TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked with a woman who had a toddler about 18 mos old. She and her hubby were sound asleep and awoke one morning to LE standing over their bed with their son in his arms. :eek: The little guy had unlocked a dead bolt and was standing on the corner down the street from their house. Praise the Lord, a neighbor recognized him! After that, they bought a new dead bolt that required a key on both sides!

That's exactly what we had to do here to keep the now 4 year old in the house. He made it around the corner and a couple blocks up, and that was past a handle lock and a deadbolt. We then added a chain lock way up high, and a neighbor found him in her car at 5 a.m. He had unlocked all three. Now, we have double deadbolt's with no way to open them without the key. It's an extreme measure, but it's the only way to keep him in.

If there hadn't been so many people in the house, if the the adults had been showering or sleeping, I think it would be easier to accept that Joshua got out of the house unseen.

I agree with that. I was just pointing out how crafty a young child can be.

MOO... Little Joshua got out when somebody was leaving and didn't close the door properly. I think he possibly got hit by a vehicle in the driveway (or in the street), and the person who did it covered it up.

edit: I agreed, but still didn't explain how he got out with all those people there and nobody noticing. I have another story. I had a neighbour who lived on the 2nd floor of a house. They had a few people over. Maybe 4 or 5. The downstairs neighbour knocked on the upstairs door. The 3 year old who lived upstairs had fallen over the balcony railing. Downstairs neighbour noticed him laying on the ground. Nobody upstairs noticed him missing. I'm sure he was wailing. He had a broken collar bone, but was otherwise OK.

Getting hit has crossed my mind also. If one of the people in the house hit him and killed him, and most likely, almost certain an accident, they may be hiding it for the fear of what mom and dad will do to them, how mad/angry/upset they will be. Just a possibility.

But unless LE has found him, how can they cut off leads? That part confuses me...even if they arrest someone, unless they confess, they still need help.

Getting hit has crossed my mind also. If one of the people in the house hit him and killed him, and most likely, almost certain an accident, they may be hiding it for the fear of what mom and dad will do to them, how mad/angry/upset they will be. Just a possibility.

Or if they had been drinking before getting in the car and hitting him.........therefore facing serious prison time. MOO

The more I think about them not accepting tips, the more I think they must be close. Why else would you cut off the potential for receiving the tip that solves the case.

Praying they have a suspect, have someone talking, and are waiting only on forensics and locating Joshua.

Joshua, you are in my prayers.

I have never heard of a case when police stopped taking tips. Maybe he was found today.

Whatever has happened, I so wish they would find this little angel baby. I hope and pray he will be found alive and well, but it's possible I've been around here too long to really believe that is the likely outcome. I'm trying, though. He's so precious, I can see someone wanting to have them for their own.

I saw a little baby girl about Joshua's age this morning when we went out to breakfast. She looked so much like him and it was all I could do to keep myself from taking her out of the high-chair and giving her a big kiss and hug. I don't think her family (or my hubby!) would have understood it at all!

No, he or she was younger. Dang, I wish I could remember the case! We were following it here on WS. I remember the parents lived in a rural spot and their home was on a hill surrounded by a vast terrain of trees and brush. I was so happy they found the child!

Definitely remember that case....a volunteer searcher found her? all tangled up in bushes.

If the police aren't not taking tips, I wonder if someone who was "in the know" cracked under questioning? Maybe knew the general area he was taken to, but not the exact area? I have never heard of LE not wanting tips, so I am just thinking out loud.

I just thought of this:

Who is that lady that gave that statement and who shared the info with her that LE wasn't taking leads?

Didn't the article say she was a family friend?

Should we take it with a grain of salt?

There was a comment/rumor on a news article a few days ago that someone had seen a child matching Joshua's description in another part of TX, riding in a truck, and supposedly, LE wouldn't take the tip since they didn't have the plate number of the truck. THIS IS A RUMOR/UNSUBSTANTIATED CLAIM. NOT FACT.

Makes me wonder if there was any validity to that rumor. I'm sure with the Rangers and the FBI involved, they can't all be refusing to take info from the public. Right?

I just thought of this:

Who is that lady that gave that statement and who shared the info with her that LE wasn't taking leads?

Didn't the article say she was a family friend?

Should we take it with a grain of salt?

