TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think it could be a teen? I can't think of one case where the perp was a teenager, but it's an interesting thought.

Madyson Middleton, Alanna Gallagher, Jenise Wright, Jessica Ridgeway. A few off the top of my head that I have followed involving teen perps.

In general, children are more willing to trust "kids" than adults. Fear of strangers is generally extended to adults. However, I don't know (IMO) how a teen could conceal an abduction and/or other crimes for 5-6 days without starting to act suspicious.

Madyson Middleton, Alanna Gallagher, Jenise Wright, Jessica Ridgeway. A few off the top of my head that I have followed involving teen perps.

In general, children are more willing to trust "kids" than adults. Fear of strangers is generally extended to adults. However, I don't know (IMO) how a teen could conceal an abduction and/or other crimes for 5-6 days without starting to act suspicious.
I am not familiar with the first three cases you mentioned and only vaguely familiar with Jessica. I had just become aware of WS during her case. Thanks. I'm going to research the other three you posted.

I thought about a younger teen suspect as well, but discounted for the very reason you state - lack of transportation would mean Lina would likely be found within days and nearby the complex.

Since it's been six days now, I'm leaning towards a male perp who likely had her in his vehicle very quickly :(

I am not familiar with the first three cases you mentioned and only vaguely familiar with Jessica. I had just become aware of WS during her case. Thanks. I'm going to research the other three you posted.

Also Grace Ross, a fairly recent case from Indiana. 14 year old perp in that abduction and murder, I believe. It's a rare subset of cases in what's already a type of rare crime but teen offenders definitely exist.

I thought about a younger teen suspect as well, but discounted for the very reason you state - lack of transportation would mean Lina would likely be found within days and nearby the complex.

Since it's been six days now, I'm leaning towards a male perp who likely had her in his vehicle very quickly :(

I would not rule out a teen or a perp in his early twenties. Somer Renee Thomspon's killer was 24. He lured her by repeatedly letting her play with his dog when she walked past his house on the way home from school. He almost got away with it, but investigators followed a garbage truck from his neighborhood to a landfill, where they found Somer's body.

I would not rule out a similar ploy here. It sounds like Lina may have left the playground and walked down the adjacent path voluntarily. Someone may have beckoned her—perhaps someone with a dog or a toy. It's also possible that she walked off on her own and was grabbed by an opportunistic offender.

We've seen offenders of all ages, though.

Can't get this off of my mind. From first post of this thread, Pommy Mommy linked this quote: "Police are currently looking for an unknown suspect in connection with her abduction." Has this been mentioned recently by LEO?

"Six days after 3-year-old Lina Sardar Khil disappeared from the playground of her family's northwest-San Antonio apartment complex, authorities continue to search for any sign of the young girl.

Police officials emphasized they don't believe Lina was taken by someone."

“We are not treating this as an abduction right now," San Antonio Police Chief William McManus said Wednesday afternoon. "We are treating it as a missing person. The longer the time lapses, the less hopeful we become.”

The search for Lina Khil: What we know | kvue.com

"Six days after 3-year-old Lina Sardar Khil disappeared from the playground of her family's northwest-San Antonio apartment complex, authorities continue to search for any sign of the young girl.

Police officials emphasized they don't believe Lina was taken by someone."

“We are not treating this as an abduction right now," San Antonio Police Chief William McManus said Wednesday afternoon. "We are treating it as a missing person. The longer the time lapses, the less hopeful we become.”

The search for Lina Khil: What we know | kvue.com
This is what confuses me.... Why mention a suspect and then say there isn't one without explaining. "Police are currently looking for an unknown suspect in connection with her abduction." Amber Alert: Three-year-old missing from San Antonio

Anyone could drive around the complex and spot an unattended child.

Very possible. Decades ago, there was such an abduction by a "cruiser" in Orange County, CA. He would spend hours cruising around suburbs in Orange County on nights when he got restless. The sole purpose of endless cruising was to find the "right" victim in the right circumstances.

That possibility aside, I am thinking most human predators prefer areas that they are familiar with. The chances of familiarity with the apartment complex could be increased if perpetrator had to get out of his car to make contact with the victim at either the playground or on a walkway in between apartment buildings.

Getting out of the car and searching would add another step to the process that could cause a cruising perpetrator to back down: Cruising for victim?- Sure. Entering an unfamiliar apartment complex in search of a victim?- Ok with it. Getting out of car in unfamiliar area, searching for a victim, then getting her back to the car?- Too risky.

Given the horrible possibility of either a sex predator motive, or being violently inclined and looking for an easy victim motive, I would rank the perpetrator in the following possibility tiers (amateur analysis):

Priority One: Non relative residents, long term guests, maintenance workers, landscapers etc.- somebody who is familiar with the complex and comfortable there.

Priority Two: "Bad Uncle" (German slang for family based molester) gone very bad. As one poster mentioned, "Bad Uncles" molest but usually dont go further than that. This food for thought. But.... what if the Bad Uncle is a distant relative and does not have the normal bond that inhibits violence towards the victim?

Priority Three: "Cruiser" perpetrator who entered an unfamiliar area in search of a victim. Ranking "Cruisers" as tier three would be especially so if the victim was probably not approached in a parking lot.

Last edited:
However, I don't know (IMO) how a teen could conceal an abduction and/or other crimes for 5-6 days without starting to act suspicious.
A teen with access to a car would be able to... well, move the victim to another place and conceal her (horrible thought).

But.... being able to move the victim would then reduce the level of stress / suspicious behavior displayed by the perpetrator.

First two Spanish-language videos contain images/footage/info not seen in English-language media. They go to the apartment complex.

Sin pistas del paradero de la niña Lina Sardar Khil desaparecida en San Antonio
Subtitles are on this video: Authorities continue the search for the girl Lina Sardar Khil, who disappeared at the Villa del Cabo apartment complex.

Se cumplen 72 horas de la desaparición de Lina Sardar Khil
Subtitles are here: Neighbors of Lina Sardar Khil's family consider that the minor is no longer in the area and fear that she has been kidnapped.

Realizan vigilia por Lina Sardar Khil, la menor desaparecida en San Antonio
With subtitles:

Last edited:
This is what confuses me.... Why mention a suspect and then say there isn't one without explaining. "Police are currently looking for an unknown suspect in connection with her abduction." Amber Alert: Three-year-old missing from San Antonio
I think the Chief has clarified his statement regarding "missing" vs. "abduction" - On Friday, McManus provided more context, saying there's no potential abduction suspect authorities are currently searching for but otherwise using the resources which would be used in an abduction. investigation. The search for Lina Khil: What we know | kvue.com

IMO, McManus is saying they have no solid leads to follow in Lina's disappearance. At least that he wants to the public to know about right now.

Here in GA a 20 yo maintenance worker at an apartment complex kidnapped a young girl off the playground and took her to an apartment that was not being used. It's so sad to think she was right there while everyone was looking for her.

Maintenance Worker Arrested in Killing of 7-Year-Old Georgia Girl

It is very difficult to figure out how to prevent something when you don't understand how it develops. Complicating the issue, I think, is that when it comes to these offenders, you have both "true" pedophiles (who actually have a disordered attraction to children) and then you have the "opportunistic" pedophiles (who are looking to sexually victimize people, often females, but have figured out that children are "easy" targets because their small size makes them easier to control/conceal/dispose of). MOO

So there are multiple, entwined, sexually-motivated pathways for offenders involved in this type of crime against children, in my opinion. This makes LE's job very difficult when investigating because if they have very few leads they need to figure out - do they focus on this local guy who has been trading for child sex abuse images on the internet? Or do they need to be looking at a guy who drives by there every night on his way home from work, who has had triggering life events lately and is looking to assert his power/anger on any female victim - but who impulsively and opportunistically realized that an unattended child is the easiest target of all?

Having said this, speaking generally, I believe that the younger the victim, the more likely LE is to be dealing with someone with a true pedophilic motivation. However - not always.

Excellent post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member