initials.

Yes, I thought she said the stepdad gave her the container to get rid of. Is that correct?

Interesting statement by the DA:

Harris County Assistant District Attorney Connie Spence says she's not sure if there will any more arrests in the case. Spence says her next step is to take Nelson before a grand jury to get an indictment.

The other day LE said: "she acted alone."

Further arrests don't necessarily indicate that she didn't act alone. For example - if this was in retaliation for a drug debt, there could be arrests for drugs. If police felt the mother left JF home alone in a dangerous situation, she could be charged with neglect. Or - anything along those lines.

Unfortunately, you could be so right. In my area, a young boy about to go to college a few years back, was murdered because the killer said "he dissed me."

It's just so sad.
I think that would be out of character for Jonathan. He comes over as a polite gentle soul. Not a tough street kid. I doubt he did anything to offend MN.

Dear Houston Media, Unless you are just trying to incite trouble, ya might wanna ask yourself about the wisdom of showing a video of a "container lid" in the ditch by JF while you are saying "but police said there was no container". I think it was the crime scene guys evidence container, but still...use some common sense. K. Thanks.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7876708

Dear Houston Media, Unless you are just trying to incite trouble, ya might wanna ask yourself about the wisdom of showing a video of a "container lid" in the ditch by JF while you are saying "but police said there was no container". I think it was the crime scene guys evidence container, but still...use some common sense. K. Thanks.

Thank you Media!!!
I don't see this getting a fair trial in Houston. I see this trial moving and I see this trial going to same route that Casey Anthony's case has... sadly.

JMO, and I pray that I am wrong (so, so wrong.)

Something just occurred to me. What if MN did initially go to the house to get the roommate's phone number - and when JF answered the door, he mistakenly called her "Sir"? Assuming that she had issues to begin with, could that have flipped her out so that she killed him?

I don't care how "tough" or "hardened" I am-- If there's a dead child involved and I didn't kill him, you better believe I'm ratting your tail out. There would be no "protecting" the guilty party. I wouldn't go down for capital murder for nobody. I'd be yapping my flap so fast, it would make your head spin. And I'm pretty tough ;)

Oh she is protecting someone alright. The one who means the most to her.

Herself.:furious:

imo

I think that would be out of character for Jonathan. He comes over as a polite gentle soul. Not a tough street kid. I doubt he did anything to offend MN.

I agree -- if MN took offense to anything, it was in her mind and not based on Jonathan's behaviors.

Maybe it was something as simple and innocent as mistaking her for a man? There is no malice in that, but I could see her getting very angry. It could have been something that occurred when they first met, but she held onto it. Coupled with any other issues she may have had with AD or SE, this may have been what sent her over the edge. Seems so ridiculous and petty, but there is NO good reason for what she did.

Oh, I didn't mean that at all. IMO It could have been as simple as the little boy saying my mom said not to open the door, and the suspect thinking "Don't you know who I am?" The slight is perceived by the person. In my area, the victim didn't diss the murderer either. He was completely innocent. He was a gentle soul also. It came out later that the murderer just didn't get as much respect as he felt he deserved. I even think there is a psychiatric term for it, called delusions of grandeur.

Wikipedia defines it this way: Grandiose delusions are characterized by fantastical beliefs that one is famous, omnipotent, or otherwise very powerful.

If that is really a container lid .... oops, oops, and oops again!

Oh, I didn't mean that at all. IMO It could have been as simple as the little boy saying my mom said not to open the door, and the suspect thinking "Don't you know who I am?" The slight is perceived by the person. In my area, the victim didn't diss the murderer either. He was completely innocent. He was a gentle soul also. It came out later that the murderer just didn't get as much respect as he felt he deserved. I even think there is a psychiatric term for it, called delusions of grandeur.

Wikipedia defines it this way: Grandiose delusions are characterized by fantastical beliefs that one is famous, omnipotent, or otherwise very powerful.

I agree. Almost like she felt some sort of entitlement.

I don't care how "tough" or "hardened" I am-- If there's a dead child involved and I didn't kill him, you better believe I'm ratting your tail out. There would be no "protecting" the guilty party. I wouldn't go down for capital murder for nobody. I'd be yapping my flap so fast, it would make your head spin. And I'm pretty tough ;)

Here's a the news report for the NBC affiliate.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/26350316/detail.html

Quanell X also claimed that Foster was killed over a drug debt and that Nelson is too scared to reveal the killer for fear that she will be killed.

Now she is scared. On NBC she is too scared to tell, on CBS she is tough and covering for someone.

I agree. It looks like an evidence kit that they were using. The lid seems to be attached to me.

I do wonder what they found though where they have the evidence markers.

imo

Maybe it was something as simple and innocent as mistaking her for a man? There is no malice in that, but I could see her getting very angry. It could have been something that occurred when they first met, but she held onto it. Coupled with any other issues she may have had with AD or SE, this may have been what sent her over the edge. Seems so ridiculous and petty, but there is NO good reason for what she did.

Based on what we know, I think it is reasonable to assume, Jonathan knew Mona from previous encounters. Either at SE's place, when SE was babysitting, even before AD and Jonathan moved in with SE. Or from playing outside with other kids. My kids at that age always knew a lot more people in the neighborhood than I knew.

oh boy, all I can think....and I may be wrong, is that the proverbial fat lady hasn't sung

Based on what we know, I think it is reasonable to assume, Jonathan knew Mona from previous encounters. Either at SE's place, when SE was babysitting, even before AD and Jonathan moved in with SE. Or from playing outside with other kids. My kids at that age always knew a lot more people in the neighborhood than I knew.

I do agree that he knew her from previous encounters. I was suggesting the possibility of him mistaking her for a man during their first meeting, which may have been weeks before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129