TX - *LOCATED* Barefoot woman seen on surveillance video, Montgomery County, 24 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe I identified the house from the video based on Google Street View of the neighborhood. If so, then it definitely appears she came from the back of the neighborhood, around the side of the house (not the garage side, so she would have walked through grass to the doorstep) to ring the doorbell. I wish we could map together the route she took or at least know which houses she knocked at. I'm glad LE has that extra info at least.

I have been slightly obsessed with this for the last 24 hrs. I have been following the neighborhoods FB page and the original post.. They have said there are more videos that have caught her and police are not or have not released those, but some show her crawling on the ground near a tree line or near bushes. So many people are saying so many things, it's hard to keep up. One thing I did notice is a lot of comments are something like.. something similar happened in the town or area not long ago, and then I remembered something. I am a member of the Nextdoor neighborhood app and last week someone posted this, but I quoted the 1st post on this thread to note Times..it was the Exact time.. which has me wondering what is really going on?

From our neighborhood app.. I'm in Georgia

Saturday night our doorbell rang at 3:20 am. A few seconds later it rang again. My husband and I grabbed our cell phones and guns and turned on the outside lights. A disheveled woman was sitting on the floor of our front porch. Jim opened the door, and she told him she had been running through the woods and needed help. (NOTE: if you are not comfortable using a handgun you should NEVER open your door. We both have concealed weapon permits.)

Jim called 911. I kept an eye on her while waiting for the police to arrive, and Jim gathered the video recordings so we could share the images with them.
while we were waiting for the police, the woman wandered off into the woods again.

We showed several videos to the police so they were able to take note of her appearance. The police combed our property searching for her as they walked through the woods with flashlights, but she had moved on.
Can you please pm me the neighborhood page and the original post on fb?

My first thought was Shannan Gilbert, whose disappearance in Long Island led to the discovery of the victims of the Long Island serial killer. Shannan also rang several doorbells before disappearing

I’m reminded of some other cases like this where a resolution is never provided/found, for instance do you guys remember that case eons ago where a man said he saw a little girl running through the woods? Spotsylvania, iirc? Now there were a couple abduction videos released where there was a resolution however, one was a domestic and the other was a father/daughter conflict.

Anyway I wonder if this will ever be solved.

Question: what do you guys make of what she’s wearing? Is it a camisole? Dress? Don’t take this the wrong way, I mean this with good intentions as part of the sleuthing process, could she be a stripper if that is a dress? I’m not saying that in a nonvictimfriendly way, just asking bc if it’s a dress it seems quite short and tight? Or if someone abducted her, did they dress her in that? Seems to fit her perfectly.

I’m sure LE is working on tracking down the origin of those specific type of restraints. Do they match any other crimes? They are unique if medical restraints.

I don’t think this is a hoax, because she rang the doorbell so many times, so what if they answered the door which could have been possible? Sorry but I definitely would not have answered the door, I’ve heard of home invasions being conducted in Houston actually by having a female knock, then, other male intruders who were hiding push their way in. I would have called 911.

This is a current theory of mine (home invasion attempt), IF she is not a victim who escaped looking for help.

Could she have made it out the freeway and hitchhiked for help? Maybe a car took her to the hospital or police? I doubt it, bc LE would know, unless there is “jurisdictional blindness” as Foxy would say.

Thinking about truck stops? I agree with Hatfiled in leaning more towards a building than a vehicle though.

I wonder if traffic cam/ other surveillance captured anything? Probably/obviously not if they haven’t released any leads but it does take time sometimes.

What does the crime map of the neighborhood look like? Any other suspicious incidents recently?

Her photos are very haunting, almost like a ghost. I hope she’s ok and this is resolved!

Could this be a trafficking victim, or is this a woman being held by some nutjob...but nothing so far has indicated a chase (that we know of),that she escaped and she was tracked down, I’d be combing the area looking for evidence, I’m sure LE has done/ is doing this.

Any motels closeby??

Just some thoughts, no epiphanies, just the usual thoughts on surveillance, etc.

Nobody heard/saw anything else obviously ? No Screaming, no suspicious vehicles...no other persons in the area. Just thinking out loud trying to wrap my head around this.

As with UIDS that we see here, she may likely not even have been reported missing yet.

Last edited:
Can you please pm me the neighborhood page and the original post on fb?

My first thought was Shannan Gilbert, whose disappearance in Long Island led to the discovery of the victims of the Long Island serial killer. Shannan also rang several doorbells before disappearing
I posted the OG post.. Someone has stated ti was the lady who recorded with her doorbell and turned it over to the police..its above and the neighborhood page is this one ( I think) it now appears to be private now
Sunrise Ranch Residents

Thinking of the 3:20 am time of doorbell ringing and wondering if some time after 2 am is when sex trafficking victims are hustled to places by their pimp/trafficker?
January 2018 rbbm.
Sex trafficking victim's "pimp" killed as she tried to escape, police say
"HOUSTON - A sex trafficking victim who is originally from Wisconsin is recovering Saturday morning after an overnight altercation.

