Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
or they said 'a front-loading sanitation truck' because that's all the only kind they allow to dump in that particular area
Commercial does also include commercial traffic such as construction, roofing, carpet layers, any businesses dumping, etc so it's likely stated front loading sanitation truck to further clarify where it came from. I'm picturing the kind that lifts the dumpster up above the cab to dump into the bed versus other types of commercial traffic such as a truck with trailer full of carpet laying debris.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

If LE knows she was murdered, they are doing a great disservice to her and her family by being so vague. It allows for speculation such as suicide, drug overdose ,etc...in fact the only reason suicide entered my mind is from how LE has been dancing around their words, Imo. Not a great strategy if they know manner of death. Declaring they have a murder case would not harm an investigation as far as I can see. It is done every single day in this country.
I don't see it as a disservice. There are multiple reasons why it could be important. And as long as they don't suspect the family, IMO, the family is being briefed by LE. I also don't think they are involved. So I think law enforcement has informed them on at least a good portion of what's going on behind the scenes, and why it's being kept quiet. They don't want to tip off the suspect(s), and the family understands. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I was following a "case discussion" group for this on Facebook. No new news there..however..it has gotten "archived" in just the last few hours. I'm not sure why that happens..but in this situation I'm wondering why even more. I also live in the area. I support the police efforts 100% but also very worried about the cause of this poor girls death. My heart is with her family and friends.

Thank you!! You are spot on & I know because I live here!!!! I'm sure it is a bit confusing for people who are not familiar with the area.

I live here too and it is mostly peaceful, but considering Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville ...NRH and Keller... HEB is not nearly as "affluent" if this were in one of those cities I think we might have a very different narrative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was replying to someone else's post. I don't know if they know or not, my point was, they will know before it is released publicly.
They should know before it's released, however, if LE has any suspicions of any family involvement they might not release details to them either. I've seen this before.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thing is if there was i think LE would have to say something. And i think they would know right away if there was. I know u have to wait for dna results but they would know right away if she was assaulted. Sadly ...

I don't think it's necessarily true that they have to say something. They might withhold that information from the public because that's one more thing that only the killer would know.

I was following a "case discussion" group for this on Facebook. No new news there..however..it has gotten "archived" in just the last few hours. I'm not sure why that happens..but in this situation I'm wondering why even more. I also live in the area. I support the police efforts 100% but also very worried about the cause of this poor girls death. My heart is with her family and friends.

It was archived because the family asked the administrator to shut it down for two hours out of respect for Kaytlynn.

It was archived from 6-8pm cst during the visitation out of respect for Kaytlynn and the family.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

<modsnip>
Not the same thing, but I recently had a close relative in the news for a not-so-awesome reason, and before I knew it, my name, photos, and ADDRESS were online accompanied by threats. It was horrifying. I can't imagine what this poor family is going through.

ETA: I helped said relative remove all social media accounts immediately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

Not the same thing, but I recently had a close relative in the news for a not-so-awesome reason, and before I knew it, my name, photos, and ADDRESS were online accompanied by threats. It was horrifying. I can't imagine what this poor family is going through.

ETA: I helped said relative remove all social media accounts immediately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

Omg! Wtf is wrong with people?

If LE knows she was murdered, they are doing a great disservice to her and her family by being so vague. It allows for speculation such as suicide, drug overdose ,etc...in fact the only reason suicide entered my mind is from how LE has been dancing around their words, Imo. Not a great strategy if they know manner of death. Declaring they have a murder case would not harm an investigation as far as I can see. It is done every single day in this country.

I have to disagree, only because LE's job isn't to manage public perception. It's to determine if a crime occurred and find the perpetrator to bring them to justice. Speculation is going to run rampant either way. If by not releasing C/MOD it gives LE an advantage when interviewing suspects, then by all means do it. I've followed cases where LE keeps the family updated and releases info to them and other cases where family knows nothing more than what's been publicly released. Abby and Libby's case is one where the family doesn't know more. I trust that LE has a reason for every move they make or don't make.

Cause of death for Bedford teen could take weeks, months

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner said Monday it could be weeks or months before the cause of death is known for a Bedford 14-year-old girl.

Bedford Police are keeping up patrols through the apartment complex where Kaytlynn Cargill disappeared from last Monday. Her body was found two days later in an Arlington landfill.

Police said Monday they still have no evidence the teenage girl was kidnapped or abducted.

"We've not made any arrests or executed any search warrants just following up on tips and leads as we discussed,” said Bedford PD Lt. Kirk Roberts.

I'll tiptoe on a fragile limb to offer that perhaps human decomposition has something to do with determining the COD. This precious child, Kaytlynn, was missing for at least 84 hours. That is a long time spent in the oftentimes oppressive TX heat. If left in the open, a severe sunburn cannot be discounted.

I shall remain grateful that Kaytlynn was found and properly buried. May Kaytlynn not be forgotten and Peace be restored and justice be swift.

I used to live in a complex where each block had a dumpster on the curb with sliding windows on the sides so you could reach to throw your trash bags in. A front-loading dumpster picked up the trash, it just picked up the whole dumpster and upended it over the back of the truck.

I live here too and it is mostly peaceful, but considering Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville ...NRH and Keller... HEB is not nearly as "affluent" if this were in one of those cities I think we might have a very different narrative.

Respectfully, I did not say that HEB was affluent. JMO, it is a safe place for middle income to some low income people. However, Bedford was affluent enough at one time that it had a Dallas Cowboy & a Texas Ranger living there. I know because they were my neighbors in the 1970s. I'm sure they have moved on to bigger & better things by now. I'm certainly not affluent by any stretch of the imagination, far from it, but I was lucky enough to find a little 2 bedroom mother-in-law-house in a posh neighborhood. Because of my advanced age I've been living in an apartment for quite some time & I still feel safe.

Respectfully, I did not say that HEB was affluent. JMO, it is a safe place for middle income to some low income people. However, Bedford was affluent enough at one time that it had a Dallas Cowboy & a Texas Ranger living there. I know because they were my neighbors in the 1970s. I'm sure they have moved on to bigger & better things by now. I'm certainly not affluent by any stretch of the imagination, far from it, but I was lucky enough to find a little 2 bedroom mother-in-law-house in a posh neighborhood. Because of my advanced age I've been living in an apartment for quite some time & I still feel safe.

I guess it's been awhile I didn't really think NRH was affluent. Now Southlake and Colleyville, definitely.

I guess it's been awhile I didn't really think NRH was affluent. Now Southlake and Colleyville, definitely.

Well, I don't really think of NRH or Keller as being affluent either but I guess everyone has their own idea of affluent. To me those cities are a mixed bag with some affluent & some not so much so. I have friends living in both cities & believe me, I do NOT know affluent people & I'm not ashamed to admit it.

I have a scenario in mind of her meeting up with a boy (older, maybe) in his bedroom, who took things too far and got frightened that she would tell. He had to keep her quiet and didn't want to make a mess (sorry for how horrible that sounds). Suffocation. Perhaps he lives with his parents. If she went around the buildings to the sliding doors, he may have been waiting to let her in. Leaving the dog tells me that she went willingly, sneakily, planned. The possible lack of violence done to her tells me that he had to be careful and quiet, and may be a non-violent person (unless it turns out she was badly injured), things just went very wrong. Does that make sense? So he could be as young as 15, maybe? I don't know how to say everything I want to say without being graphic. There are just a few things that indicate to me that this may not have been a premeditated first degree situation. If they are truly having difficulty establishing COD, it could be because the killer was very inexperienced, not a serial type predator who typically thrives on violence. Not anger-driven, but more of a panic situation. Sorry if this isn't making sense ... it is in my mind, but I can't put it into words. I can't recall a case quite like this one, most are pretty straightforward.

Just a thought.

The thing is, if they are really relying on tox for cause of death, it still may not give them manner of death. We may never have a clear manner of death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase