Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM: I'm always a huge supporter of LE, but I just don't understand many of the comments they've released. The BBM for example. Do think she took an overdose of something, left her dog tied up and then crawled into a dumpster? REALLY????

I think it would make more sense to just say that cause of death hasn't been determined.
Its like they are going out of their way to say "we don't know what happened, we don't know who did it.. but we're doing stuff!"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

BBM: I'm always a huge supporter of LE, but I just don't understand many of the comments they've released. The BBM for example. Do think she took an overdose of something, left her dog tied up and then crawled into a dumpster? REALLY????

I think it would make more sense to just say that cause of death hasn't been determined.

I think they're hinting at something more like she tied her dog up to go meet drug dealers, possibly overdosed, and body was ditched in dumpster by said dealers.

Well just think about it from their POV (LE).
They have a body, no apparent violence and even the ME can't say how or why she died.
What else can they do except what they are doing?

They have a body, no apparent violence and even the ME can't say how or why she died.

Exactly!

Oh no, I get it. I would just rather them do what they've gotta do and update when they have something of substance.

I also realize that they are under extensive scrutiny right now, and no matter what they do people won't be happy. If they weren't giving us these little updates, we'd be sitting here saying "what the heck are they doing? Why no updates?"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

This. I too am a huge LE supporter, but I do not understand how Kaytlynn could have ended up in a dumpster and/or landfill by her own accord. Why couldn't LE say "We're searching every avenue and possibility as to how this happened.." etc. The wording is odd, I think. Though doubtful, maybe they have a suspect(s) and don't want to tip them off? I'm not in denial, I just can't think this was not a murder.

Exactly. All the factors add up, and it also explains all the confusion about the "friends" she was with.

Either this is a stall tactic or COD will be determined by tox.

Wondering since she is so small if she was given a lethal dose of a date rape drug? The lethal part being intentional or unintentional.

The fact that her body was dumped in this way makes me think it was either an accidental death or a first time perpetrator or a reckless / cocky perpetrator?

Any long time sleuthers have insights on profiling the perp based on the current circumstances?

Interested what people think...

I see this happen in many cases -- where armchair case followers expect to hear details of an investigation, often quickly, or else it means LE is not doing anything.

It takes as long as it takes to gather evidence, interview people, follow up on tips and leads and all the various activities. And in the meantime the M.E. report can take 3 months (sometimes more, sometimes less) to be completed and filed.

The vast majority of activity done is behind the scenes, and not disclosed. LE communicates with the family of the deceased, but Joe/Josephine Public has no choice but to cool their collective heels and wait.

I have a hard time believing there was no trauma to the body, trash processing would be very injurious. Perhaps she has extensive injuries so the ME can't conclusively determine COD.

It's also possible that this was a soft kill, such as smothering.
I estimate the perp is age 17-25, possibly living at the complex.
I do think the motive was sexual.

I think they're hinting at something more like she tied her dog up to go meet drug dealers, possibly overdosed, and body was ditched in dumpster by said dealers.

That's my problem. She's a 14 year old child. IMO they shouldn't hint at anything! When they have facts to share they should share them. All I want to hear is that they are moving heaven and earth to find out what happened to this sweet child.

Maybe they are needing toxicology to determine the time of death. Also, toicologists can determine pre, peri and ante mortem injuries via microscopic examination of tissue samples.

I see this happen in many cases -- where armchair case followers expect to hear details of an investigation, often quickly, or else it means LE is not doing anything.

It takes as long as it takes to gather evidence, interview people, follow up on tips and leads and all the various activities. And in the meantime the M.E. report can take 3 months (sometimes more, sometimes less) to be completed and filed.

The vast majority of activity done is behind the scenes, and not disclosed. LE communicates with the family of the deceased, but Joe/Josephine Public has no choice but to cool their collective heels and wait.
I agree....its also amazing how people act and what they tell over time as they think the coast is clear. Patience, my friends, patience.....[emoji11] [emoji10] [emoji9]

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

I have a hard time believing there was no trauma to the body, trash processing would be very injurious. Perhaps she has extensive injuries so the ME can't conclusively determine COD.

It's also possible that this was a soft kill, such as smothering.
I estimate the perp is age 17-25, possibly living at the complex.
I do think the motive was sexual.
I don't think it's a fact there was no trauma, is it? I understood it to be more like they have no visible cause of death, so I imagined that landfill/compactor damage couldn't be discerned from purposeful injury. Probably I'm misunderstanding this. I'm assuming LE really doesn't want to talk on this one. I think it's because they have a person/persons in mind.

Edited to add I think it's sexual too. I agree with you.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Maybe they are needing toxicology to determine the time of death. Also, toicologists can determine pre, peri and ante mortem injuries via microscopic examination of tissue samples.
This makes the most sense yet! How could detectives, with their naked eye determine which injuries were caused when. Especially at a dump (literally) site. Good point.

I don't think it's a fact there was no trauma, is it? I understood it to be more like they have no visible cause of death, so I imagined that landfill/compactor damage couldn't be discerned from purposeful injury. Probably I'm misunderstanding this. I'm assuming LE really doesn't want to talk on this one. I think it's because they have a person/persons in mind.

Edited to add I think it's sexual too. I agree with you.

Me three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members