TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I never expressed that I thought LE would be assuming anything. I thought perhaps some preliminary reports had been rec'd. from the FBI forensics unit.

OTOH, perhaps LE did say or allow it to leak out that they weren't taking any more leads hoping to put the squeeze on someone or make them sweat, hoping for a confession. LE can put out bogus statements at times, and do do that if it aids in bringing about a confession.

Then again with as much time as has now elapsed, I'm thinking this was bad information period. This wouldn't be the first case where a family got crosswise with LE, and if that is what is happening.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you thought that. But to me, it wouldn't be wise to make a statement like that, considering it makes them look like they are not trying too hard to find him.
I think they might say that, as you said to put the squeeze on someone IF they thought one or both the parents are hiding something, but judging from what I've seen, I just don't believe either one of them are guilty of anything. I could be wrong, I often am... but I don't believe anything happened to Joshua in that house.

I felt a bit better after the cases of kids wandering off, then being found alive, were mentioned. But thinking about the harsh weather we've had during the time he's been missing takes any hope away from me.

I am a bit intrigued by the family's thoughts that he's been kidnapped, though. I'm not sure why they would believe that. Perhaps wishful thinking that he's not out in the elements, and he might be returned unharmed?

I imagine that parents would do a lot to convince themselves that their child might be okay. Ya know, not wanting to think the worst.

I think it's pretty common for parents to think their child was kidnapped when one goes missing. When a child is kidnapped there is always hope that he/she will be taken care of and not killed. Most parents would hold out hope. I'm sure they don't want to think Joshua was lost and died in the below freezing temperatures, scared and alone.

Seeing the post about vultures up thread reminded me of the child who was camping with his *adopted* family, came up missing and was found by a local who, while on a search, spotted buzzards and went to investigate.
It was his remains.
Sadly I cannot recall his name.. :(

Ok, I can see how a toddler can get outside and toddle about for a while...but miles? I know I can't walk miles, even though I have many more years experience at walking, and certainly not in cold, ice and/or snow...without shoes?

Yes! And the steps from the trailer were ICY--this would be a definite problem, I don't think he could have even gotten down the steps safely.

Sorry, I meant to say "mobile home" not "trailer" !!

Yes! And the steps from the trailer were ICY--this would be a definite problem, I don't think he could have even gotten down the steps safely.

After seeing the mobile home, I don't either. It didn't have an extended porch covering the stairs. It also seems the cold air would hit inside as soon as the door opened, so the possibility of it being left open would also be noticed. MOO

After seeing the mobile home, I don't either. It didn't have an extended porch covering the stairs. It also seems the cold air would hit inside as soon as the door opened, so the possibility of it being left open would also be noticed. MOO

Someone asked earlier whether it was their habit to go outside to smoke. With the cold temps, I wonder if the door wasn't left open and they smoked inside.

I don't smoke, but was always amazed at the number of coworkers freezing their butts off in below 0 temps to smoke. The addiction being that great, and not being allowed to smoke in the office, they went outside.

If the door had been left open to accommodate smokers staying inside, the colder air would have been the norm.

Seeing the post about vultures up thread reminded me of the child who was camping with his *adopted* family, came up missing and was found by a local who, while on a search, spotted buzzards and went to investigate.
It was his remains.
Sadly I cannot recall his name.. :(

Sylar Newton. The "local" who had been searching on his own after LE called off the official search later found out Sylar was a distant cousin of his.

Charges (for drugs) were finally brought against his "custodial mother" and her mother in late Dec. They are sitting in jail as we speak.

Sorry, I meant to say "mobile home" not "trailer" !!

That's why I think there is the possibility of him being carried off. I don't think he would have gotten too far. Looking at the terrain surrounding the home. He could be anywhere, and you would have to be right on top of the spot before seeing him. :(

Someone asked earlier whether it was their habit to go outside to smoke. With the cold temps, I wonder if the door wasn't left open and they smoked inside.

I don't smoke, but was always amazed at the number of coworkers freezing their butts off in below 0 temps to smoke. The addiction being that great, and not being allowed to smoke in the office, they went outside.

