TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh! That is great to know! Your cover may have been blown on Facebook, but I don't have a clue who you are if that helps! I just know you seem to have a lot of great information. I have started following this case and lurking because of all of this great inside info! Thank you!

She is very close to the Arnold family and the details of the case. She lived it and has been a valuable resource in preserving the facts and details. FW_Cat was outed by Rusty and I was amazed he would do that when she has been so well documented and concerned. There are many ways to work towards the truth and FW_Cat has been the most detailed and accurate in my opinion. You go Girl!

What do they plan on finding in the cars at the bottom of the lake? The girls remains?
Yes. The girls' remains would be completely skeletonized by now, but they should still be present inside the vehicle. If they're found in a car that could be connected to Tommy Trlica, that would likely be enough to convict him of their murder.
-
Furman v. Georgia (1972) wiped out all death penalty statutes, but in 1976 Gregg v. Georgia determined that the death penalty was constitutional so long as there was a separate death-penalty phase to the trial.
-
This crime occurred between those two decisions, and I'm not sure what statute was on the books in Texas, but another websleuths member stated that TT would be eligible for the death penalty were he convicted.

Posted as a comment in the FB group last night by a new woman to the group:

"CRM: Ok, thank you. I was at Wedgwood Bowl on the night they went missing. Tommy asked me to watch his little boy while he went looking for them. I was friends with Debbie but knew Rachel also. After all happened we grew apart and Debbie acted strange when I would run into her shopping or whatever. Rusty I came to your house many times over by Greenbriar elementary but you were so young then. We've all wondered and kept up all these years. I do not know anything more than anyone or fid I knoe Tommy that well but always wondered why he was never heard from during all of this searching or mentioned at all but that's a resolution for other sources. I hope to be there."

That doesn't really line up with some other purported facts. Weird, though.

So Rachel’s brother suspects that the girls were killed by the husband and then dumped them with the car in the lake? I’ve followed this case for a year and have only had websleuths for 6 months.

So Rachel’s brother suspects that the girls were killed by the husband and then dumped them with the car in the lake? I’ve followed this case for a year and have only had websleuths for 6 months.

M1974 - If you're looking for the simple answer, then yes...You're correct. If you want understanding as to how this has developed over 40-odd years, I'd encourage you go go back and read through at least this whole thread. Part 1 is interesting as well.

Yes. The girls' remains would be completely skeletonized by now, but they should still be present inside the vehicle. If they're found in a car that could be connected to Tommy Trlica, that would likely be enough to convict him of their murder.
-
Furman v. Georgia (1972) wiped out all death penalty statutes, but in 1976 Gregg v. Georgia determined that the death penalty was constitutional so long as there was a separate death-penalty phase to the trial.
-
This crime occurred between those two decisions, and I'm not sure what statute was on the books in Texas, but another websleuths member stated that TT would be eligible for the death penalty were he convicted.
The death penalty in Texas is “awarded” for cases in which the defendant is convicted of Capital murder (a murder committed while in the act of committing another crime.) The girls were kidnapped (crime #1) and then murdered (crime #2) or assaulted first and then murdered. Simply because there was a minor there (Julie) kidnapping is a given, then murder. Hence Capital Murder = death penalty. No statute of limitations either.

Your logic is flawed. You still haven't addressed the point that the other security guard could have been driving his personal vehicle. You can't just say that Hutchins's story can't be true because some other truck--the Datsun---was too small.
Her logic is not flawed. There have been other posts containing numerous reasons Hutchin's account isn't credible. Nothing hinges on the vehicle. There was also the timing, the vague story, the fact that he worked there yet claimed not to have heard anything about it. The list goes on and on.

The death penalty in Texas is “awarded” for cases in which the defendant is convicted of Capital murder (a murder committed while in the act of committing another crime.) The girls were kidnapped (crime #1) and then murdered (crime #2) or assaulted first and then murdered. Simply because there was a minor there (Julie) kidnapping is a given, then murder. Hence Capital Murder = death penalty. No statute of limitations either.

You're correct capital murder is punishable by death in TX. Also that there is no statute of limitations for murder. However...finding their remains at the bottom of the lake will likely only be enough for probable cause. Without a confession it's going to be very hard for prosecutors to prove murder. Unfortunately, TT will likely not see any jail time because finding a missing car with their remains doesn't mean they can prove who did it. Unless police have some other evidence that puts TT at that dock then all the family has is closure of knowing where their loved ones are.

The cars will be pulled in five days and hopefully the girls are found.

Posted as a comment in the FB group last night by a new woman to the group:

"CRM: Ok, thank you. I was at Wedgwood Bowl on the night they went missing. Tommy asked me to watch his little boy while he went looking for them. I was friends with Debbie but knew Rachel also. After all happened we grew apart and Debbie acted strange when I would run into her shopping or whatever. Rusty I came to your house many times over by Greenbriar elementary but you were so young then. We've all wondered and kept up all these years. I do not know anything more than anyone or fid I knoe Tommy that well but always wondered why he was never heard from during all of this searching or mentioned at all but that's a resolution for other sources. I hope to be there."

That doesn't really line up with some other purported facts. Weird, though.

That's very interesting and I went to FB and found the comment. Thank you for posting it!

I don't think it conflicts with any reported facts, though. Shawn being picked up early has never been verified that I know of. And although I've never found an official contemporaneous account of TT's whereabouts that day/evening it seems that most people agree he was at the bowling alley at one point.

I don't know this FB poster, but at first glance I'm inclined to believe her. There's a great deal of specificity there. And I can easily imagine Debra acting strange when she ran into people after that - her sister disappeared and her Dad died that year. I can't imagine the pain and confusion she would have been going through.

Her logic is not flawed. There have been other posts containing numerous reasons Hutchin's account isn't credible. Nothing hinges on the vehicle. There was also the timing, the vague story, the fact that he worked there yet claimed not to have heard anything about it. The list goes on and on.
I've heard all of those arguments, and I find none of them compelling. The theory is credible to any unbiased observer. Of course, people who want to write it off will find an excuse..

As for the time, it fits certain scenarios very well. Perhaps the security guard was doing something illegal. He might have intended to return them to their vehicle but then realized that his activities would be exposed once he got back to the mall and saw that people were already looking for the girls.

There's no guarantee that Hutchins's identification of the girls was correct, but it is credible.

Your logic is flawed. You still haven't addressed the point that the other security guard could have been driving his personal vehicle. You can't just say that Hutchins's story can't be true because some other truck--the Datsun---was too small.
I have not read an account that entertains that possibility other than yours.

I'm familiar with the current laws, but that isn't the question. The statutes that apply would be the ones on the books at the time the crime was committed. This crime was committed after Furman v. Georgia but before Gregg v. Georgia. Many states had to re-write their death penalty statutes in order to comply with Gregg.

I have not read an account that entertains that possibility other than yours.
Well, now you have read one.

I'm familiar with the current laws, but that isn't the question. The statutes that apply would be the ones on the books at the time the crime was committed. This crime was committed after Furman v. Georgia but before Gregg v. Georgia. Many states had to re-write their death penalty statutes in order to comply with Gregg.

Well, now you have read one.
I was responding to your comment about the pick-up driven by the "suspect" security guard being his personal vehicle and not the Datsun's used by mall security. I have not read an account that speculates on it being other than a mall security vehicle. It's moot; that eye-witness account is not considered by LE to be credible.

I thought I read somewhere that Hutchins had a sketchy background. ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper