TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

There was a child in the Coos Bay area of Oregon who wandered off and was miraculously found alive. I followed the case about a year or so ago and can't seem to find it now.

Oh wow, that last story is so similar! That boy wandered a mile from home. That is so sad to think of a small child wandering lost, and alone like that. My heart breaks for his family.

I remember that case and thinking the little boy couldn't have withstood the heat or not get his feet so badly hurt he wouldn't be able to walk that far. In this case however, I still believe that Joshua would've gotten very cold within a few minutes, cried out, or like some children, been afraid of the darkness. MOO

No, he or she was younger. Dang, I wish I could remember the case! We were following it here on WS. I remember the parents lived in a rural spot and their home was on a hill surrounded by a vast terrain of trees and brush. I was so happy they found the child!

I remember that case and thinking the little boy couldn't have withstood the heat or not get his feet so badly hurt he wouldn't be able to walk that far. In this case however, I still believe that Joshua would've gotten very cold within a few minutes, cried out, or like some children, been afraid of the darkness. MOO

Was it hot Panthera? I don't remember it getting very hot around here? Was the home on a hill? I remember we posted a pic of the house on the hill.

Was it hot Panthera? I don't remember it getting very hot around here? Was the home on a hill? I remember we posted a pic of the house on the hill.

From post #319, the case I was referring to was Emmett Trapp in Arizona. :)

From post #319, the case I was referring to was Emmett Trapp in Arizona. :)

The case of Emmett Trapp broke my heart. I will always wonder if volunteers would have found him in time. There was another case of a little red haired boy who was camping with friends of his family and disappeared. He was found alive by volunteer searchers. I don't remember his name -- there are just too many unfortunately.

... I found this report of a 2 year old who let themselves out of the house...

I'm not sure if I've told this story before. My son was 17 months old. He and my 4 year old and a friend's 4 year old were playing in the bedroom after breakfast. I went to have a shower. When I came out there was a little chair by the door. 17 month old was gone, and the 4 year old's didn't even know it. They thought he was in another room. The chain latch was undone (I'd locked it) and he had closed the door behind him. He walked from our apartment building 1 block to the main street, crossed the main street at the lights and walked up 3 blocks to the corner store. It was a store we often walked to. He helped himself to the candy rack and the store owner called police as soon as he realized my little guy was alone. I called police as soon as I checked all 3 floors of our building and the yard and parking lot. By the time I called he was already at the police station eating a donut.

I worked with a woman who had a toddler about 18 mos old. She and her hubby were sound asleep and awoke one morning to LE standing over their bed with their son in his arms. :eek: The little guy had unlocked a dead bolt and was standing on the corner down the street from their house. Praise the Lord, a neighbor recognized him! After that, they bought a new dead bolt that required a key on both sides!

Ok, I can see how a toddler can get outside and toddle about for a while...but miles? I know I can't walk miles, even though I have many more years experience at walking, and certainly not in cold, ice and/or snow...without shoes?

Very unusual. Outrageous imo. I don't care what they think might or might not have happened to him, his little body is somewhere, whether bc he wondered off or foul play and to not take tips is unbelievable.

So if someone thinks they saw something that might mean a new area to search or that they heard something, they aren't to let LE know? :banghead:

I know that if I read that and i had been wondering if I should call in what I knew, i wouldn't.

This is just my opinion, but when LE stops taking tips, I believe they have really narrowed their focus, and have a pretty good idea of the person or persons responsible.

Wouldn't doubt we are hours or a day away from an arrest announcement.

I'm not sure if I've told this story before. My son was 17 months old. He and my 4 year old and a friend's 4 year old were playing in the bedroom after breakfast. I went to have a shower. When I came out there was a little chair by the door. 17 month old was gone, and the 4 year old's didn't even know it. They thought he was in another room. The chain latch was undone (I'd locked it) and he had closed the door behind him. He walked from our apartment building 1 block to the main street, crossed the main street at the lights and walked up 3 blocks to the corner store. It was a store we often walked to. He helped himself to the candy rack and the store owner called police as soon as he realized my little guy was alone. I called police as soon as I checked all 3 floors of our building and the yard and parking lot. By the time I called he was already at the police station eating a donut.

I had a similiar experience. My son was about 2 and I was cleaning the kitchen while he was down for a nap. Somehow he got out of our ground floor apartment (it was summer and I'm assuming the screen door wasn't shut properly) and walked through the field out back to the food store where we always shopped. I found him in line, with just a diaper and a T-shirt trying to give a cashier a penny for a pack of gum. I was never so scared in my life! I put a chain lock on all the doors for a long time after that.

:waitasec:

not taking leads? Strange. Interesting. I'm with you justthinkin something is probably getting ready to happen. At least I hope so, surely LE wouldn't just...<stumped>

JMHO

If there hadn't been so many people in the house, if the the adults had been showering or sleeping, I think it would be easier to accept that Joshua got out of the house unseen.

This is just my opinion, but when LE stops taking tips, I believe they have really narrowed their focus, and have a pretty good idea of the person or persons responsible.

Wouldn't doubt we are hours or a day away from an arrest announcement.

That makes sense. There would be no reason to stop taking tips if you still didn't have a clue. JMO

ETA
Guess they could be making someone think they're close.

:waitasec:

not taking leads? Strange. Interesting. I'm with you justthinkin something is probably getting ready to happen. At least I hope so, surely LE wouldn't just...<stumped>

JMHO

I don't know if it means that something is getting ready to happen soon, but I do think it may mean they have a good idea of what happened. And they don't need the leads, maybe? JMHO

I just got back from a second ball game in downtown New Braunfels and once again saw helicoptor activity. There was a silver or grey helicoptor with no markings on it going back and forth over the Landa Park area. I saw it make the pass over that area at least 5 times. I have no idea if this is related, but geeze I've seen a lot of helicoptors over New Braunfels today...wish I knew the details.

Yep, in my part of New Braunfels, about 3 miles from Hunter Road and Country Ridge Drive...there was this one red helicopter, with no obvious markings, circling nonstop in about a 3 mile radius. It must have made a circle trip about 10 times. Definitely looking for something, as it was flying slow and somewhat low. Most definitely not a sightseeing helicopter, and not a traffic one either.:maddening:

I found him in line, with just a diaper and a T-shirt trying to give a cashier a penny for a pack of gum

Mine too. Diaper and a t-shirt. Although he had no intention of attempting to pay for what he was taking. LOL.

Police took me to the station to get him, and they were very helpful and did not give me a hard time. They said he was very obviously a happy child.

No, he or she was younger. Dang, I wish I could remember the case! We were following it here on WS. I remember the parents lived in a rural spot and their home was on a hill surrounded by a vast terrain of trees and brush. I was so happy they found the child!

It was somewhere around Ft. Worth, wasn't it? He was about 2 or 3 and they found him laying next to a pond. Parents couldn't believe he got that far and wondered if someone picked him. Forget how far it was but it was a ways and I think it was during the summer here, wasn't it (meaning 100 plus degree days).

I also wonder about septic tanks. So many children have fallen into them and died. Are there any around there? Have they been checked? I remember a case on here, dad took out the baby to the car or something and the 3 or 4 year old wandered away from the yard and fell into their septic tank and died.

So many possibilities and with so much time having passed, I don't think it will be a good outcome, sad to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time