TX - Joshua Brown, 27, (witness in Amber Guyger trial), shot and killed, Dallas, 4 Oct 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joshua Brown, a witness during the Amber Guyger murder trial, was killed in a drug deal

Oct 8, 2019

Police are searching for two suspects in connection with the death of Joshua Brown, who testified at the trial of former Dallas police officer Amber Guyger, officials say.

A third suspect is hospitalized and in police custody.

Brown was shot during a drug deal Friday night at his apartment complex on Cedar Springs Road.

Michael Mitchell, 32, Thaddeous Charles Green, 22, and 20-year-old Jacquerious Mitchell traveled from Louisiana planning to buy marijuana from Brown.

The men got into a fight, and Brown shot Jacquerious Mitchell in the chest, police said. Jacquerious Mitchell told police he heard two gunshots. Green shot Brown, the man said.

Jacquerious Mitchell remains hospitalized. The other two men have not been arrested yet, police said.

Each of the three men faces a capital murder charge, police said.

Investigators found 12 pounds of marijuana and about $4,000 in cash in Brown's apartment during a search, officials said.

And authorities have gone to two houses in Louisiana looking for the suspects, an official said.

ETA: Suspects reportedly took JB's backpack and his gun when they fled the apartment parking lot (reported during press conf).

Thank you for this summary of the presser. I had wondered how anyone could make a living just managing a couple of AirBnB's, how that sort of side job would pay the rent at Southside Flats or Atera.

Question: If AG files an appeal, do the unknown activities of this prosecution witness have bearing?
Oh HELL!

From press conference. Early on i made a comment about drug deal and got raked over the coals for it. Airbnb has been known to be a money laundering for such and a reason to travel to certain places. Occam's razor... I dare say same thing from last year's shooting. They have someone in custody... 2 to go.
I am sorry you were 'chastized' for this.
Unwarranted that early on, and besides that we're not to tell others how to post.
You only commented on what was in msm so there shouldn't have been anyone feeling they needed to correct you.

There was a case featured on this forum where a young drug dealer was killed with a hammer by one of her suppliers. She was 14 and the photo shown of her was a fresh-faced teen in a baseball cap.
Not that I don't think her murderer needs a short rope and a tall tree, but her life choices brought her into terrible danger; beside being illegal.

But young people don't seem to learn. There will be more drug deaths, unfortunately.

And that's tragic.

If violence and death against blacks by cop wasn't a real problem, there would be no need of the Merrits here in the U.S.A. There is a need, and advocates like him play a necessary role in delivering justice, however imperfectly they persue it.

Why he doesn't have a license to practice state law in Texas has been doing discussed and answered, whether or not to your satisfaction.

As for having to explain why it might be he doesn't feel a pressing need to fight for the civil rights of white peeps, I'll pass.
Rbbm

Yes I know the drill...by any means necessary (BAMN). The thing is, he is doing a great disservice. Next time there’s a real injustice, people will not be too quick to believe him. Most of us know the fable “The Boy Who Cried Wolf”.

Three men came from Alexandria LA to buy drugs from JB. Confiscated 12 lbs of marijuana from JB Apt, along with 4000 cash and guns. Thaddeus Green Shot JB in an altercation in parking lot. The men took his backpack and gun. The three men are considered armed and dangerous. They believe the men are back in Louisiana.

It is simply untrue that DPD is involved in this. Leaders need to be mindful... . All from press conference.

Suspects are 3 black males, Mitchell 20, Mitchell 32 and Green 22.
Merritt to daily mail:
But what I do know is that Joshua was targeted. This was an assassination. He pulled into his parking lot and he was shot. The perpetrators fled. They didn't steal anything from him.

'This is a kid who had no gang ties, there was no lover's quarrel. He was an AirBnB host and roofer. All the usual suspects of crime, drugs and sex are simply not there.'

Botham Jean's neighbor Joshua Brown was 'assassinated', lawyer says | Daily Mail Online

Dallas Police Arrest Suspect In Joshua Brown Capital Murder Case, Seek 2 Others

The trio came from Alexandria, Louisiana to purchase drugs from Joshua Brown, Assistant Chief Avery Moore said.

“Thaddeous Green was the facilitator. He’s the one who contacted Joshua Brown,” Asst. Moore said.

