TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I may interpret things a little differently from what the press is implying so to speak that LE do not have a clue as to what happened & I hope that is OK? I see it as LE have stated basically it is as a non kidnapping, not a stranger abduction, didn't wonder away, did I miss another scenario (I have been away & only touched in)? That tells me; they are working, running down items, they have the bucket, tarp and maybe more plus eliminating possibilities as the case goes on. As many have said there are few choices left unfortunately. I believe that LE judging by what LE have stated that they do have a clue as to what happened to Joshua...they just need more evidence and note they are not posting his picture & asking the media for help getting the word out-there.

We also have the dog problem (in some or many people's point of view) whether they were the right ones or not; bottom line is they was no scent out of the area of the yard and/or home. I think it is important to note that there were numerous different dogs from different agencies and they tracked the same, so it seems. I have a question (which I hate to ask), if a child or person is deceased how long after they depart does their "live" scent last? Not sure if I am wording that right, but as lonetraveller pointed out the possibility if there was an accident in the driveway for instance or say there was an accident inside, at what point would the dogs not track scent leaving in a car or at all?

All these cases get to me in the heart and each case is special in it's own circumstances...just when you think you heard it all or one case gets solved/not solved. THUD! :pullhair:

Dee, in regards to the dogs.... If the dogs are only trained in live scent (which a lot of them are), then the change to them could be almost immediate.

The issue with the dog scenario is that Joshua I'm thinking had to have left the house in the prior days, to go for a walk, to the mailbox, to get in the car to go to the store or somewhere. Yet, these dogs picked up nothing outside of the house? KWIM?

Even if police come right out and say they have no suspects, no person of interest and no clue what happened... and beg for help... that doesn't absolutely mean it's true.

On Thursday afternoon a beautiful young lady disappeared.

On Saturday a shallow grave was discovered.

Rumors quickly flew that it was her body and a former boyfriend killed her.

On Sunday they identified her body.

On Sunday they held a 7:30pm press conference stating they had no suspects, no person of interest and desperately needed tips. Even the mother begged for help bringing her daughter's killer(s) to justice.

6.5 hours later at 2am Monday morning they arrested the former boyfriend.

WE all knew he was a person of interest from Saturday afternoon, I assume that they knew that too... But they came out and said they didn't.

You just never know.... police will lie to the media and public, just like they will lie to a suspect...

Micaela "Mickey" Costanzo - 16 years old

Dee, in regards to the dogs.... If the dogs are only trained in live scent (which a lot of them are), then the change to them could be almost immediate.

The issue with the dog scenario is that Joshua I'm thinking had to have left the house in the prior days, to go for a walk, to the mailbox, to get in the car to go to the store or somewhere. Yet, these dogs picked up nothing outside of the house? KWIM?

Sarx, what if the toddler was always carried? Does that make a difference? TIA

bumping for little Joshua - where is he????????????

Dad talked about baby Joshua playing with his toys outside. Although that does not mean he had to be on the ground (maybe sitting on a tricycle or something.) I think we can verify he wasn't always carried... just from the parents statements alone. That he did play outside, with his toys.

There has also been conflicting reports on whether the dogs got his scent at all... or whether the scent just didn't leave the yard. The parents have said that his scent didn't leave the yard, but I don't think anyone has confirmed that his scent was found there to begin with. I also don't think anyone has actually denied it specifically. It's all been very convoluted.

If dogs have not trained on babies that are carried, yes, it can cause issues, not a definite though. There were a variety of toys outside though that would tell me that this little one spent some time on the ground.

I don't think we really have a clue in this case what the dogs did. I can say that I do not call an area or trail cleared if it is done only by prison/LE dogs that have not done SAR training. LE work is not the same as SAR work.

I've been without a computer for over a week, so am trying to catch up.

Just wanted to comment on LE lying to the public and the media, which is not entirely true. Sometimes when they say they don't have a POI or suspect, they may have one, but they lack the evidence to prove it, or even to get an arrest warrant. LE has to keep in mind always that the case will go to trial eventually, so they cannot afford mistakes. Until they have probable cause for an arrest and indictment, they will not proceed. So it may be that they know who committed the crime, but can't prove it just yet. Once in a while they get lucky and the pieces fall in place very quickly, but most of the time, it takes a lot of time and effort. Very few cases are solved in a matter of days.

Also, contrary to popular belief, neither the media nor the public is entitled to know everything LE knows at this point. They will not jeapordize their case by keeping the public informed because they don't have to, especially if it will tip somebody off or if it compromises their investigation in any way. We may not like it, but that's the way it is.
I could be wrong, but I do have faith that they know what they're doing.

Where is Joshua? He didn't just go poof!

On a sad, sad note and ironically enough a staff member of a NB newspaper has lost her child.

http://foxsanantonio.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/vid_5274.shtml

I wonder what changed in her routine that day... generally that is what happens. The parent doesn't usually take the child in the morning... or they take a different vehicle, etc.

Further ironically enough... a staff member of KTAB-KRBC (Hailey Dunn case) also lost their child recently. Not a baby, but they are always your baby...

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/search-fulltext?nxd_id=341476

Where are you beautiful baby boy? <3

images

Geez, a baby is missing. And it is hardly even a news item. Something is wrong with this picture.

In the Facebook link, there are two more pictures of Joshua wearing the same clothes and the same rattle on his wrist. I wonder if it's the same place as the water one?

Well, the post that I was replying to has disappeared, but the poster was trying to figure out the location of where the picture was taken. Maybe they found out.

I know we have asked this before but do we know when the last time Joshua was seen other than that night he disappeared? I know the photo that was released was allegedly taken that day but is that for sure? I am just wondering did he really disappear that day? This case is so odd. He just went poof? I am at a loss on this and no news whatsoever on it here in SA.

I know we have asked this before but do we know when the last time Joshua was seen other than that night he disappeared? I know the photo that was released was allegedly taken that day but is that for sure? I am just wondering did he really disappear that day? This case is so odd. He just went poof? I am at a loss on this and no news whatsoever on it here in SA.

I have been wondering the same things. I don't recall hearing about when he was last seen before that night. I would also like to know the last time someone other than his parents saw him.

And yes, our local news seems to have moved on already. Not a word about baby Joshua locally.

Just popping in hoping so much to see Joshua had been found. Poor little guy!

I can only hope this silence on the part of the media means that LE is getting closer to finding Joshua, and they are keeping quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper