TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The FBI has lent the services of its Child Abduction Rapid Deployment Team in the search for Lina, which McManus said would continue Thursday and broaden beyond areas where authorities have already looked. A spokesperson with the FBI's San Antonio office also said there are digital billboards being utilized across central Texas to assist."

The search for Lina Khil: What we know | kvue.com

Sad reading that her scent was picked up but lost. :(
I wonder where the scent was lost?

I wonder too????

It doesn't surprise me about the cameras. I doubt if residents at the apartment have them. Law enforcement would need to rely on commercial cameras at a places such as: Sonic, a nursing home, USAA, ATM machines, several restaurants, automotive repair shops etc. I doubt that a child abductor would take a child into those establishments or hang around their parking lots with an abducted child in his car

MySA[URL='https://twitter.com/mySA']@mySA[/URL]
·Riaz Sardar Khil, Lina’s father, said his wife was watching Lina on the playground. Lina was later seen heading to a nearby path before disappearing. San Antonio Police @Chief_McManus said the wife left the playground for a short time only to return to find her missing.

Just catching up, is the bbm new information? I hadn't seen that earlier today.

McManus says they are still treating the case as a missing persons case and not an abduction. However, McManus adds that he did request FBI's child abduction unit. K9's did pick up a scent when the search began Monday night but lost it and haven't been able to pick it up since then.
San Antonio police search for answers to Lina Khil disappearance in video footage

Any more details on where they lost the scent?

MySA@mySA
·Riaz Sardar Khil, Lina’s father, said his wife was watching Lina on the playground. Lina was later seen heading to a nearby path before disappearing. San Antonio Police @Chief_McManus said the wife left the playground for a short time only to return to find her missing.

Just catching up, is the bbm new information? I hadn't seen that earlier today.
That info came with the translator IIRC. It was also reported above that mom left the park because she thought Lina went back to the apartment, other reports are that she left her outside for a short period. I'm not sure exactly which is accurate. IMO

Or a hate crime?
Though anything is possible, the missing child's ethnicity would be very difficult to determine at a glance.

Rather, her appearance could pass for Afghan, anglo-white, hispanic, middle eastern or say, mediteranean white. Furthermore, based on the photos, she does not appear to wear ethnically distinct clothing.

Though the totality does not prevent a hate motivation, it would seem to reduce the possibility as the potential hater would first have to establish that she was a member of the targeted group. Then factor in that individual small children are rarely targeted by haters.

I am thinking horribly of a sexual motive. If that is the case, this increases the chance of the perpetrator being "close to home" and from the same ethnic group as the victim.

Being from the same ethnic group facilitates communication and familiarity between the perpetrator and the victim. Statistically (from what I have seen) most sexual predators prefer their own ethnic group as that is whom they are most comfortable with.

Though anything is possible, the missing child's ethnicity would be very difficult to determine at a glance.

Rather, her appearance could pass for Afghan, anglo-white, hispanic, middle eastern or say, mediteranean white. Furthermore, based on the photos, she does not appear to wear ethnically distinct clothing.

Though the totality does not prevent a hate motivation, it would seem to reduce the possibility as the potential hater would first have to establish that she was a member of the targeted group. Then factor in that individual small children are rarely targeted by haters.

I am thinking horribly of a sexual motive. If that is the case, this increases the chance of the perpetrator being "close to home" and from the same ethnic group as the victim.

Being from the same ethnic group facilitates communication and familiarity between the perpetrator and the victim. Statistically (from what I have seen) most sexual predators prefer their own ethnic group as that is whom they are most comfortable with.
Yup, I'd be shocked if this wasn't a sexually motivated crime. The chief referenced the fact that the longer this goes on, the less likely a positive outcome.

I know they've gone door to door, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was still in one of those apartments.

Yup, I'd be shocked if this wasn't a sexually motivated crime. The chief referenced the fact that the longer this goes on, the less likely a positive outcome.

I know they've gone door to door, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was still in one of those apartments.
Me either. But I also can't discount she was taken away in a car. The lot is pretty close to the playground. It would take less than five minutes to walk her to the parking area and leave the complex.

Me either. But I also can't discount she was taken away in a car. The lot is pretty close to the playground. It would take less than five minutes to walk her to the parking area and leave the complex.
Oh that's absolutely possible, especially with the scent suddenly being lost.

Yes, she could have been. I'm seeing posts below news articles from people who live in the complex, and apparently it's a known thing that kids are playing unsupervised in that complex a lot. So someone looking for a child to kidnap would likely be able to find one.

@MassGuy agree but I also think if she actually did walk down some path, could she be lost somewhere? I'm sick just talking about this.
Looking at the location on Google earth, I just don't see how that's possible. This isn't some rural area where a child could get lost in the woods or something.

The only possibilities I see are kidnapping, or she wasn't there to begin with.

The fact that there seem to be witnesses and there was apparently a scent picked up by dogs, makes the latter less than likely IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TruthAndACoffee