Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford 19 June 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My logic is flawed though cuz if that were the case, they should have done an Amber Alert then.. idk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I completely understand why they didn't issue an Amber Alert however there needs to be some kind of critical missing alert if some kind. In Amber alert cases they can put license plate number and vehicle descriptions on those digitized signs on major roadways. I don't see how they could do that in Kaytlyn's specific case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didnt write down all the critera for the Amber Alert rules but one of them is they need evidence of an abduction such as a car and or a person seen stalkin the kid so that they can ask for help from the public. After I thought about it a second it makes sense to me, if you just say " help a kid is missing" without other details they have nothing to ask the public for help. I get what they mean, just saying

I would like to know if they were really her "friends" or just kids around the apartment complex that she was simply friendly with when she saw them. I've been wondering if she had been getting bullied by anyone, and perhaps she had been lured away by someone who had bad intentions toward her?!

I'm so heartbroken that this happened to Kaytlynn. I am hopeful and praying that justice will be served! [emoji174][emoji174]

I would like to know if they were really her "friends" or just kids around the apartment complex that she was simply friendly with when she saw them. I've been wondering if she had been getting bullied by anyone, and perhaps she had been lured away by someone who had bad intentions toward her?!

I'm so heartbroken that this happened to Kaytlynn. I am hopeful and praying that justice will be served! [emoji174][emoji174]

Yes! I have similar thoughts like that as well.

Very doubtful. I've never seen any apartments here that has garbage chutes.

Renovation companies sometimes use chutes while they are working on a building. The rental chutes often come with same-day garbage removal.

I'm posting this to help answer some Amber Alert questions. Note that all elements should be present but that there will also be small differences state to state (& province to province). Also note that for incidents which do not meet the Amber Alert criteria, there is a system in place called the Child Abduction Response Teams (CART) - this manual makes for some interesting reading if you're bored (http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/mcicsearch/documents/cart manual0822.pdf)

Amber Alert Guidelines from the U.S. Department of Justice:

- There is reasonable belief by law enforcement that an abduction has occurred.
- The law enforcement agency believes that the child is in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death.
- There is enough descriptive information about the victim and the abduction for law enforcement to issue an AMBER Alert to assist in the recovery of the child.
- The abduction is of a child aged 17 years or younger.
- The child’s name and other critical data elements, including the Child Abduction flag, have been entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) system.

https://www.amberalert.gov/guidelines.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMBER_Alert#Incidents_not_meeting_alert_criteria

I rewatched the press conference earlier, and I get the vibe that the story from the parents and "friends" are key here. Something that they said made the police think that maybe she was just at a friend's house without permission or something. Maybe this friend is older, they got the apt # from the apt complex and found it vacant or something and that's when they realized this is a little more serious? MOO.

I do not think that initially her parents thought there was anything unusual about her not immediately returning home. Therefore they didn't report to the police until later in the day. I'm only speculating that they had no previous problems with her & therefore they were giving her space to "do her own thing" without being overly concerned. Therefore, no Amber Alert. JMO

I think she was targeted, the person was familiar with the trash schedule and knew it would be picked up almost immediately on whatever day and dumped... and they never thought the body would be found at the landfill.

hopefully the remains being found sooner then expected caused the perp to make mistakes or run.

I do not think that initially her parents thought there was anything unusual about her not immediately returning home. Therefore they didn't report to the police until later in the day. I'm only speculating that they had no previous problems with her & therefore they were giving her space to "do her own thing" without being overly concerned. Therefore, no Amber Alert. JMO
I think we're on the same page. I understand the criteria for the Amber Alert system and why it was not issued in this case.

I know alot of people are angry at the PD for what they've said/done at this point, but I find what they HAVEN'T said to be the most interesting. Time will tell. I'm just impatient, as I'm sure we all are.

Idk the more I think about it, the more this entire story stinks. I'm getting the vibe that this is all a series of secondhand stories; "he said she said" through the grapevine stuff.

But the truth is in there somewhere.

I am finding the wording of LE to be very odd. Almost like they are expecting the tox report to come back positive, and this to be an accidental OD with panicked "friends" who put her in the dumpster. She just doesn't strike me as that kind of kid though. MOO of course.

Kids experiment. Some just to fit in.
Doesn't mean she was that kind of kid.

bbm
Not all that much time went by before the parents reported her missing. They were looking for her themselves for maybe an hour or so (she left to walk the dog at around 6:20) and then called police at around 8 p.m.

