Found Safe TX - Maddison, 7, Dylan McGrath, 5 & Maryah Matthew, 2, Sealy, taken from CT, Feb 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wouldn’t they have to go thru some type of border crossing? There’s cameras there. It seems like that would be the quickest way to verify they traveled into Mexico. Let’s say they left the US, then decided they wanted to return, other than their drivers licenses, how are they going to prove citizenship? How are they going to prove the children’s citizenship? What a nightmare for these children.

I crossed the border into CA w my hubs and 2 of my kids last June with only ID.

I crossed the border into CA w my hubs and 2 of my kids last June with only ID.

Was your ID an "enhanced driver's license?" On the border with Canada, you need either a passport or "enhanced driver's license," which is quite a bit more expensive than a regular driver's license. Hard to imagine "mom" and Joy having the wherewithal to plan ahead for legal activities. JMO.
So disappointed that there has been no news and apparently no more sightings. I wonder what LE is doing / able to do at this point.

The amber alert info is still showing on the digital signs/billboards around Houston.

I am still seeing this amber alert on Houston freeways.
It surprises me since it is weeks after the report of them being in Sealy, TX which is about an hour west of Houston.
I am not clear on how it was known that they were ever in Sealy.
This is a very unusual and confusing case.

I’m hoping LE has notified campgrounds and county park staff because those are the only places I think they stand a chance of hiding in plain sight. There’s likely to be less cameras, open bathing facilities, firewood to cook, etc. It’s incredibly hard to keep 3 children quiet and out of sight.

It surprises me since it is weeks after the report of them being in Sealy, TX which is about an hour west of Houston.

I am still seeing it on the north Texas freeway signs as well.

Was your ID an "enhanced driver's license?" On the border with Canada, you need either a passport or "enhanced driver's license," which is quite a bit more expensive than a regular driver's license. Hard to imagine "mom" and Joy having the wherewithal to plan ahead for legal activities. JMO.
So disappointed that there has been no news and apparently no more sightings. I wonder what LE is doing / able to do at this point.

nope. we don't have to have the enhanced until 10/20/20. I am with you on these two though. they are a mess.

Amber Alert discontinued for 3 children from Connecticut last seen in Sealy

Still no word on their location or safety.
I want to know how authorities knew they were in Sealy TX.

From one of the earlier articles Amber Alert issued for 3 children last seen in Sealy, Texas and BBM

Waterbury police told KTXS an Amber Alert was issued because the suspect's license plate was read somewhere in Texas.

There is much confusion over the Amber Alert. I found articles on Feb 23rd saying the Amber Alert was cancelled, then other articles saying it was cancelled 3 days ago, and yet the signs around Houston still have the Amber Alert up.

No matter what, they apparently have not been found.
NO NEW LEADS ON THREE MISSING CONNECTICUT CHILDREN LAST SEEN IN SEALY | KWHI.com

I think it is unfortunate that there is confusion about this Amber Alert. It lessens the legitimacy of such alerts if we don’t understand when and how they are issued. Seeing this particular Amber Alert up for weeks, especially after MSM has reported it no longer in effect, tends to make the public brush it off. Future Amber Alerts will be looked at less urgently. I just don’t get the mixed signals coming from the Amber Alert folks. It is hurting the credibility of the system.

From the FOX 61 link from @sasha17 ( First on FOX 61: Missing Waterbury children found safe, mother arrested in Texas ):

DCF Commissioner Vannessa Dorantes released a statement later Friday evening saying:

“We are relieved to know that the children have been safely located. Our joint planning with law-enforcement is coordinating their return to Connecticut. We are extremely grateful to the many individuals who have brought this to a positive conclusion. Due to the extensive police investigation, will not have any further comments at this time.”

I'm SO happy that these three children were safely located!

I hope the CT supervised visitation policy is changed as a result of this. Children’s safety should be the most important factor in determining where supervised visitation occurs. McDonalds is NOT it. A community center, an office, a daycare center during off hours, even a firehouse lounge or police station, etc.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LarryG
Back