Found Deceased TX - King Jay Davila, 8 months, taken by a woman from the car, San Antonio, 4 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

SAN ANTONIO — UPDATE: Crime scene investigators are at Christopher Davila's house, father of missing 8-month-old King Jay Davila.

Police are asking for your help to locate Savannah Ozuna.

The San Antonio Police Department says it believes Ozuna may have information related to the disappearance of missing eight-month-old King Jay Davila.

Police searching for possible witness in missing baby King Jay Davila case
Police say SO, a relative of CD, allegedly lives in house with him. Neighbors not willing to speak on camera told reporters that they had not seen baby KJ at the house for sometime.

Do we know where paternal grandmother resides if not this same house? Earlier reports by LE were that baby KJ was last being cared for by paternal grandmother, and CD allegedly picked him up when he went to mini-mart. I suspect this is not accurate since LE now believe that baby KJ was never in the car seat and/or car.

Hmm.. anxious to know when grandmother will be interviewed.

SAPD: Investigators execute search warrant at home linked to father of missing baby

“A detective with the San Antonio Police Department confirmed to KSAT they have executed a search warrant at the last known address of missing King Jay's father, Christopher Davila.

According to jail records, Davila was last known to be living at a home in the 5800 block of Castlebrook Drive on the city's Northeast Side.”

Am I understanding correctly that the baby’s father lives at this house as well as Savannah Ozuna?
Yes. News 4 reporter broadcast that per LE, SO is CD's cousin, and that she was believed to reside in the same house with him.

They used cadaver dogs to search Chris Davilas yard. Guess we know what police suspect. Some part of me still wants to hope he is okay somewhere.

Cadaver dogs search home of missing baby's father

It’s not inconceivable he’s on that property (what was the case with the child deceased inside the sofa and LE was actually sitting on that very couch interviewing them? Then there’s the “encased in concrete in the wall”, the list goes on and on but it is important to note FTR that this type of search would be standard procedure considering the suspicion of foul play, etc, a location that must be ruled out, meaning he might be there but he also might not be.

Yes. News 4 reporter broadcast that per LE, SO is CD's cousin, and that she was believed to reside in the same house with him.

So, as @SugarQueen said, looks like we need a list of who’s who.

1. KJ: Baby King, Missing baby.

2. CD: King’s “father”

3. JG: King’s mother and CD’s fiancé

(Source:
“The mother of a missing San Antonio baby says a search team of relatives and friends found a baby bottle near Rodriguez Park Sunday morning, prompting a large police presence at the West Side park.

"I honestly believe it's my baby's bottle," said Jasmine Gonzales.“
Family of missing S.A. baby slam SAPD as authorities search a West Side park

“Davila spoke with KSAT while on the phone with his fiancé, Jasmine Gonzales.

“Since day one the police have been doing the same thing and they are not getting anywhere. Their focus is somewhere else. They just need to focus on where the car was located,” Davila said.

In a press conference Saturday afternoon, San Antonio police said Davila was uncooperative in the investigation and that his family members were as well.

“Everybody is being cooperative,” said Jasmine Gonzales, Davila’s fiancé and King Jay's mother. “They are the ones trying to push the issue, trying to get somebody to accuse somebody, to get that blame for that. Instead of trying to get someone into prison, they need to worry about finding my son. That is what they need to do.”“

Father of kidnapped 8-month-old speaks from jail, disputes police accusations )

4. AT: CD’s cousin and woman seeing driving the car away from the gas station), aka “”

(Source:
“A woman was seen on surveillance footage jumping into Davila's car and driving off, possibly with King Jay in the back seat. The woman was identified Tuesday as 47-year-old Angie Torres, who is Christopher Davila's cousin and was taken into custody on an unrelated charge, McManus said.”

SAPD locates 'potential witness' in case of missing baby King Jay after executing search warrant )

5. SO: CD’s cousin, also possibly lives at the same house at CD:

Post by @Seattle1:
“Police say SO, a relative of CD, allegedly lives in house with him. Neighbors not willing to speak on camera told reporters that they had not seen baby KJ at the house for sometime. “

“San Antonio police have located Savannah Ozuna who they said is a potential witness to the disappearance of 8-month-old King Jay Davila.

Officials said Ozuna may have information about King Jay, who was reported missing Friday night.“

SAPD locates 'potential witness' in case of missing baby King Jay after executing search warrant

6. Grandparents (msm??)

Who else am I missing?

Last edited:
My understanding is paternal grandma lives on the west side of town closer to the park and gas station. CD lives on the north east side, and works in Schertz. I read in one article that a lot of the family lives on the west side. The police chief had said that JG and CD were estranged but from the interviews with JG she says they talk 24/7. I am also curious to see when or if they might interview (media) paternal grandma. I am sure police have talked with her. I also wonder where and with who KJ normally stays. It would not shock me to find he doesn't spend much time at the house searched today on the east side.

Missing children expert had early doubts about King Jay Davila case

A local expert on missing children is sharing her perspective on the recent revelations from police concerning the search for 8-month-old King Jay Davila.

"I'm so sad," says Dottie Laster. "It hurts. I mean, there's no other way to put it. It hurts physically."

[...]

Laster says alarm bells went off for her almost immediately when she saw that gas station surveillance footage, which showed a woman in a hoodie – later identified by police as the cousin of the baby’s father – supposedly taking off in a car with King Jay.

"The way it happened so quickly like that, I thought there's something not right," Laster says. "What was said and what that image was wasn't ringing true."

[...]

Laster says "foul play" could mean a wide range of things.

"Perhaps he is injured," she says. "Perhaps he's deceased. Perhaps some accident happened. Perhaps somebody lost their temper. Maybe he was traded for something of value. You have to leave it all on the table until you get the answers."

Her message to the people who have those answers is clear.

"Be an adult and answer for what happened," she says. "Explain where the child is. There's no excuse not to."

Missing children expert had early doubts about King Jay Davila case

A local expert on missing children is sharing her perspective on the recent revelations from police concerning the search for 8-month-old King Jay Davila.

"I'm so sad," says Dottie Laster. "It hurts. I mean, there's no other way to put it. It hurts physically."

[...]

Laster says alarm bells went off for her almost immediately when she saw that gas station surveillance footage, which showed a woman in a hoodie – later identified by police as the cousin of the baby’s father – supposedly taking off in a car with King Jay.

"The way it happened so quickly like that, I thought there's something not right," Laster says. "What was said and what that image was wasn't ringing true."

[...]

Laster says "foul play" could mean a wide range of things.

"Perhaps he is injured," she says. "Perhaps he's deceased. Perhaps some accident happened. Perhaps somebody lost their temper. Maybe he was traded for something of value. You have to leave it all on the table until you get the answers."

Her message to the people who have those answers is clear.

"Be an adult and answer for what happened," she says. "Explain where the child is. There's no excuse not to."

This pretty much summarizes what everyone has said here as well.

Some tweets for a recap:

San Antonio PD‏ @SATXPolice

We need your help locating a possible witness, Savannah Ozuna (pictured). Detectives believe Savannah may have information related to the case of King Jay Davila. Anyone with any information on the whereabouts of this possible witness is urged to call 911 or 210-207-7273.

DwbL-y9V4AARi-_.jpg

San Antonio PD on Twitter

Ariana Lubelli‏Verified account @ArianaLubelliTV

BREAKING: Several police units and detectives outside of 8-month-old King Jay Davila‘s father’s home. We have seen detectives coming in and out the father’s home and a house across the street. They are taking pictures of the property. We have also seen police go into the backyard

DwbQSY9U8AE-2pq.jpg

DwbQSZRU0AE8ugA.jpg

DwbQSZRVsAA9fUy.jpg

Ariana Lubelli on Twitter

Delaine Mathieu‏Verified account @delainemathieu

Things are moving quickly in the #KingJayDavila case. Tune in next on @News4SA at 6 for the latest.

Delaine Mathieu on Twitter

BBM

Recap continued:

Ariana Lubelli‏Verified account @ArianaLubelliTV

Police on scene confirm they are executing a search warrant related to missing 8-month-old King Jay Davila. @News4SA
@KABBFOX29

DwbbOj0UYAAHi1D.jpg

Ariana Lubelli on Twitter

Roxie Bustamante‏ @RoxieBTV

Police appear to be investigating a home associated with the family of missing 8 month old King Jay Davila. I’m on standby waiting for police to give us details.

DwbbVaxUwAAxNLH.jpg

Roxie Bustamante on Twitter

KSAT 12‏Verified account @ksatnews

JUST IN: A detective with the San Antonio Police Department confirmed to KSAT they have executed a search warrant at a home linked to missing King Jay's father, Christopher Davila.

KSAT 12 on Twitter

UPDATE: I’m still standing by outside a home on the 5800 block of Castlebook on the city’s northeast side where police are investigating. The home is associated with family members of 8-month-old King Jay Davila. We’re live on FB now #kens5eyewitness

Dwbt6Q1VYAAd_64.jpg

Luke Simons‏Verified account @LukeKENS5

Luke Simons Retweeted Luke Simons

UPDATE!!! SAPD located the potential witness in King Jay Davila case.

Luke Simons on Twitter

Delaine Mathieu‏Verified account @delainemathieu

UPDATE: potential witness in King Jay Davila case has been found. @News4SA

Dwbz9rYU0AAuBB3.jpg

Delaine Mathieu on Twitter

Irene Cruz‏ @IreneCruzTV

COMING UP TONIGHT AT 10: The search continues for missing eight-month-old King Jay Davila. We have team coverage. @News4SA

Irene Cruz on Twitter

(Video at link)

CONT.: Investigators on scene confirm police executed a search warrant at the family home on 5800 block of Castle Brook Drive. They have cleared the scene but gathered several bags of evidence from the home. The search for 8-month-old King Jay Davila continues. #kens5eyewitness

DwcS_C4U8AAlO15.jpg

Robert Price‏Verified account @RobertPriceTV

"I'm really angry that someone would perpetrate a hoax. Be an adult and answer for what happened." The former director of the Heidi Search Center weighs in on the search for King Jay Davila.

Robert Price on Twitter

(Video at link)

San Antonio police are doing everything possible to find 8-month-old King Jay Davila. Cadaver dogs have been used to search a West Side property belonging to Christopher Davila, the father of King Jay.

KSAT 12 on Twitter

BBM

Let’s look at the stupidity of the staging that took place here.

Father parks at the gas pumps, instead of using the parking spaces in front of the convenience store.

Some woman happens to be walking towards the gas station, and decides to steal a vehicle.

Just a bee line too, a walk with a purpose.

She then drives away, dumping the car, and taking this baby that she has found, with her.

Because who doesn’t keep a baby that they have accidentally kidnapped in the commission of a vehicle theft?

And who doesn’t steal a car, drive straight to a local park, and leave it there?

Maybe in “Grand Theft Auto,” but not in real life. That’s just asinine.

And he thought people would buy this nonsense?!

At sentencing time, and there will be a sentencing time, the judge should tack on 10 years for “stupidity.”

Last edited:
Let’s look at the stupidity of the staging that took place here.

Father parks at the gas pumps, instead of using the parking spaces in front of the convenience store.

Some woman happens to be walking towards the gas station, and decides to steal a vehicle.

Just a bee line too, a walk with a purpose.

She then drives away, dumping the car, and taking this baby that she has found, with her.

Because who doesn’t keep a baby that they have accidentally kidnapped in the commission of a vehicle theft?

And who doesn’t steal a car, drive straight to a local park, and leave it there?

Maybe in “Grand Theft Auto,” but not in real life. That’s just asinine.

And he thought people would buy this nonsense?!

At sentencing time, and there will be a sentencing time, the judge should tack on 10 years for “stupidity.”
Oh, and be sure to take the keys with you when you dump the car, you know, so no one else will steal it.

What about adoption on the black market?
Thanks! I sure hope it's black market adoption. I think that's a possibility here, but it wouldn't be a long-term revenue stream. I mean, a family/person could only lose one child before people would suspect something. I was trying to think of why everyone in this case is defending the likely perpetrator. Plus, the unusual number of ladies hanging around this man.... And trafficking keeps coming to mind. If you really look into it, it's not exactly as portrayed in early reports of trafficking. The (usually) women who are used in this way are trained to see and love the ringmaster and the other women involved as their "true family," and when caught usually staunchly defend that "family." The women involved are trained to think they are part of something special. The only thing that bothers me about this scenario is that upstream someone mentioned Mr. Davila being sued for child support at some point. Perhaps someone no longer in the "family?"

Ooooh ooooh, had a thought. What if that's what this is all about? Child support. :-( There could be any number of people who would not want part of this man's money going to support Baby King.

Did one or both call 911? I know Mum did, or so she says. That will make for interesting hearing. If she is involved in anyway her language used in that call may yield vital information about what happened and where the baby is.

San Antonio police have caught up with a woman who they believe may have information regarding the King Jay Davila missing baby case. Here's what we know about her.

Who is the potential witness in the King Jay case? Here's what we know

KSAT 12 on Twitter

From link:

view

They announced late Tuesday night that they had taken Savannah Ozuna, 24, into custody.

Ozuna has not been named as a suspect in this case.

However, KSAT 12 has learned she does have a criminal record of her own.

In 2011, she received deferred adjudication after a theft arrest.

She was placed on six months’ probation and ordered to pay a $250 fine, records show.

Last October, she was arrested again on a charge of possession of marijuana. Court records show she still is awaiting indictment in that case.

On those same records, Ozuna’s listed address is for the same Northeast Side home that is listed on Christopher Davila’s criminal records.

Her relationship to Davila is unclear.

They also said they will not be releasing any additional information about her.

Who is the potential witness in the King Jay case? Here's what we know

BBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members