TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would recommend checking out the Nancy Grace podcast on this case, in particular the parts where Richard Wilson (Renee's father) is interviewed.
I did listen to the Nancy Grace podcast (that answered many questions, thank you). There's still something that bothers me, though (besides the fact that no innocent bystander can account for TT's whereabouts, during a  very critical time period)
Does anyone (LE or family) still believe in the possibility that RW and JM were sold/trafficked or otherwise "exchanged"? I can't let go of that theory, yet.

LE ist extremely tight lipped in this case, I dont think any outsider does really know the status of the case there. My guess is they have a good idea what happened, but no evidence and they know they totally dropped the ball with this case, when it took them an eternity to acknowledge the girls did not simply run away. so they opt for the "this is an open case were still investigating" storyline and try to sit it out.

LE ist extremely tight lipped in this case, I dont think any outsider does really know the status of the case there. My guess is they have a good idea what happened, but no evidence and they know they totally dropped the ball with this case, when it took them an eternity to acknowledge the girls did not simply run away. so they opt for the "this is an open case were still investigating" storyline and try to sit it out.
So at this point, short of a confession ( which isn't likely), the only real hope we have is if bodies are found.

The bodies probably dont exist anymore is my guess. They havent been found in close to 50 years, so its unlikely they ever will. So a (deathbed) confession is likely the only hope of a resolution here. Id love to be proven wrong though

So at this point, short of a confession ( which isn't likely), the only real hope we have is if bodies are found.
I think that there's at least a 50% chance that the bodies were incinerated in the local scrap metal furnace, so they may not exist. If they were not incinerated there, then they were probably disposed in a way that guarantees that they won't be found.

I wonder whether there would be any written record of, say, a suspect in this case dropping off some "empty" steel drums to be melted down. I doubt such records still exist even if the scrap furnace kept records to begin with.

If the primary bad actor is a psychopath, then there won't be a deathbed confession, IMO. There could be a deathbed confession from an accomplice, but I doubt it.

Its also doubtful that the discovery of the bodies would automatically solve the case. After 50 years there is likely no meaningful evidence left. unless they turn up in a Arnold transmission shop drum... But it would certainly revive the case in a big way.

I think that there's at least a 50% chance that the bodies were incinerated in the local scrap metal furnace, so they may not exist. If they were not incinerated there, then they were probably disposed in a way that guarantees that they won't be found.

I wonder whether there would be any written record of, say, a suspect in this case dropping off some "empty" steel drums to be melted down. I doubt such records still exist even if the scrap furnace kept records to begin with.

If the primary bad actor is a psychopath, then there won't be a deathbed confession, IMO. There could be a deathbed confession from an accomplice, but I doubt it.
Have there been any
Its also doubtful that the discovery of the bodies would automatically solve the case. After 50 years there is likely no meaningful evidence left. unless they turn up in a Arnold transmission shop drum... But it would certainly revive the case in a big way.
Were Arnold Transmission shop drums labeled/marked in a way that would ID them as such?

Justice may not be served, but at least the families could bury their loved ones...at this point, I'd settle for that. Those directly responsible for this will pay  huge consequences someday.

Some time ago on this forum, there was mention of TT buying/owning property in another town, in Rachel's name (after her disappearance). Anyone recall anything about that?

Also, I wonder what was done with Rachel's personal belongings, by whom, and how soon after her disappearance.

I did listen to the Nancy Grace podcast (that answered many questions, thank you). There's still something that bothers me, though (besides the fact that no innocent bystander can account for TT's whereabouts, during a  very critical time period)
Does anyone (LE or family) still believe in the possibility that RW and JM were sold/trafficked or otherwise "exchanged"? I can't let go of that theory, yet.
I believe it was Rachel's mother who first suggested the theory of the three girls being trafficked/sold ?

It sounds a bit convoluted to me. Was trafficking a big thing in Fort Worth in the 1970s ? I can't see the girls being grabbed by traffickers in the packed parking lot of the Mall in Broad daylight. That just does not make sense to me.

Until further evidence comes to light, I think whatever happened to the girls occurred in Rachel's house. I would also run with the theory that Rachel was the first to come to harm.

I believe it was Rachel's mother who first suggested the theory of the three girls being trafficked/sold ?

It sounds a bit convoluted to me. Was trafficking a big thing in Fort Worth in the 1970s ? I can't see the girls being grabbed by traffickers in the packed parking lot of the Mall in Broad daylight. That just does not make sense to me.

Until further evidence comes to light, I think whatever happened to the girls occurred in Rachel's house. I would also run with the theory that Rachel was the first to come to harm.
I wasn't referring to the three of them being nabbed/trafficked from the mall. I'm saying, could TT have killed Rachel (at home or wherever) and made arrangements for the other two to go elsewhere? It may seem farfetched, but I submit the following reasons for thinking this could have happened:
1. Julie's mother received that one phone call from someone who sounded like Julie-- the prank caller(s) denied making that particular call.
2. Trafficking, aka "white slavery", has been going on for centuries -- not a new thing. With DA's known associations, there could have been a deal struck to make Renee and Julie disappear, without killing them, and money made, in the process.

I know family members have stated they'd rather the girls were killed, than live a tortured life. I can understand that. But, there are just too many odd, little pieces of this whole story that don't fit right for me, without this scenario being considered.

1. Julie's mother received that one phone call from someone who sounded like Julie-- the prank caller(s) denied making that particular call.
No.
Families adresses were in the papers. Their phone numbers in phone books.
It wasn't just Julie's mom, it wasn't just that one time. All the families of those three missing girls and hundreds on hundreds of other missing people families were receiving prank calls on daily basis.
It was a form of entertainment. Prank calls. From people pretending to be the missing person calling for help, or insulting them, scaring, threatening and so on.
One call was reported in the news, cause this time Julie's mother felt like this could really be Julie.
What they haven't mentioned is that there were other calls, many of them. And not only to the Moseley's house. Those kind of calls were a really BIG thing until caller ID wasn't available. It was what kids were doing where they felt bored.

Usually it was just about calling a random person, asking them random, silly question like "do you have running water in the house? yes? then go and catch it" & end the call.
Heartless, souless people were targetting people from the news, so they knew something about them (from the article) and could play like they are someone they knew, or an official. It used to be very common with missing person's cases reported in press. It wasn't just the matter of a random oddball, or group of heartless weirdos. Widely publicised case meant multiple pranksters attacking repeatedly. Even if some of them were identified, I'd seriously doubt LE had a way to identify all of them, or even significant part. And they (LE) had to be aware of prank calls popularity in other cases and the fact that they had nothing to do with the cases.
2. Trafficking, aka "white slavery", has been going on for centuries -- not a new thing. With DA's known associations, there could have been a deal struck to make Renee and Julie disappear, without killing them, and money made, in the process.
DA had known associations with human traffickers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member