TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the location on Google earth, I just don't see how that's possible. This isn't some rural area where a child could get lost in the woods or something.

The only possibilities I see are kidnapping, or she wasn't there to begin with.

The fact that there seem to be witnesses and there was apparently a scent picked up by dogs, makes the latter less than likely IMO.
There are a few paths - Google Maps

At 3 years old, would she know where her apartment was? It's a big complex and the buildings look the same.
What if she knocked on the wrong door, or was snatched by someone living in the complex?

Mind you, they've been there since 2019 so she'd likely be familiar with the layout.

McManus says they are still treating the case as a missing persons case and not an abduction. However, McManus adds that he did request FBI's child abduction unit. K9's did pick up a scent when the search began Monday night but lost it and haven't been able to pick it up since then.
San Antonio police search for answers to Lina Khil disappearance in video footage

Any more details on where they lost the scent?
I think that's huge! Did she go into an apartment, get in a car...where was the scent lost???

Anyone had any luck locating RSO’s in the area?
None in her apartment complex.
The closest are in single family homes.

The thing about the RSO database, it isn't very helpful after the fact. It's to prevent people from interacting with them. ( I had an interesting encounter with a guy in my neighborhood. Halloween came around and I like..."ooohh....that's why he was so friendly...." Now I keep my distance)
I'm sure RSOs have already been checked by law enforcement.

ETA: There many more over by me and I live in a "nicer" area...
I'm noticing not too many live in apartments.

It's the ones that we don't know about who are the problem!!!

Last edited:
Yup, but i can't fathom she wouldn't have been found by now if she had simply gotten lost. We're on day 3 of an extensive search effort, and there's no sign of her.
Agree, I've never thought she was lost. Just pointing out the various area's the paths lead to.

So many possibilities in terms of suspects. But I won't be surprised if this turns out to be someone known to people who live there. Not every abductor is a RSO, those are the scariest ones IMO.

BREAKING: Islamic Center of San Antonio just told @KENS5 reward for #missing Lina Sardar Khil is NOW at $75,000. New donations just came in tonight. It was $10,000 this morning.
Any info?! Call: SAPD at (210) 207-7660.
View attachment 327297

https://twitter.com/henryramostv/status/1473832689790824452?s=21

Sadly, it seems at this point that anyone who could give information about what happened to her would be the perp. And there's no amount of money that will make them talk.

Agree, I've never thought she was lost. Just pointing out the various area's the paths lead to.

So many possibilities in terms of suspects. But I won't be surprised if this turns out to be someone known to people who live there. Not every abductor is a RSO, those are the scariest ones IMO.

That's what I think. There was no sign of a struggle or a scream. Nothing the police have stated sounds like anything out of the ordinary was noticed.
I would not be surprised if Lina knew him.

The first child abduction case that I was familiar with was 1973 Halloween. A little girl disappeared and was murdered. Everyone thought a boogie man had descended on the small town of Fond du Lac. It turns out the perp was a neighbor and the girl was friends with him. She had been to his house numerous times previously. She willingly went inside his home on Halloween night. That's when we learned, "You are more likely to be murdered by someone you know than a stranger".

Is the reward for info leading to perp or for safe return?

It's vague, but apparently it's for leading authorities to her. I assume it's for her safe return, but the conditions aren't specified. This is what a previous release says:

The Islamic Center of San Antonio is offering a $20,000 reward for any information that leads officials to the girl, who was reported missing by her mother on Monday evening at the Villas Del Cabo complex in the 9400 block of Fredericksburg Road.

$20,000 reward offered for information on missing 3-year-old Lina Khil

I really don't want this to be an abduction, but I can't think of any scenario where this ends well.

If Lina did wander away along a path, are there any bodies of water nearby that she might have been attracted to and a tragedy occurred there?

Also, I'm confused about where she actually disappeared from. I've read playground at the apartment. I've read dog park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TruthAndACoffee