TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KDsmith is saying she wants to see some of the phone books from other years. The LA library only has the 1987 edition.

Still useful though. This edition lists different contact data for Ing Seuk/Kathy Jeung, which tells us that Jane Doe's reference to her must be more recent. By looking at subsequent editions, the date for that particular note could be narrowed down somewhat.

If she had these papers in a box for many years, the 213 area code may not be just for LA. It used to cover a great deal more area, and I notice she has Hollywo written beside one number by the Jeung name.

Of course, Holly Wo could be part of another name, but the Lish could also link up with a broken part of the Jeung name. Not helping, I know.

The 40 2 months, could also be forty in two months, if she was keeping track of identities that were her but not her. Or someone else. Wonder if she had a child previously, very young, that would turn 40. That could be something to do with the loads of numbers.

The first I.D. photo that says she is 18, she looks to be around 23 or 24.

The number marked library could be one in PA. Only one google is showing, unless I find something else:

http://tredyffrinlibraries.org/

ETA: A few different things, including an electric company in CA, and this company in CA, Castells & Associados. Some oil and lube place in Louisiana. So.... I got nothing on this one.

Hi 21merc7, A lot of what you are posting has already been discussed and is in the other threads. For instance see this post for research on the heating company in Arizona. Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FLEK: Arizona backstory?

It is in the thread called FLEK-Arizona backstory.

I hate to see you doing research on things that have already been posted. There are also separate threads for the Notes Page, the Colorado phone number, Jeung and the Library. Maybe you could take a look at those threads and see if there are some things we missed.

Thank you Claire. I see some of the things can link up, but I'm sure the investigators already went those routes and without whatever other names she used they may not be able to find all that they need.

It is sad she started losing her mind. I hope the letter to her known child was not too rambling or upsetting. I'm sure that has already been looked into, and now that it is forever out there, will be given to the child whenever the child is old enough to ask.

Odd situation, but maybe she was a touch not sane to begin with. I do wonder if there is another child somewhere and that was the need to have a family of her own once she thought she was stable. If there is, those dates of identification may surround the other child's birth.

Interesting theory on that she might have had another child before she changed her name. I don't remember it being mentioned before.

To clarify: the LA public library only had 1987. They didn't have any other directories from the 80s. (And there was no listing for Jeung that looked familiar in the 70s copy they had.) Thanks!

I found 1987 online.. I have it on my favorites at home, not sure of the link now.. not sure why they only had 2 years.. I think the other was 1982 or something..
I can post the link if anyone wants to look through it, it is a cross reference version by phone number and addresses

Only reference I can find for the Police number is an old PDF from 1994 on anti-gang violence. (I hope I am putting all of this stuff in the right place.)

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/Digitization/150272NCJRS.pdf

thanks for the info, but much of this info has already been posted probably in the main thread which was closed (some of it was moved to the sub threads last week), it might be quicker to read the original thread and through the sub threads and save yourself some agonizing time finding stuff that is already posted for the phone numbers and area codes..
It is in the pages since the Seattle Times story ran a few weeks ago, probably the last 20 pages -maybe more...not trying to be mean , just save you some research

OK update! my "contact" has spoken to Jeung. I am so excited I almost cant type!
Jeung said ( direct quote)

she only met Catherine D'lish in 2005 through Dita von Teese, so she doesnt think the "lish" is her
She said Kathleen is her legal name and she NEVER uses it except for legal purposes, as her family doesnt even call her that.
She also had not really "looked" at the full note sheet because she was looking at it on her phone. She said the number looked familiar, and that was "creepy!" So she is going to look at her records to cross check and check with her roomate from the 80s and 90s...as he has a better memory than her! ACK! by the way, evidently she is SUPER NICE. I wish I had an email to send her the page. I don't think she was really interested until the phone number issue...
gonna mention the article again so maybe she will sit at a computer and look over the full size note...I don't want my "contact" to creep her out. SOOOOO
now I am like , well who the heck is the other name at the end of hers???

OK update! my "contact" has spoken to Jeung. I am so excited I almost cant type!
Jeung said ( direct quote)

she only met Catherine D'lish in 2005 through Dita von Teese, so she doesnt think the "lish" is her
She said Kathleen is her legal name and she NEVER uses it except for legal purposes, as her family doesnt even call her that.
She also had not really "looked" at the full note sheet because she was looking at it on her phone. She said the number looked familiar, and that was "creepy!" So she is going to look at her records to cross check and check with her roomate from the 80s and 90s...as he has a better memory than her! ACK! by the way, evidently she is SUPER NICE. I wish I had an email to send her the page. I don't think she was really interested until the phone number issue...
gonna mention the article again so maybe she will sit at a computer and look over the full size note...I don't want my "contact" to creep her out. SOOOOO
now I am like , well who the heck is the other name at the end of hers???

~ I read the last messages first and then go back. Apologies.
Well, regarding acquiring her email addy. I would just say, Kathy would you mind sending me an email address so I can forward you some of the facts, notes and photos of said LEK? Let's face it, I'm sure she would understand considering LEK had a phone number of hers..... She's human too, I don't see anything wrong with asking.

I wish we had more information about the Ruff family's impressions of LEK. I wonder if there was a mental illness that they suspected?

Also, I wonder what she was doing during the 7 years it took her to finish her college degree--it's been mentioned that she was stripping--was there anything else going on?

What was in the 11 page suicide note? There may be clues there. Does her ex-husband have any memories of anything she may have told him about her past generally? (hobbies, favorite city, etc.)

It just seems like there is something missing that is integral to finding the truth--I'm not sure if it's something the family is holding back, or it's just the strangeness of having a woman with no past.

This case has fascinated me since I saw it on NamUs a while ago.

really this may be enough to get the detective involved!!

Last night I watched channel ID (don't judge! I was sick) and the show "I almost got away with it" was on. Normally that sort of thing is not of my interest but I was too lazy to change the channels. I'm glad I watched it! The guy that was the subj had used a false identity and did it the same way LEK did. He also remarked how taxing it was on him mentally to keep up the lies etc. Did anyone else see it? It gave great insight.

He also was into computer programing (a novice really)
This was around 1994 if I remember correctly .. He made it 10 years without detection.

Since she is thought to be older than she claimed, the fact that she may not be listed as a missing person is not that odd. Instead of starting a new life at 18, she may have been as old as 28, and estranged from any and all family.

She didn't seem to make any friends in her new life or her married life, so I think perhaps she didn't seek out relationships.

Something that kind of creeps me out is that in all her photos she is never looking into the camera--it looks like she is looking above the camera. Have you ever spoken to someone that does that? It's disconcerting. And I wonder if she suffered from Asperger's or Autism to some extent.

We should also consider the fact that she experienced violence at some point in her life due to the violence she displayed at the end of her life and marriage--her in-laws were frightened of her, they sought legal help to protect themselves and they thought she had stolen a house key. She threatened them in emails and stalked them to some extent. Also--a woman using a firearm for suicide is not common & it seems she was capable of violence just judging from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme