TX TX - Krislyn Gibson, 35, & Sidney Taylor, 35, Austin, 2 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The case is ridiculously quiet. I am assuming (hoping) LE are busy in the investigation, awaiting results from fingerprint analysis on Sidney's car, researching area:thinking: cameras, gas stations, phone records and credit card transactions....Cannot WAIT for additional information! :thinking:

I'm new to Websleuths, but did come across this story randomly on social media and was intrigued. Thank you all because this is exactly the type of discussion I was looking for. I have a few questions for anyone that may have answers. First, have they released the name of the nightclub they went to after they left the Urban Music Festival? Secondly, have they given the name of the friend or location of his/her house they were staying in? Further, did they ever give the specific location of where the car was abandoned besides "midtown Houston?" I know there are a myriad or reasons the police wouldn't release this info, particularly if they feel doing so would impede their investigation. However, the downside to withholding this info is that it makes it more difficult for the public to assist in solving this case. Finally, has there been any mention of this possibly being a hate crime? Kidnapping seems unlikely unless they have some financial resources that haven't been mentioned for ransom. I Pray they are found safe, and those responsible are brought to justice if foul play is involved.

Welcome MAC _007. Great first post! :)

:welcome:

So, two people are missing. Vanished. Car was found in a different city. Media covered it for a couple of days. MP group shared poster for a couple of days. Searches suspended. Family held vigil. And now, nothing. Their poster has not been shared in days. Nothing in the media. Nothing from LE.

Puzzled..

I think they've been found and it's an awkward situation so no one is speaking out.
I can't think of any other reason NO ONE would be concerned or looking.

good point....could be. Definitely a possibility. I sure would like to know what happened if there's been a resolution.....I get so tied up in these missing persons situations but I can see how it might be best not to share.

So, two people are missing. Vanished. Car was found in a different city. Media covered it for a couple of days. MP group shared poster for a couple of days. Searches suspended. Family held vigil. And now, nothing. Their poster has not been shared in days. Nothing in the media. Nothing from LE.

Puzzled..

And the Houston Police Homicide Division has been investigating...

Ping and searches near Bear Creek Park, Houston. TES searched there...

Car found in midtown Houston.

Last seen at a night club on surveillance in Austin.

Supposedly never made it back to friend's house...

(Thinking out loud...)

And the Houston Police Homicide Division has been investigating...

Ping and searches near Bear Creek Park, Houston. TES searched there...

Car found in midtown Houston.

Last seen at a night club on surveillance in Austin.

Supposedly never made it back to friend's house...

(Thinking out loud...)

Yeah. Thanks, Mags! It's a running list. WTH??

Heck, I'm lost. My first thought was a carjacking but I just don't know. I worry about gang activity but I just have absolutely no idea. Where could they possibly be?

Hey Blondie. Carjacking was foremost in my mind as well but two things don't add up. Would you take a chance carjacking a car with two people inside as opposed to waiting for an "easier" opportunity of a vehicle with just one person, maybe a more vulnerable target, say a woman alone etc.? And why would the car be back in Houston? I mean if Krislyn and Sidney left the club and drove back to Houston for some reason and THEN were carjacked? But why not tell someone they were going home, and or why leave all their stuff behind? And if it was a carjacking why dump the cell phone separately? Ugh. Everything I type just makes me think of more questions. I give up.

IMO the search at Bear Creek Park was discontinued as it was a 'Find My Phone' type of app lead, and not phone ping. Unless the app continues to operate during the search to lead searchers to the phone, then it would be treated as being subjective by LE, I would expect.

I remember in WS Baden-Clay case, where this app result was found to be an anomaly by LE techie.

This case certainly has become bizarre.

So, here are my questions on this weird case!

--- Where is her car? Did she drive somewhere, meet him, then they rode together? Or did she leave her car home?

---- I wonder if it was common knowledge that they were going out of town together or was this something their loved ones found out after they went missing?

---- Are their families posting missing person posters on their pages? Is there a missing Facebook page made for them?

I have more. I will leave it at that, for now.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back