Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had originally thought she may have climbed on something to try to get something out of the dumpster and fallen in, hitting her head. I just realized today that it would be almost impossible for tht to happen the day before the trash was picked up since the dumpster would be almost full. Even if she had lost her balance and fallen in, she'd be at or near the top and could have just climbed back out. It's also extremely unlikely that falling a foot or so and hitting your head would kill you. So much for my "innocent and somewhat painless" death. MOO

Most minds likes to fill in the gaps and I think the urge to come up with creative scenarios to try and fill in the gaps is also part of the lure. Probably why the game "Clue" is so popular (Miss Plumb in the pantry with the candlestick holder). Ultimately reality is usually not as creative as imagined and when someone ends up in a landfill it's not by accident. At least one person is culpable for KC ending up where she did--she didn't end up in a dumpster and then at the landfill by sheer happenstance.

The rest remains a mystery; we'll find out when it all comes out at some point...eventually. One thing I do know is that LE or the DA will not satisfy curiosity by a long stretch.

I had originally thought she may have climbed on something to try to get something out of the dumpster and fallen in, hitting her head. I just realized today that it would be almost impossible for tht to happen the day before the trash was picked up since the dumpster would be almost full. Even if she had lost her balance and fallen in, she'd be at or near the top and could have just climbed back out. It's also extremely unlikely that falling a foot or so and hitting your head would kill you. So much for my "innocent and somewhat painless" death. MOO

You make a good point. So now I am finding myself oh what you all so often refer to as the fence. Gah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Putting her in a dumpster is at the very least an Abuse of a corpse charge. But I personally don't buy the accidental death or overdose or prank or bullying scenario. Think this child crossed paths with some bad hombre.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I'm with you. It is, IMHO, the likeliest possibility. If we are correct, I hope whoever did this will be found and arrested very, very soon.

:cow:

After pages and pages of reading and by the way LE is behaving in this case, there is only one thing I feel certain of.

IMO Kaytlynn died BEFORE she went into the dumpster.

Why or how is still a mystery. I believe she was murdered, but am uncertain of whether this is manslaughter or first degree murder.

KC departs her apartment to go walk her dog. About 30 minutes later, her mother finds the dog tied to the fence.

Why did KC stop walking her dog? The key in finding out why the dog was abandoned by KC is in knowing why she stopped walking her dog.

If she simply asked someone to watch her dog and afterward that person needed to leave the area, then that could explain the dog being tied to the fence. But, why did KC need to stop walking her dog?

How do we know that it was a normal routine for her to walk her dog? Could it have been a one off thing which would trigger her parents to think she was with friends or something vs being kidnapped? Or mad at them so it was a reason to leave the house? We don't know that they didn't have an argument and she was trying to find a reason to leave. We don't know if she was planning to meet someone and that was her way outside...too many uncertainties in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

Hi everyone,

I talked to the verification mod today. I was told that they have very strict standards for verified insiders. I have been given the status of verified local.

I am reading the posts in this thread from the past two days to get caught up on the conversations. I'll contribute more soon.

I agree. Putting her in a dumpster is at the very least an Abuse of a corpse charge. But I personally don't buy the accidental death or overdose or prank or bullying scenario. Think this child crossed paths with some bad hombre.

Same here. Perhaps because we have seen so many awful things happen to children and youth. A disappearance of one of these never, or almost never, ends well.

What keeps me coming back to this, other than experience with so many child homicides we've seen, is that she told her friends to watch the dog, she would be right back. I don't see her planning a secret adventure and leaving the family dog just tired up and waiting, waiting. Maybe she just needed a quick trip to the restroom -- that would take a few minutes & she wasn't ready to go home to stay just yet. Maybe she had forgotten something she wanted right then or something she wanted to show someone, and planned to dash home & pick it up.

I think this one will end up like so many others we've seen and we end up being sad, helpless, frustrated and mad. Not accidental.

I'm trying to put into words why I agree with this so strongly. I think it's that if the police believed it was an accident or something, I think they would have more to say to the public. They wouldn't just clam up or choose every word so very carefully like they have been, they would be reassuring the community that the REASON they have nothing to fear is that her death was accidental. I realize the police always keep some information to themselves and they are not obligated to make as much information public as they can while maintaining the integrity of the investigation... But the kind of careful silence we are seeing makes people speculate and feel anxious (like we have been on WS) and it could easily be avoided if her death was an accident by them just saying so. They won't say anything more definitive because (a) they are trying to catch a killer and/or (b) whatever they are holding back would do nothing to reassure anyone because it's something awful. Maybe I am totally wrong here... That's just the feeling I'm getting from the situation.

Same here. Perhaps because we have seen so many awful things happen to children and youth. A disappearance of one of these never, or almost never, ends well.

What keeps me coming back to this, other than experience with so many child homicides we've seen, is that she told her friends to watch the dog, she would be right back. I don't see her planning a secret adventure and leaving the family dog just tired up and waiting, waiting. Maybe she just needed a quick trip to the restroom -- that would take a few minutes & she wasn't ready to go home to stay just yet. Maybe she had forgotten something she wanted right then or something she wanted to show someone, and planned to dash home & pick it up.

I think this one will end up like so many others we've seen and we end up being sad, helpless, frustrated and mad. Not accidental.

I just want to add... I agree that she wouldn't just leave her dog like that to go on a secret adventure, and I don't think she was going to the restroom since the dog park was inside the apartment complex she lived in. I saw earlier in the thread that her Facebook is full of posts about animals, and I was the same kind of animal lover at fourteen. By that age if you love dogs you know better than to leave a dog tied up outside in June in Texas, especially such a small dog--I think it's a mini Pin? I think she was being honest when she said it would just be a minute and asked the other kids to watch the dog (if that is what happened, we only have their word on that, right?) and maybe she was too naive and didn't realize they might just walk off and leave it there if she took too long.

It seems pretty clear this is a criminal investigation. To me that means KC did not die by accident or harm herself, nor through natural causes (like a heart attack). That means someone else is culpable in her death and the investigation is ongoing.

Until the M.E. finalizes and makes a determination, there won't be any confirmation of manner or cause of death or any public statement about that.

I don't think they know how she died. They are hoping tox will tell them. But of course they have to investigate as a crime now, or they would lose months. Jmo

I've lived in Bedford for 40 years and pass the apts on my journey home everyday. They are less than a quarter mile from my home, and my neighborhood has homes up to $400,000. I only mention that because of earlier comments regarding affluence. Bedford is like any other area, nice and low pockets. Today I noticed, within 2 blocks of Kaytlynn's apts, 2 open houses at homes for sale and more than 5 yard sales. I mention those only because it sat funny with me that we have this unsolved case in our neighborhood and life goes on with strangers coming into our homes and personal spaces. Kids are in line alone down at 2 neighborhood snowcone stands and running in and out of the 7-11 store. It's not being talked about even though her home and school are RIGHT HERE....is it just eerie to me because I read here?

We have an excellent PD, but I don't feel safer by the information they've provided and certainly wouldn't if my children were still young.

I've lived in Bedford for 40 years and pass the apts on my journey home everyday. They are less than a quarter mile from my home, and my neighborhood has homes up to $400,000. I only mention that because of earlier comments regarding affluence. Bedford is like any other area, nice and low pockets. Today I noticed, within 2 blocks of Kaytlynn's apts, 2 open houses at homes for sale and more than 5 yard sales. I mention those only because it sat funny with me that we have this unsolved case in our neighborhood and life goes on with strangers coming into our homes and personal spaces. Kids are in line alone down at 2 neighborhood snowcone stands and running in and out of the 7-11 store. It's not being talked about even though her home and school are RIGHT HERE....is it just eerie to me because I read here?

We have an excellent PD, but I don't feel safer by the information they've provided and certainly wouldn't if my children were still young.

JMO, I am only guessing that some people are just in denial. I've lived in the area since the early 1970s & "things like that" just don't happen here. If they're not in denial, they're still naive enough to think that bad things only happen to other people. JMO

Yes, the reference to affluence didn't especially sit well with me either. Unfortunately, we can't all have $1Million upwards to spend on a house. If we did, we would be living in Westover Hills or Southlake. However, I dare say the lowest price house in Bedford is NOT located in a slum. In all my years living here I have never yet seen a slum in Bedford. JMO

This case has really bothered me, and it looks like attention is dying down.

From what I can tell, she left her puppy tied to a fence in the dog park, asking a friend to watch out for it, but never came back, and the friend left.

The parents were looking for her within half an hour.

Such a fast time table. Yet no clues.

I

What information about the sudden and mysterious death of a 14 yr old teen who ended up in a landfill would enable you (or anyone) to feel safer? Hopefully young children are not left on their own to walk around without some supervision. Teenagers are vulnerable because they're in that in between age of not a young child, but not yet an adult, and they can be and often are spontaneous and impetuous. Teens are harder to control than younger children.

Police all over, at safety meetings and meetings with parent groups offer the same advice universally: use common sense, don't let your child wander around unsupervised, make sure you know exactly where your child is, make sure they can reach you and you them, teach them over and over and over not to go with anyone who isn't their parent or a relative, etc, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase