Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.click2houston.com/news/qa-whats-to-come-next-in-maleah-davis-case
Here are the following questions we can answer surrounding the case so far:

Q: When will the autopsy be?

A: The identification process of the remains began on Saturday and it is still underway.

Q: How long until results will be ready?

A: Medical examiners say they don't know.

Q: What’s likely to happen on the legal side?

A: Nothing will happen until they Identify the remains.

Q: What did they find in Arkansas?

A: A black plastic bag with remains of a child and clothing.

Q: Will Vence's criminal charge be upgraded?

A: Legal analyst Brian Wice says, "Assuming that these are little Maleah's remains, what will happen in the short term is he, the defendant, will be charged with capital murder, and he can be held without bond."

Q: When is Vence's next court date?

A: His next court date appearance is scheduled on July 10 at 9 a.m.

Q: Has Maleah Davis mother, Brittany Bowen, been charged?

A: No charges have been filed against her.
thanks so much

Yes, I remember when I was a new mother I was always worried about what "could" happen. My brother told me once, when in doubt, you put her in the car and drive to the emergency room. We have made a lot of trips since then.

I'm not sure if BB lacked the ability to empathize with her daughter or if she just put DV and her own needs first because she didn't want to get in trouble. Maybe both. Imo

Isn't that what narcs to -- satisfy their own needs before others...including their children.

Not sure of BB true behavior prior to Maleah missing but her actions since pretty visible to the world.

Also recall a disturbing comment about Maleah on BB sm -- something about her light skin. Came off more like an advert for the child. Just felt creepy and inappropriate.

MOO

My 16 month old has been sick with a high fever and he had a febrile seizure, which is normal with high spiking fevers, but his lips turned blue so we called EMS. It was hard keeping it together to deal with that and I KNEW that wasn’t dangerous for him. I don’t understand how BB isn’t trying to break down the walls to get to this man who hurt her child, did this to her kid. How she didn’t call 911 for the seizures or* injuries. How no one seems to care. How she hasn’t shown any public outrage for the circumstances of Maleah’s recovery, since we know she doesn’t mind the spotlight... It gives me a sinking feeling.

ETA JMO
My daughter had this happen when she was 4 at Disney World. We were on the bus, they immediately had the bus go to an area where we got immediate help. I will never forget how professional they were,

Last edited:
Isn't that what narcs to -- satisfy their own needs before others...including their children.

Not sure of BB true behavior prior to Maleah missing but her actions since pretty visible to the world.

Also recall a disturbing comment about Maleah on BB sm -- something about her light skin. Came off more like an advert for the child. Just felt creepy and inappropriate.

MOO
Do you think BB was jealous of the love CD had for Maleah. I think he was fighting for her. Moo

I know this is not gonna be a popular post.... but I wish people who buy the flowers, bears, etc. for memorials would give the money they spend to children involved movements and centers. Even a foster family they might know. I know they are well meaning, but so are the places that are struggling to save these children.
I don’t have the funds to donate to every case, but I always try send positive vibes out into the universe in honor of our child victims. The next rainbow I see, I’ll smile because I know Lizzy painted it. I saw a little girl about Maleah’s age in a pink ruffly suit at the pool today and smiled thinking she would’ve loved to play mermaids or princesses together. Their lives can’t be in vain, they were here, they made an impact, they were loved.

I don’t have the funds to donate to every case, but I always try send positive vibes out into the universe in honor of our child victims. The next rainbow I see, I’ll smile because I know Lizzy painted it. I saw a little girl about Maleah’s age in a pink ruffly suit at the pool today and smiled thinking she would’ve loved to play mermaids or princesses together. Their lives can’t be in vain, they were here, they made an impact, they were loved.

Ok totallyngetbt
i totally get you! You do what you can do! All I am saying is give giving a chance! Is there a organization that gives kids a A chance in your community

July 10.

Nope, they share one TV in the common area. This is a great article!

Maleah Davis: Inside the ‘nightmare’ jail where mom’s boyfriend is held, as little girl remains missing for weeks

[...]

Vence has access to phones inside the pod he’s assigned to, but his calls are monitored and come with steep collect call fees. He has no access to his own television, but shares a single television unit in the dayroom of his cell block, with numerous other inmates.

Harris-County-Jail.jpg

“Dirt like this gutter’s all over the floor — and feces, another man’s ****, on the floor,” inmate “Robert” told the outlet.

Other inmates said the showers had mildew, the smell was overwhelming, and at one point, the jail was so overcrowded that “kicking people in the head” was an easy way to wake someone up. The jail is currently working on its goals to decrease overcrowding.

[...]
Awwww Schadenfreude. I don't feel sorry for DV. I feel for Maleah,suffering,and being dumped in a trash bag, and left to get run over by a mower.
MOO

Q: Has Maleah Davis' mother, Brittany Bowens, been charged?

A: No charges have been filed against her. Wice said Bowens made a tragic mistake by not helping law enforcement at a time when law enforcement needed her help to find Maleah. He said her moral responsibility is radically different from her criminal liability, which is zero.
Q&A: What's to come next in Maleah Davis case?

This needs to change. I pray to whatever god is up there that they file some sort of charges for BB. This was so much more than “moral responsibility” IMO. SO MUCH MORE. She chose herself, money, and a man continually, which IMO led to her death. Reading that last sentence made my blood boil. I feel like there is plenty criminal liability. She knew her daughter was being abused, and did nothing.
IMO

MOO
Why was Maleah the target? There were two other children in the home?

A: No charges have been filed against her. Wice said Bowens made a tragic mistake by not helping law enforcement at a time when law enforcement needed her help to find Maleah. He said her moral responsibility is radically different from her criminal liability, which is zero.
Q&A: What's to come next in Maleah Davis case?

This needs to change. I pray to whatever god is up there that they file some sort of charges for BB. This was so much more than “moral responsibility” IMO. SO MUCH MORE. She chose herself, money, and a man continually, which IMO led to her death. Reading that last sentence made my blood boil. I feel like there is plenty criminal liability. She knew her daughter was being abused, and did nothing.
IMO

Surely she failed in her duty of care to Maleah. At the very least child endangerment for knowingly leaving her with her abuser

It's interesting that Wice is saying this specifically, given what we know now. If BB had helped LE when they first began to look for Maleah, the timeline currently appears to show that Maleah would still be dead. Yes it would have been a hell of a lot better for BB to do whatever LE wanted her to do (I am assuming they mean quit saying she believed DV's 3 Hombres story and assist them in speaking with him), so the body could be found much earlier. But is that all he means by "a tragic mistake"? Was there something else we don't know about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZOda60