GUILTY TX - Kari Baker, 31, found dead in her Hewitt home, 7 April 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just read at http://dontevengetstarted.blogspot.com/ that 20/20 is planning the update show on this case FRIDAY!!!!!
Can't wait to see how they wrap it all up!
I will try to remind you all later in the week, or if anyone wants to bump this - feel free.
Nothing up on their site yet, but the WS member who also runs the page listed in the link has been in the loop since day one, so I am thinking this is as good as gold, newswise!

Just read at http://dontevengetstarted.blogspot.com/ that 20/20 is planning the update show on this case FRIDAY!!!!!
Can't wait to see how they wrap it all up!
I will try to remind you all later in the week, or if anyone wants to bump this - feel free.
Nothing up on their site yet, but the WS member who also runs the page listed in the link has been in the loop since day one, so I am thinking this is as good as gold, newswise!
The tiny preview is up: http://abcnews.go.com/2020/

Sure hope the story is better than this clip -- the trial was so compelling, but this clip is - well, just wish I worked for 20/20 but I bet the actual show will be good since their first one was done so well!

Looks like they are adding more new content to the website today -- http://abcnews.go.com/2020/texas-pastor-matt-bakers-secret-affair/story?id=11106711&page=2

I am kinda upset and disappointed in the way they are still in some of the promo's presenting it as a possible overdose and as a mystery yet to be solved - so, if you will allow me a tiny rant....:croc::croc:
ABC 20/20 Here is the MEMO: GUILTY of MURDER (not a mystery and not an overdose!)
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: GOT IT?

Ahhhhhh, thank you for allowing me a rant! LOL BTW the reason for my rant is this:

"Matt Baker was a Baptist preacher with an active congregation in Waco, Texas, and a beautiful family, including two young daughters.
But his seemingly picturesque life changed forever on April 7, 2006, when he found his wife, Kari, dead in their bed, apparently from an overdose of sleeping pills." http://abcnews.go.com/2020/texas-pastor-matt-baker-convicted-wifes-2006-murder/story?id=11092046

To me that is disappointing journalism to present this case as unknown. IT WAS NOT AN APPARENT OVERDOSE - it was a MURDER. Her life and the life of her children and family members are the ones whose life changed forever. matt changed his own life - he chose to kill Kari - So I just hate it when to lure in viewers they are still presenting it as an unknown. IMHO, disrespectful to the family, prosecutors and most of all to the memory of Kari.
Rant off.

I just got a google alert on the case.
http://www.kwtx.com/news/headlines/...s_Slain_Wife_Dismissed_104539724.html?ref=724

I hope this is lousy reporting because from all I have seen in this case - the Dulins and Kari's memory deserved to at least have this case heard. I wonder what happened to warrant a dismissal. I hope this is not the end of the custody case as having watched MB mother on several media interviews and in the case - it is obvious to me that the children had the best chance of healing from the brutal murder of their mother in the hands of Linda Dulin.

MY TAG LINE WILL STAY TILL LOVE TRUMPS ALL THE EVIL MB DEALT.

Thanks for the update A News Junkie....so does this mean this is the end of the custody issue? Do her parents have no further options? This is so upsetting if that is the case....this is so wrong and I feel so awful for those kids (and the Dulins).

Thanks for the update A News Junkie....so does this mean this is the end of the custody issue? Do her parents have no further options? This is so upsetting if that is the case....this is so wrong and I feel so awful for those kids (and the Dulins).

Blondie,
So far these answers have not come out. I know last this story was reported on there was a gag order on the case - so if it has in fact been dismissed, I guess the gag order is dismissed as well so maybe the media will get the written decision and hopefully that will tell us if this is a technicality of a law or what that caused this.
My mind imagines a good ole' boys network and all kinds of things as this seems so wrong -- Kari's voice was snuffed by this evil man and now it seems to me her voice should be heard in the custody of her girls via her family and friends. So, for this to be dismissed in Kerrville makes me think this is another case of justice not being for or in the best interest of the children. I am hoping it is some STUPID technicality of law that can be fixed and the case can be re-opened.
Maybe Shannon who runs the family website will weight in here in the next few days and let us know. I will email her thru her site and see what I can find out.
Prayers for healing for all.
BTW - all JMHO, etc....

I am very interested in finding out what the reasons could be behind dismissing this suit, which seems like an absolutely necessary response to Baker being convicted of murdering these poor girls' mother. It seems sadly suspicious that this suit was dismissed in Kerrville, and I would certainly hope that the reason for this decision can be made public, so that it can be shown it wasn't a miscarriage of justice--as it sounds from this vantage point!

If the Dulins are not able to find legal recourse in Kerrville, I hope the national media that has covered this story would be willing to revisit this as a follow-up--at least to put some pressure on to get the real story behind this out.

I lived in Waco for a few years, which is why I started following this story initially, although I know no one involved. The local voices keeping us up on the progress of the case (which has been so helpful!) seem to be quieter at this point, which makes me hope there is more happening behind the scenes.

I just really cannot understand how even a good ol' boys network could defend dismissing this suit out of hand, given the circumstances. And the longer the custody issues drag on, the harder it is going to be for those girls. So very sad.

All IMO.

This is good news....and encouraging! I have faith this will work out for the girls' benefit. Thanks for the update A News Junkie.

(and by the way, your updates during the trial were terrific and much appreciated!)

I'm SO glad to know this! I'll go take a look at the blog right now. I'm very curious to know what happened here!

Okay, so the News Junkie is just that - A_News_Junkie and I just watched 48 hours Mystery and at the end it says NEW Saturday 9-11pm 48 hours mystery dirty little secrets.

They showed a clip of Kari and VB and remember "dirty little secret" was the song MB told VB was their song. So, DVR alert looks like we will finally get to hear something new on this case.

Looks like WS own member has access on the 48 hours piece - she says watch this week for web extras and goodies - :woohoo:I love goodies! LOL
http://dontevengetstarted.blogspot.com/

I will link back if I see anything cool or maybe Justice For Kari will come and share with us too!

Thanks, News! Sorry I've been MIA. Been crazy busy these days. I heard from the AP at 48 Hours that mostly likely the three web extras will be posted online after the show airs. =( I was hoping for some this week. But she did say that Erin's "Notebook" will be online either today or tomorrow so that will be some good reading, I'm sure. As soon as I see it, I'll link to it. Also, I'll have something extra and very cool on my blog later this week. So stay tuned.

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. Keep praying for Kensi and Grace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67
Back