TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand there has been a lot of eyes just frustrating they haven't found that thing they need.Also it doesn't help that they have been mislead as much as everyone else.The one problem I have with FWPD you said for all they knew the girls were voluntarily missing.That shouldn't have mattered when there is a nine yo missing.

No doubt . I Think FWPD did their preliminary missignperson investigation that evening and that was that. I think the flRenwent Up the following day when TT,DA and Fran didn’t believe that the nite was Rachel’s handwriting .

Back in the 1970’s I bet that there were barely any formal procedures to be followed by every Agency.
I bet most police departments didn’t even have computer to log into data base or put out a teletype .

In 1974 I was 12. It was a different time. We didn't lock our doors. Today the police would most likely do more much sooner. Not sure if 3 young girls missing only a few hours in 1974 cops would pull out all the stops so to speak. I am surprised as some others that any of the parents were in panic mode so soon.

How do you get to a kidnapping on 12/23? A juvenile, even though emancipated l, is still a juvenile under the eyes of the criminal justice system.
As to “ they” meaning the police, they still need an adequate level if suspicion to even have a warrant signed by a judge.’

Additionally . There is no evidence either to indicate if the other girls went voluntarily. Or not at that time .

A 17 year old is *not* a juvenile as far as criminal action goes. That is an absolute fact.

If the "Parents" of the "all 3 girls" had thought that they were being looked for by the Fort Worth Police properly , They would not have pooled their resources and hired a private detective. That is a simple fact. Few could argue that!

If the "Parents" of the "all 3 girls" had thought that they were being looked for by the Fort Worth Police properly , They would not have pooled their resources and hired a private detective. That is a simple fact. Few could argue that!

Dash it really does seem like the families were not getting much at all from the police.

Yikes some of the stories of read of his work probably set the case back further as I am sure he had his files destroyed as he had no solid info.

There are many thoughts about his death Johnbelt!
Drug overdose! Self-administered or Murder. That is a whole other case that will never be answered.
Interestingly the distruction of evidence brings out many theorists and discussions.

Many years ago there was several thoughts of who would want him "Dead". A whole other thread!

Last edited:
My question to TT was why after 24 hrs the family did not file missing persons report... they knew that they were seen as runaways but after 24 hrs they were missing person
He said he didn’t know we were doing what PD said to do
But according to everyone else they knew they didn’t runaway so instead of leaving it alone get to FWPD and demand something .TT said mindset was to wait till they time was up to see if they came back
My question is could the younger girls family file a missing person?

My question to TT was why after 24 hrs the family did not file missing persons report... they knew that they were seen as runaways but after 24 hrs they were missing person
But according to everyone else they knew they didn’t runaway so instead of leaving it alone get to FWPD and demand something .TT said mindset was to wait till they time was up to see if they came back

Sad. Just sad.

Yes!! (I am not TT) They could have been in the best position of all so I was told by a high up friend in Ft. Worth PD.
The father seemed missing in action during this time but Mother could have. She was going through an emotionally bad time Sounds like. Guilt for letting her baby go....Who knows?
The Sister and friend did not see them at mall for planed meet-up which could have triggered the "panic search" early on that day...
That could be the answer to that question! Why early search? Sister not seeing them there ...

Yes!! (I am not TT) They could have been in the best position of all so I was told by a high up friend in Ft. Worth PD.
The father seemed missing in action during this time but Mother could have. She was going through an emotionally bad time Sounds like. Guilt for letting her baby go....Who knows?

I don't understand dash?

Never mind. Got it.

Last edited:
See! Everyone reacts differently . I would be the one like Fran! Going from store and asking about my child. My type of personality is Ask, search, wherever it takes. Do not just stand there do something. I would never stay at home ringing my hands and cry. Find them and bring them home is my thought. Just my personality.... We are all different.

A young married girl and her teenage friend, I don't think I would have automatically assumed the worse. Especially since they were supposed to be shopping two days before Christmas in huge crowds. I could see Julie's mother more upset, but then she had told Julie to be home by 6. And we have to remember at this point it's been said Rachel and DA neither one were really close to their family.

So I see I am wrong they did file a missing persons report and it was then handle as a runaway. Sorry for confusion

It's like how many people spell the last name of the Jane Austen heroine as "Bennett" when it's Bennet. People think instinctively of Oswald Mosley when they are writing out Julie Ann's last name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member