Moore said when they got to the location, “Green gets out of the vehicle, has a conversation with Joshua Brown which escalates into physical altercations.”

Jacquerious Mitchell told police when he got out of the vehicle, Brown ordered him to get back in his vehicle and shot him in the chest, Asst. Chief Moore said.

Jacquerious Mitchell said while wounded in the vehicle, he heard two more gun shots.

“He said that Thaddeous Green shot Joshua Brown two times,” Asst. Chief Moore said.

Green also took Brown’s backpack and gun.

Thank you! From the article:

- arrest warrants issued for two persons
- drug deal gone bad
- large amount of marijuana in JB's apartment
- searching in Louisiana for suspects

It sounds to me like LE has a very strong lead like maybe a LA license plate, surveillance video, etc.

Unfortunately Mr M unleashed a conspiracy theory with wrong info from the first hours, and I don't need to go read Twitter/FB to imagine what is being said there about DPD planting drugs, suspects are patsies, etc.

It's sicker than it ever was in my experience and I haven't looked yet, either.
DPD have been wholly honorable throughout this short investigation.
That guy today, asst chief took no pleasure in the words or facts he stated. I have the utmost respect for him, as a result.
BUT, 6k's marijuana- less.. 2.2lbs =1kg is not a substantive supply- that is what remained in his apartment.. have no clear idea of what was contained in the backpack they stole... whether marijuana or much harder drugs?
I cannot see a long trip for pot...
Well, they don't have the bag, but they do, most likely have knowledge of what it contained and they refrained from mentioning it at this time, a possibility, anyone??

It's sicker than it ever was in my experience and I haven't looked yet, either.
DPD have been wholly honorable throughout this short investigation.
That guy today, asst chief took no pleasure in the words or facts he stated. I have the utmost respect for him, as a result.
BUT, 6k's marijuana- less.. 2.2lbs =1kg is not a substantive supply- that is what remained in his apartment.. have no clear idea of what was contained in the backpack they stole... whether marijuana or much harder drugs?
I cannot see a long trip for pot...
Well, they don't have the bag, but they do, most likely have knowledge of what it contained and they refrained from mentioning it at this time, a possibility, anyone??

Yeah. I think it’s probable that they know exactly what was in that bag, and the specifics of the deal.

They have a cooperating witness, and he would know.

For whatever reason, they didn’t find it necessary to provide the specifics.

Wow, I wonder if Brown has murdered or has tried to murder other people.

While the shooting of JB last Friday probably not directly related to shooting at Dallas club last November, I do believe it's possible that JB was targeted at the club last year for encroaching on the territory of unnamed suspect that's never been apprehended and/or charged.

Reportedly, JB long believed and feared the unnamed suspect wanted to finish the job he started... If JB was still dealing, he was probably still wanted cut out, and his fears real. MOO

I think this is completely unrelated to that November shooting.

If the account is accurate (which I believe to be the case), JB fired first. If this was some sort of a hit, they probably wouldn’t have given him that opportunity.

Engage in illegal activity like this, and you make a lot of enemies, and put yourself in dangerous situations.
I think you're right...
We do not know what the backpack contained .
If it was a few keys of coke, for sure we're in dangerville...
BUT, only 6 ks marijuana remained in his apt and some thc, liquid or some other combo,?
How likely is it for someone to carry guns to a pot deal, big or small?
Coke deals- they're expected...
How much would the wholesale price for 1 kg of marijuana be currently in Louisiana, does anybody know??
Have a feeling it was a classA.

Yeah. I think it’s probable that they know exactly what was in that bag, and the specifics of the deal.

They have a cooperating witness, and he would know.

For whatever reason, they didn’t find it necessary to provide the specifics.
I think that reason might well be respect for Joshua Brown and his family- there is no public need-to-know at this stage and it will not help find the killers. I'm speculating.

It seems likely to me that the 3 traveled such a distance in order to buy a large quantity from JB that they would then cut and sell back home. DPD probably has a guess how much was involved and the nature of those drugs.

While the shooting of JB last Friday probably not directly related to shooting at Dallas club last November, I do believe it's possible that JB was targeted at the club last year for encroaching on the territory of unnamed suspect that's never been apprehended and/or charged.

Reportedly, JB long believed and feared the unnamed suspect wanted to finish the job he started... If JB was still dealing, he was probably still wanted cut out, and his fears real. MOO
That makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member