TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something more interesting... The lawyer from the notes page, Ben Perkins Jr... Well his dad Ben Sr. lived in Ohio up until his death recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Linda, where in Ohio did he live, and do you have an obit link?

Oh my Goodness~~I have to stop looking for a while, so many missing are starting to look like FLEK to me. :(

I thought I would post another picture. It looks as though in the early Idaho picture, FLEK may have a small band-aid or suture bandage (I'm not a medical person..LOL) on her chin and cheek. Looks like the scars may still be there when she was older.
attachment.php
attachment.php

I am rather new to knowing about this case, so forgive my questions. Who preformed and where did FLEK have the dental work done?

This is what I'm thinking...

FLEK was extremely interested in genealogy. She spent hours researching and documenting her husband's family. One group that has actually contributed a lot to genealogy records is the Mormons. My friend is a non-practicing Mormon and she can trace her lineage directly to the days of Joseph Smith. From research and her accounts, it appears genealogy isn't just an interest for them, but rather a part of their core belief system that emphasizes family. (https://discover.mormon.org/en-us/)

A lot of Mormon girls receive cedar chests or hope chests to store their families keepsakes and memories. (I actually have one for my Grandmother, my Mother, and myself in my home. We were always Baptist, but these chests were very common amongst our Appalachian lineage for a different reason. Our ancestral homes were often tiny and without a lot of amenities and it was a place to store family quilts and any semi-valuable belonging given weather conditions...or for hiding moonshine with the scent of cedar to overwhelm it like my Great-Grandfather did.). One of the possiblities has always been that FLEK was a part of a polygamist group. While these groups keep their own records, they often don't have government documentation for their children or women.

That being said, I believe "cedar" was a significant thing for FLEK. In fact, all of our digging in governmental databases may be futile. Perhaps the only answers to her identity lie within a cedar chest somewhere out there. Perhaps this also explains why she got breast implants, worked in the adult industry, and took up tea--as an act of rebellion.

This is is just a thought I've had recently. This is on my mind constantly.

I think the 650-8880 is Visages in Hollywood. They are commercial photographers. Not sure what These Eyes refer to. Could be something related to The Guess Who, that were still touring or some product we can't find now. Who knows?
attachment.php

http://rescarta.lapl.org:8080/ResCa...-b1e4-12291b1cd6d0/LPU00000/LL000002/00000002

http://www.manta.com/c/mmlzn2n/visages-rps-inc

Ruff claimed expertise in marketing, putting together brochures, photography of sorts in her resume. Not sure if she would have been a model or working on the advertising side.
I am still not convinced the strafford PA library fits with this. I know it would be a coincidence but there are 688 exchanges everywhere including LA. I cannot find a reference to the 818 numbers only 213 in LA.

For some reason Ruff kept this scrap of paper. At least on the day she saved it something was important to her. I doubt all of it is important. Since she ended up in TX, maybe those connections are why she kept it. Perhaps at the time of her death, none of it was important, but she never cleaned out the box.

I look at that scrap of paper and think of what i might keep next to a house phone, which most people no longer have. She may have been scribbling on it for weeks. She could have been job hunting, or drumming up business for her marketing consulting, or looking for someone. Or maybe all three and something I have not thought of. Not sure my image is going to work, but it was for the visage phone book entry. You have to scroll down to the 213-650 numbers to find this one.

Attachments

• visages.PNG
    visages.PNG
    27.7 KB · Views: 211
Also thinking out loud here, but what phone numbers are MISSING from this page?
If the page relates to her change in identity, I would expect her to have the phone number for:

the Kern county vital records offices in Bakersfield;
the DMV in Boise, Idaho (or ANY Idaho phone numbers)
Any phone numbers in Washington State where the real BST died
Dallas numbers for the DMV, the SS office, etc.

But she has none of that written down. We are left assuming this page was written prior to her identity change. Could it have been written AFTER she became LEK? IDK.
And now I'm back to thinking it won't provide clues to her true identity, but it is fun to try to figure out why all these names and numbers are written down and grouped together on a page.

Good point. It could have been written in Texas in the late 1980's or 1990's or up until her death. Her identity before LEK/Turner could have been another dead baby. She could have done this many times. She may have taken this scrap of paper out and added to it years later.

I think the 650-8880 is Visages in Hollywood. They are commercial photographers. Not sure what These Eyes refer to. Could be something related to The Guess Who, that were still touring or some product we can't find now. Who knows?
attachment.php

http://rescarta.lapl.org:8080/ResCa...-b1e4-12291b1cd6d0/LPU00000/LL000002/00000002

Ruff claimed expertise in marketing, putting together brochures, photography of sorts in her resume. Not sure if she would have been a model or working on the advertising side.
I am still not convinced the strafford PA library fits with this. I know it would be a coincidence but there are 688 exchanges everywhere including LA. I cannot find a reference to the 818 numbers only 213 in LA.

For some reason Ruff kept this scrap of paper. At least on the day she saved it something was important to her. I doubt all of it is important. Since she ended up in TX, maybe those connections are why she kept it. Perhaps at the time of her death, none of it was important, but she never cleaned out the box.

I look at that scrap of paper and think of what i might keep next to a house phone, which most people no longer have. She may have been scribbling on it for weeks. She could have been job hunting, or drumming up business for her marketing consulting, or looking for someone. Or maybe all three and something I have not thought of. Not sure my image is going to work, but it was for the visage phone book entry. You have to scroll down to the 213-650 numbers to find this one.

Years ago I found the number online as the hair and makeup hotline. Of course, I can not find it now. The owner of Visages set up one of the first photographers "library". I thought it was like a union dispatch. You could call the hotline and pick up jobs. I think you are correct. GREAT FIND!

