TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For convenience I proposed the acronym "FLEK", for Fake Lori Erica Kennedy. It turned out that she had used the identity of a deceased child to go to court and change her name, so it was more a manufactured identity than a stolen one. But the name stuck, so FLEK she is until her real name is found.

(Long time lurker here)

The acronym FLEK has never sat particularly well with me. Lori Erica Kennedy was a real, legal name. The "fake" prefix doesn't accomplish anything, simply because Lori Erica Kennedy was in fact the original Lori Erica Kennedy.

Becky Sue Turner was indeed a stolen identity, and FBST would be appropriate (since there was once a real Becky Sue Turner) but our mystery woman moved on to Lori Erica Kennedy, and that's a perfectly legitimate way to identify her.

"Jane Doe" is also inappropriate, since LEK in fact had a name, just not her birth name. She was Lori Erica Kennedy. It's the only name (that we know) that was truly hers.

I'm going to go out on a very presumptuous limb here (being a long time lurker and all) and suggest that FLEK be retired. It just doesn't make any logical sense as a descriptor for our mystery woman.

I like FLEK. It's easier to type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What zieroh said is more or less what I've always thought - "FLEK" is a misnomer, because the LEK identity isn't fake. If you wanted to be really pedantic, you could even say that the BST identiy isn't fake either - it's stolen. Hence, "FBST" isn't quite as accurate as "Stolen BST" or "Impostor BST".

I'm OK with FBST. She certainly wasn't the real one, so "fake" is close enough for me.

But the LEK identity wasn't a separate identity to that of BST. It was the BST identity with a changed name. The date of birth etc remained as BST's.

If you or I decided to change our name tommorrow, we would still have the same identity, we would just have a different name. Our details of birth would still be ours. Your social security number would still be yours. Only the name would be different.

FLEK lived to the end of her life within BST's identity, all she did was change BST's name.

If the only thing required to have a new identity is to legally change your name, she wouldn't have needed to steal BST's identity in the first place.

But the LEK identity wasn't a separate identity to that of BST. It was the BST identity with a changed name. The date of birth etc remained as BST's.

If you or I decided to change our name tommorrow, we would still have the same identity, we would just have a different name. Our details of birth would still be ours. Your social security number would still be yours. Only the name would be different.

FLEK lived to the end of her life within BST's identity, all she did was change BST's name.

If the only thing required to have a new identity is to legally change your name, she wouldn't have needed to steal BST's identity in the first place.

Exactly and at this point why change the acronym FLEK? To change it now would cause confusion. That is what happens whenever anyone starts using new acronyms for FLEK.

Yeah. It is too late in the game to shake the FLEK nomenclature, at least on this site. Any changes would only result in even more confusion.

I wish we could solve this case. I know they did some DNA work, I really hope they took a stab at surname inference.

Sorry--newbie here. I have made an error or so and apologize. Do you know if the below thread disappeared? Does this happen? Thanks for your time and consideration. This is what happened--

Sorry for the bother. I am LucyBates (username). I had posted to this thread below...but now it is missing. Did I do anything wrong? I am new and read the faqs and directions. Thank you--I could only find the thread in a cached version of google. Then, I received this message: Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator. Please assist.

FLEK is Deborah Stalder - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing ..

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?236216-FLEK-is-Deborah-Stalder/page4

If I did post in problematic ways, I apologize...I last posted on the above thread DEC 2014. Thank you.

LucyBates,

I saw your post, sent a reply, and thread was gone. Maybe WS is moving things to archives?
I asked where did you find the photo you posted? The one with what looked like tape on her mouth?
Also, I responded that my guess is Hoban had 402 months left to serve at the time she called.
Would you please post the photo here? I would like a second look. Thanks!

Sorry--newbie here. I have made an error or so and apologize. Do you know if the below thread disappeared? Does this happen? Thanks for your time and consideration. This is what happened--

Sorry for the bother. I am LucyBates (username). I had posted to this thread below...but now it is missing. Did I do anything wrong? I am new and read the faqs and directions. Thank you--I could only find the thread in a cached version of google. Then, I received this message: Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator. Please assist.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?236216-FLEK-is-Deborah-Stalder/page4

If I did post in problematic ways, I apologize...I last posted on the above thread DEC 2014. Thank you.

Ask the moderator directly as they are the only ones who would have removed the thread. It doesn't mean that you did something wrong, they could have removed it in order to clear the thread of any posts that don't comply with their policies and standards.

Not sure but if DS was ruled out in namus, might've removed it for that reason.

Not sure but if DS was ruled out in namus, might've removed it for that reason.

Kim Mallon has been ruled out and that thread hasn't been removed so I don't think that's it.

I pulled that thread to clean it up. Numerous names, addresses, even SSN's were posted. When I'm done, the thread will be put back in the forum.

Thanks.

Is there any reason to believe she was missing? How did you discover her?

Going through yearbooks on ancestry. No solid reason to think she is missing for sure other than that I haven't found any definite records of her after the late 80's as of yet.

Due to the comment above I went to look for the FB page, I typed in Lori Erica Ruff. I noticed there is a FB page with a young lady in the profile picture.

I think someone may have mentioned this before? The odd thing is there is a photo on the timeline that kind of resembles FLEK and shows 1989 college graduation.

Is this profile for real? Or was it created to have someone contact them about FLEK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You cannot post images of random people simply because you think they look like FLEK. Only images of known missing persons can be posted, and they must be accompanied by a proper link.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members