According to police, the woman left a club in the 14600 block of Hempstead Road after her "pimp" assaulted her just before 2:30 a.m. When she left, police said the pimp began following her, continuing to berate and assault her."
"The Good Samaritan told police he got back in his car in fear for his life and left the scene, but as the Good Samaritan started to pull away, the woman attempted to climb into the truck to leave with him, but the pimp pulled her back, Houston police said."
Texas human trafficking epidemic among worst in nation
January 2018
"Texas human trafficking epidemic among worst in nation
Federal authorities, local groups working to bring awareness to sweeping issue"
Lee said runaways are at greatest risk of being trafficked.

"One out of every four runaways will actually be approached by someone to traffic them within the first 48 hours," Lee said."

I’m reminded of some other cases like this where a resolution is never provided/found, for instance do you guys remember that case eons ago where a man said he saw a little girl running through the woods? Spotsylvania, iirc? Now there was were a couple abduction videos released where there was a resolution however, one was a domestic and the other was a father/daughter conflict.

Anyway I wonder if this will ever be solved.

Question: what do you guys make of what she’s wearing? Is it a camisole? Dress? Don’t take this the wrong way, I mean this with good intentions as part of the sleuthing process, could she be a stripper if that is a dress? I’m not saying that in a nonvictimfriendly way, just asking bc if it’s a dress it seems quite short and tight? Or if someone abducted her, did they dress her in that? Seems to fit her perfectly.

I’m sure LE is working on tracking down the origin of those specific type of restraints. Do they match any other crimes?

Also, argh just forgot my thought.

I don’t think this is a hoax, because she rang the doorbell so many times, so what if they answered the door which could have been possible? Sorry but I definitely would not have answered the door, I’ve heard home invasions being conducted by having a female knock, then, other male intruders who were hiding push their way in. This is a current theory of mine, IF she is not a victim who escaped looking for help.

Could she have made it out the freeway and hitchhiked for help? Maybe a car took her to the hospital or police? I doubt it, bc LE would know, unless there is “jurisdictional blindness” as Foxy would say.

Thinking about truck stops? I agree with Hatfiled in leaning more towards a building than a vehicle though.

I wonder if traffic cam/ other surveillance captured anything? Probably not if they haven’t released any leads.

What does the crime map of the neighborhood look like? Any other suspicious incidents recently?

He photos are very haunting, almost like a ghost. I hope she’s ok and this is resolved!

Could this be a trafficking victim, or is this a woman being held by some nutjob...but nothing so far has indicated a chase, that she escaped and she was tracked down, Id be combing the area looking for evidence, I’m sure LE has done/ is doing this.

Just some thoughts, no epiphanies, just the usual thoughts on surveillance, etc.

Nobody heard/saw anything elseobviously ? No Screaming, no suspicious vehicles...no other persons in the area. Just thinking out loud.

As with UIDS that we see here, she may likely not even have been reported missing yet.
I think it looks like a t-shirt of some sort.

All of the following is just theory and MOO:

I don't think it is a hoax. She looks clean and not beat up in the dim light of the video. I think that she might not have been held long before she escaped, or is being held by someone who allows her to clean up. Maybe she was being held in a bathroom? Or maybe she was being held captive by the very person who should be reporting her as missing, such as a "friend" or family member.

I am sure that LE collected prints and samples for DNA testing. I know that LE in my area has to send samples somewhere and it takes forever...months to over a year, to get the results. Once you have results, if the person has not been reported missing they could look for a familial match.

As to her not waiting long enough at each porch, maybe she hid nearby to see if the person who opened it looked "safe" to her. Or the homeowner naturally turned on a bright porch light and she was afraid that a pursuer might see. A person traumatized by kidnap, rape or witnessing a horrible crime might be very afraid, like an abused animal.

Another possibility is that she was picked up and helped by someone who has other reasons to stay away from LE. Seriously, who, other than a shift worker is out driving the neighborhood at 3 AM? Drug dealers? A kid who's not supposed to be out? Someone driving home from a secret rendezvous whose spouse thinks he/she is out of town or visiting elderly parents? All reasons not to tell cops that you found a handcuffed half dressed terrified woman and gave her a ride!

She could be safe but embarrassed or afraid to come forward.

Quoted for pictures (thank you!)
RSBM

I think it's a "tall white tee" which is a cheap and readily available (even corner stores and gas stations) plain white cotton tee shirt. They make an extra long design. I actually bought and wore them during my pregnancy because they are only a few dollars each and they allowed me to raise my arms up without my belly popping out.

915127379_699.jpg
images
HTB1jmCGFVXXXXaGXVXXq6xXFXXXO.jpg

I’m reminded of some other cases like this where a resolution is never provided/found, for instance do you guys remember that case eons ago where a man said he saw a little girl running through the woods? Spotsylvania, iirc? Now there were a couple abduction videos released where there was a resolution however, one was a domestic and the other was a father/daughter conflict.

What was this story, mags?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member