If the door had been left open to accommodate smokers staying inside, the colder air would have been the norm.

As an ex-smoker, and one who hates the cold, I have often held the door open and stuck my head out to sneak a quick smoke.

From Dee's article above, I can't tell whether Joshua had been known to walk out the door before or if this woman was referring to her own child.

"If this was my child and I know he has walked out the door before and a lot of mothers struggle with this. But we are hoping we will be able to bring him home,” said Flack.

Normally, I would agree. But Joshua had asthma and needed a nebulizer at 18 months. That is a pretty severe case of asthma for a little guy. So IF the parents let someone smoke from inside the mobile home I would be surprised.
[ Of course stranger things have happened.]

They may have felt that opening the door was enough to offset the effects.

My own son had to have breathing treatments and albuterol when he was this age (bronchitis and what they call "undiagnosed asthma"). The cold air was also a relief to him and I went outside with him many a night.

It surprises me that they smoke at all, knowing that secondhand smoke can trigger an asthmatic episode.

I wonder whether anyone reported going outside for a smoke.

ETA
I know from personal experience how warm a houseful of people can get. So windows get opened, doors too for a period of time, just to cool things off.

If someone went out for a smoke, they may have been asked to leave the door open for a few minutes.

It's not really known how Sylar got to where he was found...I don't think he walked there on his own, personally.

Just to jump in with my 2 cents here...if I thought I had seen this baby or had a credible tip and LE wouldn't take my info over the phone, I would just beat feet right on down to the Police Station and make darned sure someone took my information.....

I was just thinking the same thing. Not some, "Have you checked the Safety Store Warehouse - they could have him stashed there!?!"

But if I thought I had seen a missing baby and LE wouldn't take my information, I'd find someone who would.

They may have felt that opening the door was enough to offset the effects.

My own son had to have breathing treatments and albuterol when he was this age (bronchitis and what they call "undiagnosed asthma"). The cold air was also a relief to him and I went outside with him many a night.

It surprises me that they smoke at all, knowing that secondhand smoke can trigger an asthmatic episode.

I wonder whether anyone reported going outside for a smoke.

ETA
I know from personal experience how warm a houseful of people can get. So windows get opened, doors too for a period of time, just to cool things off.

If someone went out for a smoke, they may have been asked to leave the door open for a few minutes.

ooohh...good point, Noway. Especially in small houses, a big crowd can make it hot and stuffy pretty quick. I think though, that propping or leaving the door open would have been mentioned already. I wonder, though, it seems like we are missing lots of puzzle pieces here.

I would think the possibility of Joshua slipping out, when someone entered or exited, is more likely. I think he fell or got down the stairs. Somehow he was injured, and carried off by some kind of animal.

I'm having trouble fitting the facts that we know with other scenarios, like kidnapping.

It's not really known how Sylar got to where he was found...I don't think he walked there on his own, personally.

No one thinks he got there on his own, since he was out cold, couldn't be aroused at the campsite and died with cold medicine, pain medicine and custodial-momster dearest's anticonvulsant medication on board! But so far, those who know aren't talking. I'm still hoping the threat of a good long stint in Sheriff Joe's Tent City 'n chain gang will loosen their lips.

She who talks first, get's the best deal.

I'd hate to think of people smoking indoors with the poor little boy having asthma. :( MOO

NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas - Police, Texas Rangers and the FBI had more than 100 extra hands to help in the search for Joshua Davis Junior. A church organized its own search for the missing 18-month-old.

The volunteers gathered in prayer before walking door-to-door and handing out flyers. Angie Flack was one of the volunteers. She has a son around the same age and believes Baby Joshua is still alive.

“If this was my child and I know he has walked out the door before and a lot of mothers struggle with this. But we are hoping we will be able to bring him home,” said Flack.
Joshua's parents believe he walked out of their New Braufels home last Friday afternoon.

If you have any information, contact Comal County Crime Stoppers at (830) 221-4100.

Wow that is one confusing, incomplete sentence...:(
But on another note, I thought his parents were so sure he was taken? Now they believe he walked away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member