Bedford Police Department Statement:
https://www.facebook.com/BedfordTXP...496574072371/1256400947815264/?type=3&theater

I think we're on the same page. I understand the criteria for the Amber Alert system and why it was not issued in this case.

I know alot of people are angry at the PD for what they've said/done at this point, but I find what they HAVEN'T said to be the most interesting. Time will tell. I'm just impatient, as I'm sure we all are.

I am a local & I can assure you that this is the last thing anyone would think of happening here. I'm not saying we're crime free but violent crimes are almost unheard of here. Of course, we have drug houses just like almost everyone else in the world. You can drive down some streets & smell people cooking meth. However, everyone opts to not to call the police for fear there are police officers "on the take" & that there would be retributions. It's a sad situation, but it's just simply a fact. The last time I can remember a murder in Bedford was in the late 1970s or early 1980s. In that case it was a pawn shop owner & his wife who were thought to have valuables in their home. Otherwise, I remember no murders.

I am a local & I can assure you that this is the last thing anyone would think of happening here. I'm not saying we're crime free but violent crimes are almost unheard of here. Of course, we have drug houses just like almost everyone else in the world. You can drive down some streets & smell people cooking meth. However, everyone opts to not to call the police for fear there are police officers "on the take" & that there would be retributions. It's a sad situation, but it's just simply a fact. The last time I can remember a murder in Bedford was in the late 1970s or early 1980s. In that case it was a pawn shop owner & his wife who were thought to have valuables in their home. Otherwise, I remember no murders.
I'm a local too. I totally get it.

bbm
Not all that much time went by before the parents reported her missing. They were looking for her themselves for maybe an hour or so (she left to walk the dog at around 6:20) and then called police at around 8 p.m.

Bedford Police Department Statement:
https://www.facebook.com/BedfordTXP...496574072371/1256400947815264/?type=3&theater

Actually I found that pretty fast, especially because they assumed she went to visit a friend (and maybe she did indeed). Was the friend they had in mind trouble? Why would you call the police if you think your teenager visited a friend? They must have been very worried that she actually visited this friend if you dial 911 in that situation. I wonder why. Had they forbidden her to see this person?

not calling this case a murder? Wow what do they think she jumped into the landfil by herself? Please....
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/06/23/bedford-pd-to-give-update-on-teen-death-investigation/

Sounds Iike strategy. Often when they speak to suspects they try to give them a way out- "I know you didn't mean to hurt her. It was an accident, right? We know you're not a monster." By publicly calling it murder they compromise their ability to interrogate suspect. It puts suspects on the defense.

Also, there are forms of homicide like manslaughter or negligent homicide of some sort that don't rise to the level of murder. So that is a semantics issue.

I am finding the wording of LE to be very odd. Almost like they are expecting the tox report to come back positive, and this to be an accidental OD with panicked "friends" who put her in the dumpster. She just doesn't strike me as that kind of kid though. MOO of course.
I find the statements odd throughout this ordeal and why I don't trust them now. I'm not even bothered by the no Amber Alert because I do understand those technicalities.

#1 From the beginning of missing alert, LE stated they didn't feel she was in danger. WTH would they say that apparently having no clue as to her whereabouts whether with a friend, family, or abducted and probably already murdered by that time. Very careless wording. A missing person is and can always be in danger!

#2 We have the not related statement of the landfill and Kaytlynn missing when they clearly were on scene and knew it was.

#3 We finally get announcement and wait on PC, only to clearly be all about their very questionable actions or lack thereof and nothing much about the circumstances or victim.

#4 We have telling the community they are not calling this a murder investigation, there are no dangerous perps out there, and there is no COD as of yet as well as no trauma when the majority of the public can clearly see the blatant lies.

This is not a way to get your community to work with you nor trust you. Too many holes and terrible wording, IMO, and I wouldn't be surprised to see this story in the news for a long time to come by angered family members and residents for how it's been handled. This case is spreading widely and will no doubt attract big attention. I'd rather LE say we can't release those details due to an open investigation than to bullcrap around like they have on this case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Actually I found that pretty fast, especially because they assumed she went to visit a friend (and maybe she did indeed). Was the friend they had in mind trouble? Why would you call the police if you think your teenager visited a friend? They must have been very worried that she actually visited this friend if you dial 911 in that situation. I wonder why. Had they forbidden her to see this person?

My understanding is that they thought she might have gone to visit one of her friends, but didn't know which one. Not that it was some specific person they didn't trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic