Found Deceased TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Toxiology should look for this, reports may not be for several weeks.

I just saw this comment over at the Daily Mail and thought I would post it.

They really need to see if she was on Lariam for malaria protection while she traveled, that medication is known to cause suicidal thoughts and actions

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rip-world-DEAD-Texas-woods.html#ixzz2tK1uRcSX

(edited because I quoted the wrong post...)

Holy moley I didn't even think of that! When I was traveling in africa I was on Lariam, and my travel doctor was REALLY thorough in schooling me on what to look for as far as the really dangerous side effects - nightmares, depression, seizures, etc. She said that it was known to exacerbate existing psychiatric issues. I had none (that I knew of) and so I chose it because it was the most effective for the places I was going, and it was a once a week dose (rather than every day) so way more convenient.

You keep taking it for 4 weeks after you get back.

In fact my doctor sent me home with scripts for both the lariam and the malarone (daily dose) and told me to immediately stop taking the lariam and switch to the malarone if I started to get anxious or depressed, or if I had severe nightmares.

how so very sad :(

I think it is fair to say that nobody knows what is truly going on in another's mind. even those we are close to. this goes for anyone who may have committed suicide and one who may have killed another...and people are left shocked.

at my worst moments in life, there is hardly anyone who would have known they were horrible moments because im really good at putting up a façade so that nobody will bother me. im a private person and I am certainly not a "misery loves company" kind of person.

wow, I would not have expected suicude - I was hoping she ran off.

bbm, Sorry I missed the part about her suffering from depression and that she was suicidal. I'll have to read back. jmo idk

What? Her bio family said exactly the opposite, IMO, when they were interviewed earlier this week. I also missed anything about her being suicidal or depressed.

Are we giving too much credence towards unconfirmed rumors now? I hope not.
The suicide COD has not been confirmed.

Praying for Leanne and her families and friends.

Eternal Rest Grant Unto Leanne Hecht Bearden O Lord and let perpetual light shine upon her.

I have a friend whom several years back while having a family gathering walked into his garage, grabbed a pistol held it to his head and pulled the trigger, luckily the gun jammed. He was not sad, depressed he just felt he was done and wanted it over, he was 34 at the time. He did seek help as he didn't know why he had the urge and didn't want it to happen again.

I talked to him regarding this case he says normally it's unplanned and people just snap or more like a light goes off inside and it's done without much thought.

RIP Leanna Bearden.

Glad your friend was not successful. Sounds like an impulse suicide (attempt) - I have to wonder if this was the case with Leanne. Of course, we will never really know.

Seems there are so many with depression and/or suicide attempts among family or friends. Wow. And yet still the stigma lingers.

Again Jim Forsyth with his bad writing...

This is not a complete sentence. AUGH...

Family members had said during the month long search that the thought of having to return to her daily life after an exciting 22 month trip around the world.

This is the statistics I was talking about earlier. From Suicide by hanging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The following quotes are from under the section marked Prevalence: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_by_hanging#Prevalence

A 2008 review of 56 countries based on World Health Organization mortality data found that hanging was the most common method in most of the countries,[6] accounting for 53 percent of the male suicides and 39 percent of the female suicides.[7]

It is the second most common method among women, behind poisoning.

[I]The proportion of hangings as suicides in 2005 among women aged 15–34 was 47.2 percent, having risen from 5.7 percent in 1968.[8] In the United States it is the second most common method, behind firearms,[9][/I]

Certainly a lot higher than I thought. It seems to be used by younger women more than older ones.

Suicides are not reported in the media, so unless you know somebody, work in the medical or emergency services, or something like this happens, you just don't become familiar with what happens. While I was looking around online I looked at some of the suicide websites too, and some of the posts by people there were heartbreaking. The thing that struck me the most was that it was not that these people had terrible lives, or that something wasn't working for them, they simply didn't WANT to live, and they seemed to have felt that way for a long time. I came across one post where someone wanted to simply 'go missing' .. this is part of it ..

I just want to end it and cause minimal harm to my family. I dont want them to find my body because this is just traumatic, hell it would be great if they didn't even know I was dead and just went missing.

Very sad. I agree with the posters who say you never know what is going on with someone. I am glad Leanne got to see the world before she left it however. RIP Leanne.

What? Her bio family said exactly the opposite, IMO, when they were interviewed earlier this week. I also missed anything about her being suicidal or depressed.

we have to wait to find out what happened. A lot of times NO ONE knows when someone is suicidal if that is in fact what happened.

There has been much reported on her mental state dating to two weeks before she arrived home (see timeline thread)

ITA. My Japanese relative -as in growing up & living in Japan, thus making her cultural background indeed Japanese- was found hanging from her shower curtain rod in her apartment. She was 22, getting ready to graduate from one of the most prestigious universities in the country (University of Tokyo) but had gotten a letter of rejection from a graduate program a few days before.

Attractive, successful & happy by all accounts. I think sometimes it is people like that who are the most vulnerable. It's like one thing goes wrong, & it seems as though everything is out of control.

bbm This is my experience in knowing someone who has dealt with depression. There seems to be an acute loss of perspective. When the storm passes, perspective returns, and they say, "okay, that was easier than I thought." But during the episode, everything is so overwhelming and no one seems to be able to make things okay. If that makes sense. I'm still so heartbroken today. God love ya, Leanne.

we have to wait to find out what happened. A lot of times NO ONE knows when someone is suicidal if that is in fact what happened.

There has been much reported on her mental state dating to two weeks before she arrived home (see timeline thread)

Would you mind pointing me to the timeline thread? I searched and cannot find it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/leanne-bearden-missing-month-found-dead-texas-family-article-1.1614181

This article states that LB was wearing the same backpack she allegedly left with as she was when her remains were located. She was still wearing the backpack.
Wouldn't she take the backpack off ?

But then again, she was apparently very petite. She may have worried that her own body weight would not have been enough, if she did indeed hang herself.

She was found within two blocks of her inlaws home. Authorities did not search that area because family members had already done so. LE typically looks towards the family first in cases like this. I am STUNNED that LE would accept the family had searched that specific area without following up with their own
search.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/leanne-bearden-missing-month-found-dead-texas-family-article-1.1614181

This article states that LB was wearing the same backpack she allegedly left with as she was when her remains were located. She was still wearing the backpack.
Wouldn't she take the backpack off ?

But then again, she was apparently very petite. She may have worried that her own body weight would not have been enough, if she did indeed hang herself.

She was found within two blocks of her inlaws home. Authorities did not search that area because family members had already done so. LE typically looks towards the family first in cases like this. I am STUNNED that LE would accept the family had searched that specific area without following up with their own
search.

I would think if she had something in that bag to assist her, She would take the pack off put it down and then ......

I would not think she would be wearing the back pack.. IMO.

Ill take the suicide stats from suicide.org not wik.

I don't believe those stats are true..

http://www.suicide.org/suicide-statistics.html

I believe it is more like 20% of womens suicides are hangings.. Not nearly 50.

JMO
These are 10 years old and only reflect the US. The previous link was newer, included the remark that their was a rise in this manner of suicide and was based on suicides worldwide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back