I would most certainly take the info that the police are no longer taking tips with a grain of salt. That info has not come out on any news source, and in fact, directly contradicts the latest press release, dated yesterday, from the New Braunfels Police Department which states

"At the time of this release the missing child in this case has not been located. Officers will be continuing their search throughout the weekend, and we continue to request the public’s assistance in finding this child. "

http://www.ci.new-braunfels.tx.us/archives/63/Press Release - Missing Child - Updated Photo.pdf

I can't find the original post, but believe from the quote that the source may have been a friend of the family and also states that the family organized today's search to follow up on tips that the police have not yet followed up on. In investigations such as this, the family is not usually privy to all the tips that have been received by the police, so I'm wondering what tips and what is the source of those tips? JMO

Continuing to pray for Joshua

I would most certainly take the info that the police are no longer taking tips with a grain of salt. That info has not come out on any news source, and in fact, directly contradicts the latest press release, dated yesterday, from the New Braunfels Police Department which states

"At the time of this release the missing child in this case has not been located. Officers will be continuing their search throughout the weekend, and we continue to request the public’s assistance in finding this child. "

http://www.ci.new-braunfels.tx.us/archives/63/Press Release - Missing Child - Updated Photo.pdf

I can't find the original post, but believe from the quote that the source may have been a friend of the family and also states that the family organized today's search to follow up on tips that the police have not yet followed up on. In investigations such as this, the family is not usually privy to all the tips that have been received by the police, so I'm wondering what tips and what is the source of those tips? JMO

Continuing to pray for Joshua

Original quote:

http://herald-zeitung.com/content/tncms/live/herald-zeitung.com/news/local_news/article_eccf8698-36fc-11e0-be18-001cc4c03286.html

Michelle Griffin, family friend, said the family is going through a spiritual battle.

“The police are saying they are no longer taking tips,” Griffin said. “The lines have been jam packed with leads.”

Joshua was last seen at his home on the afternoon of February 4, 2011. He was last seen wearing a blue and red button down long sleeve shirt, a gray long sleeve Rocawear shirt, dark blue Rocawear jeans, a beige and white Rocawear onesie, a diaper, and black and white socks. He may be in need of medical attention.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...en_US&orgPrefix=NCMC&caseNum=1165276&seqNum=1

8 pm is not "the afternoon"

That's what he is wearing in the picture posted above. You can see the gray long sleeve shirt under the plaid one. This must have been taken same day.

Missing20-20Joshua_Davis203_thumbnail.jpg

P.S. Sorry didn't see that this was already mentioned.

There was a child in the Coos Bay area of Oregon who wandered off and was miraculously found alive. I followed the case about a year or so ago and can't seem to find it now.

Zoey Dorsey - 4 years old - She was missing about 40 hours.

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/03/on_his_own_brookings_man_finds.html

Her mother, Brooke, had picked her up from school that day, according to the Daily Triplicate of Crescent City, Calif., and was walking from the family car into the house when she realized her daughter wasn't with her. Zoey's parents looked for her but couldn't find the child. They called 9-1-1.

Found Alive OR - Zoey Dorsey, 4, Brookings, 17 March 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Emmett Trapp ended up 1 mile from home. He actually walked 3-4 miles, through washes, over hills... then circling back into view of homes, to end up a mile away.

Oh wow, that last story is so similar! That boy wandered a mile from home. That is so sad to think of a small child wandering lost, and alone like that. My heart breaks for his family.

Arizona Toddler Emmett Trapp Wandered for Miles Trying to Find Home
Shoeless Boy Wandered Up to 4 Miles Trying to Get Back Home

http://abcnews.go.com/US/TheLaw/emmett-trapp-wandered-off/story?id=11323106

I will always believe,
that had volunteers been allowed to search he certainly would have been found in time. There would have been more than enough people to cover the area he was in.

Michelle Griffin, family friend, said the family is going through a spiritual battle.

“The police are saying they are no longer taking tips,” Griffin said. “The lines have been jam packed with leads.”

Sure would love to hear what made her say this. I just can't believe LE is telling people they don't want anymore tips. Even if LE had said this, why say it to the public if LE hadn't? She certainly may have just kept someone with a valid tip from calling in. Are they trying to drive a wedge between LE and the public? I wonder if the family has issues with LE and are trying to make them look bad?

Just got home from a long day... Prayers for miracle!!! :praying:

I don't know if it means that something is getting ready to happen soon, but I do think it may mean they have a good idea of what happened. And they don't need the leads, maybe? JMHO

They don't have the body. They need leads

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members