Good point. It could have been written in Texas in the late 1980's or 1990's or up until her death. Her identity before LEK/Turner could have been another dead baby. She could have done this many times. She may have taken this scrap of paper out and added to it years later.

I have always assumed it was written between 1989 and 1997.

I have always assumed it was written between 1989 and 1997.

Maybe this has been brought up, but has it actually been proven she wrote those notes? I assume her husband would know her writing, but he never struck me as going to win a nobel prize in physics anytime soon. Both the listing of years and this scrap of scribbles kind of looks like a masculine handwriting. well kind of like the mess I would write. The only exception was the "these eyes" which seems more feminine. I know that is not a hard fast rule. I tried to look for an example of her writing and there is that one application for passport, and can we assume that is her writing? I know this is a form you must submit, but I see very little similarity. Her signatures seem a little primitive though. Almost like you write when you first learn cursive. So perhaps she scribbles like a doctor.

i got a reply they compared fingerprints it isnt her
Who did you submit? And was it via Namus or the sheriff's office? I have heard nothing back from the Sheriff's office which, while frustrating, I am hoping means they are looking into the lead rather than ruling it out straight away...

I am rather new to knowing about this case, so forgive my questions. Who preformed and where did FLEK have the dental work done?
That's interesting, I always thought the shot of her in the pink hat was one of the most recent ones (because I assumed the infant in her arms is her daughter). But her teeth in this picture look worse than in any of the other pictures. That seems odd right? Anyone know if there is a more recent picture of FLEK than this one in the pink hat? It almost looks like her teeth in this photo are stained like what you'd expect from a very heaver smoker, drug user or someone who is bulimic and I don't believe that any of these things apply to her?

That's interesting, I always thought the shot of her in the pink hat was one of the most recent ones (because I assumed the infant in her arms is her daughter). But her teeth in this picture look worse than in any of the other pictures. That seems odd right? Anyone know if there is a more recent picture of FLEK than this one in the pink hat? It almost looks like her teeth in this photo are stained like what you'd expect from a very heaver smoker, drug user or someone who is bulimic and I don't believe that any of these things apply to her?

I would say that is the daughter of one of JBR's brother or sister. But I will say, this photo is weird to me. I can't figure out where it is in the progression. Part of me even wonders if it could be a (blood) relative who has a strong resemblance, but I imagine the Ruffs cleared that up. Also, one thing the neighbor did mention was that she lost a lot of weight in the time of separation from her husband. As a woman who's weight has gone really up, then really down, I can tell you that one consequence was my teeth loosing density. But, moo.

I agree - the teeth look dramatically different. Not just the obvious placement changes, but also the shape of the teeth.

Honestly, at the risk of making this case weirder than it already is, it made me question if twins were sharing the bst Idaho identity! But that does seem to be the dumbest explanation I can think of. My teeth shifted after braces, but not that badly... and her teeth looked great and straight in the earlier photo.

Anybody got any dental expert connections that could give us an opinion on what would create that big of a dental change? If not perhaps I could find someone online for us.

attachment.php

Visages was discovered a long while back. See the past notes threads. Velling contacted the owner( I know this because the owner told me. She did not know FLEK.

Visages was discovered a long while back. See the past notes threads. Velling contacted the owner( I know this because the owner told me. She did not know FLEK.

I know everyone contacted did not know her. As I said earlier, how do we know these were her notes? Did anyone ask the husband if this was the way she wrote? If she was working on that "shoot" perhaps she was some low level functionary, maybe running photos to an ad agency, etc. I wonder if anyone ever asked that Visages did they ever do a shoot for a client with the use of "these eyes"? Googling visages it appears they are quite active in entertainment and back then print media was still the most popular. So much time has past maybe it would do no good. If they did recall "these eyes" maybe they could name all the other companies that might have contributed. I am thinking she might have been a runner, or an intern at this point. Of course we do not know if she was in LA when she wrote it or if she wrote "these eyes". We just know she kept this paper for some reason.

Area code 818 did not exist until Jan 7, 1984, so we know that the 818 numbers at least were not written until then at the earliest. "(303) 293-2333" has belonged to a few different entities over time:

Currently: an attorney's office
Previous to that documented as far back as 10/16/87 : Mallon Company (still looking for earlier documented dates, if any) http://docs.azgs.az.gov/OnlineAccessMineFiles/M-R/PilgrimMohave345a.pdf
April 1, 1984 edition of How to Find Missing Persons - CNA number for phone company

If she was using it as a CNA number, and it worked at the time she was using it, then she was probably making at least some of these notes between Jan 1984 and Oct 1987, assuming Oct 87 is when the number was first assigned to Mallon.

Ben Perkins used the address in the note page as early as 1983. It is also listed on Ancestry as his address in 1984. By 1990, he was disbarred. Other addresses for him are:

564 Fairview Av, Los Angeles, CA, 90033 (1990)
[614 E Manchester Blvd Ste 202b, Inglewood, CA, 90301-1996 (1996)]
[1860 W 38th Pl, Los Angeles, CA, 90062-1009 (1994)]
[1242 W 89th St, Los Angeles, CA, 90044-2026 (1993)]
[734 N Inglewood Ave Apt 3, Inglewood, CA, 90302-3783]
[5357 7th Ave Apt 2, Los Angeles, CA, 90043-2578]

It seems that the address she wrote for Ben was current for 1983-1990.

Based on the above, I think she wrote at least part of the notes, if not all, between Jan 1984, and Oct 1987.

Edited: Found a document with the 303-293-2333 number dated Jan 12,1987 for Mallon. http://ocdimage.emnrd.state.nm.us/I...rt 8/ADA-03-00560 00001-10000/09073_04940.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx