Found Safe TX - Lili Griffith, 14, & Lulu Bandera-Magret, 7, Round Rock, 30 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he tossed Lulu's phone because it was the one he used to communicate with his mother before he fled. He THANKFULLY didn't consider the fact LE would be tracking Lili's phone. In the end, it seems his own arrogance/ignorance was his undoing.

(Edited my reply for typo.)

It's getting confusing, eh? I've been totally confused as to which phone was which. Not even sure if this is correct now.
Around the same time, Miles' mother received a text from Miles using Lili's cell phone saying, "Mom I left with the kids and came home to something bad I think Tonyas boyfriend. I cant talk now tonya was involved in some bad stuff I will talk to you later when im safe these guys are crazy Mexicans."

Investigators were able to track Lili's cell phone to a cellular tower in Lubbock, Texas on December 30, 2017, at 5:43 a.m. (CST). That same day, close to 10 a.m. (MST), that same phone was pinged between cellular towers in Clayton, N.M. and Grenville, N.M.

Lulu's cell phone was found in a wooded area near a Walmart in Round Rock on December 31.
http://www.krdo.com/news/top-storie...p-to-terry-miles-arrest-in-colorado/681582775

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/us...girls-were-held-in-remote-colorado-campground

More conflicting details.

The phone that was tossed by TAM was found in Trinidad, CO and not Round Rock.
The found the campsite that they stayed at. They are examining the area now.
So it WAS a campsite. What horrible déjà vu. Yes, I think special attention needs to be worked into the Albert Alert protocol regarding state parks, if it hasn't already been addressed. Hiding out in our national recreation areas should be a dangerous risk for criminals, not an ideal option.

Those state park employees could be a front-line defense. They're in the perfect position to monitor visitors and alert authorities, especially if they're specifically informed. In our age of technology, there's no reason anyone in a state park position should NOT be specifically briefed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Griffith is friends with Miles' mother in Sulphur, LA!?

I believe Griffith is correct. Miles moved on Tonya to get to the child.

Tonya objected and Tonya is dead.

I just want to say because it won't leave my brain.... Louisiana is really bad at a lot of things. But criminals getting away with horrific crimes because victims or witnesses are too scared (or end up dead or a family member is killed to terrorize them) is one of the worst. It is horrible. And New Orleans is the worst. Anyone who watched Killing Fields on A&E saw Rodie battle with the same thing with the murderer Tommy Francise. And I wish it was rare. But it's not. It's common. And something has to be done to protect the victims or move forward without needing their testimony. This dude knew that if his victim was dead, he would get away with murder. Well, we need to stop that. If the victim dies, it's not an automatic free pass. It's awful. And so many people pay the price. In this case, one paid the ultimate price and 2 little innocents will never be the same. They will pay forever. And this dude should have never been able to walk the streets to meet these kids.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So it WAS a campsite. What horrible déjà vu. Yes, I think special attention needs to be worked into the Albert Alert protocol regarding state parks, if it hasn't already been addressed. Hiding out in our national recreation areas should be a dangerous risk for criminals, not an ideal option.

Those state park employees could be a front-line defense. They're in the perfect position to monitor visitors and alert authorities, especially if they're specifically informed. In our age of technology, there's no reason anyone in a state park position should NOT be specifically briefed.

And how many people go camping in CO in winter, without a motor home or a trailer or even a tent? It was lucky that those children did not die of hypothermia.

And how many people go camping in CO in winter, without a motor home or a trailer or even a tent? It was lucky that those children did not die of hypothermia.

TM did buy a tent and 2 sleeping bags at Walmart.

Catching up, so apologies if this is ignorant......but yes, when caught last night he was headed into "no man's land". (No disrespect, I also lived in CO at one time.....and this is a very sparsely populated part of the state). You either belong there, or are on vacation....otherwise you rather clearly do not belong there under either of the previous tenets. No one is "accidentally" there.

Versus Albert did you mean Amber Alert (not being a **** - I really did google it). When I lived there, and maybe I was "lucky", but there were many times the entrance to many state/national parks weren't even attended to in broad daylight. Was I just lucky, or do I somehow happen to know the back door to all the cool kids clubs?

Ultimately, I fear the same deja vu and believe this capture was perhaps quite literally just in time. He clearly started out with the "camping" story, and headed into a park where no one would be......particularly in January. If there was a "site" they are searching......well, ugh.....

Catching up, so apologies if this is ignorant......but yes, when caught last night he was headed into "no man's land". (No disrespect, I also lived in CO at one time.....and this is a very sparsely populated part of the state). You either belong there, or are on vacation....otherwise you rather clearly do not belong there under either of the previous tenets. No one is "accidentally" there.

Versus Albert did you mean Amber Alert (not being a **** - I really did google it). When I lived there, and maybe I was "lucky", but there were many times the entrance to many state/national parks weren't even attended to in broad daylight. Was I just lucky, or do I somehow happen to know the back door to all the cool kids clubs?

Ultimately, I fear the same deja vu and believe this capture was perhaps quite literally just in time. He clearly started out with the "camping" story, and headed into a park where no one would be......particularly in January. If there was a "site" they are searching......well, ugh.....

Thank goodness he was caught and the children are safe. Just in the nick of time!
He apparently kept in touch with his mother. Eventually he would have contacted her again I think.

HA!! "Albert?!" Good catch, thank you. May there never be another reason to create a new alert, "Albert" or otherwise -- that was definitely a mistake, likely autocorrect.

Being a resident in the South, my geo-bias got the best of me. The Colorado camping "off-season" didn't even cross my mind. That said, TM was sorely, sorely ill-prepared for his grand camping ideas. As a poster mentioned...the could've proven detrimental to those girls. Fortunately, it played into his capture.

In any case, state park bulletins should definitely be an official priority.

We still don't know how long TM was living there. I wonder if it's possible that he did not know about the living situation.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Maybe not, but for god's sake...wasnt he in touch with his teen daughter at all?

If Miles was their 'live in babysitter' --uugghhh---as it appears he was----- why wouldn't the father know about that?

Did he know that TB was in New York city and the girls were home with this 'babysitter'?

He really should have known something was up, since Lili was apparently being home schooled, and it must have been by this creepy stalker. Which is horrifying.

I am sorry, but the father has a lot of questions to be answered, in my opinion.

I believe that was Lili’s phone. Lulu’s was the phone tossed in Tx. There have been a couple of articles stating LuLu’s was used to text Miles’ mom and then discarded in Tx (near the Walmart). Lili’s phone was used to text TB and found in CO, which is how they new they were there.

“Investigators were able to track Lili's cell phone to a cellular tower in Lubbock, Texas on December 30, 2017, at 5:43 a.m. (CST). That same day, close to 10 a.m. (MST), that same phone was pinged between cellular towers in Clayton, N.M. and Grenville, N.M.

Lulu's cell phone was found in a wooded area near a Walmart in Round Rock on December 31. Surveillance footage from the store showed Miles entering the Walmart at 12:15 a.m. on December 30”

I think Lili’s found was found in a store in CO. It is odd that he would discard one and not the other though, so maybe a couple of articles have info mixed up.
So they were in the panhandle (said the officer on HLN).

I just want to say because it won't leave my brain.... Louisiana is really bad at a lot of things. But criminals getting away with horrific crimes because victims or witnesses are too scared (or end up dead or a family member is killed to terrorize them) is one of the worst. It is horrible. And New Orleans is the worst. Anyone who watched Killing Fields on A&E saw Rodie battle with the same thing with the murderer Tommy Francise. And I wish it was rare. But it's not. It's common. And something has to be done to protect the victims or move forward without needing their testimony. This dude knew that if his victim was dead, he would get away with murder. Well, we need to stop that. If the victim dies, it's not an automatic free pass. It's awful. And so many people pay the price. In this case, one paid the ultimate price and 2 little innocents will never be the same. They will pay forever. And this dude should have never been able to walk the streets to meet these kids.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ITA but didn't want to say 'because... Louisiana.' Complacency and corruption make for bad bedfellows. I think Katrina gave me a lot of insight into that phenomena in LA. I don't know how you change it or fix it except for teaching your children different rules from the lassez faire attitude/ culture.

I'm more inclined to think he was in a relationship with Miles' mother! No father would be OK with a their young female child going to stay at a convicts home with no other adult. Why it was allowed, I don't know. And I don't think a man could influence a girl in just a few hours or a day to come to his trailer and stay the night. Nope. This entire situation is screwed up, and 2 girls are in the mix of this craziness. I hope something good happens from this!
I don't know if it's allowed, but if not, the mods can remove it. The family friend of Miles who messaged me told me he has a step father, so I don't think that Lili's father is in a relationship with Miles' mother.

Maybe not, but for god's sake...wasnt he in touch with his teen daughter at all?

If Miles was their 'live in babysitter' --uugghhh---as it appears he was----- why wouldn't the father know about that?

Did he know that TB was in New York city and the girls were home with this 'babysitter'?

He really should have known something was up, since Lili was apparently being home schooled, and it must have been by this creepy stalker. Which is horrifying.

I am sorry, but the father has a lot of questions to be answered, in my opinion.
I have a lot of questions, too. I'm just remembering being 14, parents separated, and what our conversations were like. I didn't have a lot to talk about with my dad, not because I didn't love him, but because I was 14. I mean, conversations between father and daughter can be really shallow is what I'm saying, especially at that age. If Lili didn't want him to know about something, she probably just didn't mention it.

Something just occurred to me. Looking up the address in one of the articles, it appears that this is a duplex. I think other info confirmed it was a duplex. So was TM renting a room in the same duplex where Tonya and the girls were staying? Do we know how many bedrooms this duplex had? Figuring that out might help shed more light on their relationship. Looking at pictures posted in news articles it doesn’t look that large.

Something just occurred to me. Looking up the address in one of the articles, it appears that this is a duplex. I think other info confirmed it was a duplex. So was TM renting a room in the same duplex where Tonya and the girls were staying? Do we know how many bedrooms this duplex had? Figuring that out might help shed more light on their relationship. Looking at pictures posted in news articles it doesn’t look that large.

It looks like a two bedroom at best.

This story just keeps getting crazier and crazier. Father allows 14 year old to spend the night in a 44 year olds home, is friends with the mother. WOW.

It looks like a two bedroom at best.

That was my thought. So if TB had one and the girls had one, where did he sleep? Or did TB and the girls all share a room and TM have the other? The last option would be the adults in a room together and the kids in a room together. Either way, it seems like cramped quarters to then rent out one of the rooms. I could see it for a family of 4 but if he was truly just renting a room, it seems odd to me.

I was elated to wake up and see [h=1]Texas Amber Alert girls found safe in Colorado; suspected kidnapper caught[/h]

From the above link:

Father of missing Round Rock girl found safe claims suspect was 'stalking' her
http://www.khou.com/news/local/texa...afe-claims-suspect-was-stalking-her/505082822

"Miles is now under arrest, and Griffith recalled when the man first met his daughter.

"He was not mentally right," Griffith said. "Something was not quite right, but I had no idea he had so much wrong."

Griffith said soon after they met, things worsened. He said Miles started pursuing his 14-year-old daughter in ways that crossed the line.

"I had to run him off," he said. "As soon as he met her, he couldn't leave her alone ... I realized he was acting just like a pedophile for my daughter so I ran him off."

Griffith was later shocked to learn that Miles had followed his daughter to Round Rock, where she was living with her mother.

"I just could not believe he was down there and I knew exactly why he was there," said Griffith.*"He was stalking [my daughter]."

Griffith said he tried to warn his daughter but that she was argumentative in return.

"She said I was treating Terry like (expletive), and that she really liked Terry and wasn't going to let me tell her who her friends were," Griffith said."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member