Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dad and kids never arrived at airport to collect Mom, and she never reports her family missing either. Husband and son don't surface for 2 days.....

Maleah is a sickly child -- hope Mom and Dad didn't disappear this child.

She has said that she did call to report her family missing. The officer in the presser said he wasn't aware of any calls. But she might have. A call saying her husband didn't meet her at the airport as planned, would not get the same priority as a call saying her baby girl was abducted.

Right now I am giving her the benefit of the doubt that she made as call when she arrived home and he was not there with the children.

I haven't heard her say that she called him and he didn't answer. I am dying to now if she thought he had a cell phone with him.

I cannot imagine he didn't have one and wouldn't take one if he was trying to pick up someone at a busy airport. Next to impossible to do so these days without a cell.

I haven't had a chance to read the entire thread. Has there been discussion of the children's car seats? They would have both had to have been unbuckled by the kidnappers to get the children out. If it was dark, how well would a kidnapper be able to see into the vehicle to determine how cute the little girl is?

(Re-posting)

Stefania Okolie on Twitter - VIDEO w/Maleah's mother
EXCLUSIVE: The mother or 4YO Maleah Davis tells me her life feels shattered without her daughter. She was out of state when the stepfather says they were abducted. She fears for her daughter and who she may be with. I have full report at 4. #Abc13
12:57 PM - 6 May 2019

I haven't had a chance to read the entire thread. Has there been discussion of the children's car seats? They would have both had to have been unbuckled by the kidnappers to get the children out. If it was dark, how well would a kidnapper be able to see into the vehicle to determine how cute the little girl is?

exactly. If I pull my car over along a busy, dark road, and I have 2 young kids with me, they are not going to be unbuckled and wandering around outside the car with me.

Police get their wires crossed a lot on these types of reports. She may have called and talked to a dispatcher and been told to wait awhile longer, as I am sure many men fail to pick up wives at the airport on a Friday night.

BUT, that call would still be recorded. If there's no record of the call at all, even after they check tapes, it's likely it did not happen.

exactly. If I pull my car over along a busy, dark road, and I have 2 young kids with me, they are not going to be unbuckled and wandering around outside the car with me.

This is an excellent point. Did anyone read if he said he was on Greens Rd or if he was along the 59 feeder road? I can't find that detail and it's really bothering me. If the kids were out while the alleged kidnappers approached, this detail would be important.

But how many men go missing with several kids on a Friday night. One child that just had major surgery and there was inclement weather. I'm sorry but I'm not giving the mother the benefit of the doubt. I believe she is involved somehow.

She was out of state at her father's funeral. I don't think she was involved with the child's disappearance.

On Mom's FB there are dozens of pictures showing happy, well dressed , healthy children with her in a nice clean home. She se4ems like a very devoted mother. I know, I know...it is only FB...

But looking at the stepdad's FB, no pictures of the little girl, who he had lived with for 2 years already, but a dozen pics of his little son. The only child left in his life now...

BUT, that call would still be recorded. If there's no record of the call at all, even after they check tapes, it's likely it did not happen.

True. But I am not sure that they had done so before the presser happened. If they come out NOW and say she never called, I will believe the PD.

But he may not have known about her call when the presser happened. JMNO

I have a feeling carseats weren't high on the priority list for this trip.

This is an excellent point. Did anyone read if he said he was on Greens Rd or if he was along the 59 feeder road? I can't find that detail and it's really bothering me. If the kids were out while the alleged kidnappers approached, this detail would be important.

I can't see him taking kids out of car seats to check tires. Too much trouble and dangerous.

2010 blue Chevrolet crew cab pickup. Seats two in front, three in back. Three adult males, plus one more, (DV), and two small children. Fairly snug ride.

A blue, crew-cab Chevy truck with three Hispanic men inside pulled up behind their car and approached him, Vence said.
"One of them makes a comment saying, 'Maleah looks very nice, looks very sweet,'" Holbrook said. "The other male hits Darion in the head. "Vence purported to have been knocked unconcious, according to police. He briefly woke up in the back of the truck with the three men and the children.

BBMe
I am very curious as to whether or not DV uses Maleah's name, in his statement, in referring to what the men said, or, is DV stating that one of the men actually called her by her given name? If it's the latter, then this moves one of my theories up the board.

Edit: Police do not consider Vence a suspect or person of interest in Maleah's disappearance.

Police searching for 5-year-old possibly taken by three men in north Houston
2nd and 3rd Bolding Mine

That's interesting, rsd.

Wait.... so the kidnappers took him with them as well ?

And left the two year old alone ?

Why did they take him ?
And then knocked him unconscious and dumped him by a busy shopping mall ?
Stranger things have happened ; so not saying this is an impossible scenario.

Just do not see the point of (briefly) abducting Darion as well.
Is there a chance that the kidnappers were known to him and other theories are possible ?

They did. The Nissan Altima was seen on a traffic camera at 2:54 p.m. near Hwy 59 & State Hwy 6 in Sugar Land.

4-year-old girl may have been kidnapped by men in truck, police say
Houston Police on Twitter

He said he was in a 2010 Chevrolet Crew Cab, with three other men. What if there were originally four men but he saw only three during the abduction and ride. People with a head injury can be very disoriented, and may not remember some things, and may not think like they normally would, too. Also, five grown men in a crew cab along with two children would be very tight, imo. They say they will seat four to six adults but, imo, they'd have to be extremely friendly adults, or at least two are stick thin. Maybe another was along to take DV's vehicle. It may be possible, that he owed someone a significant debt, and they'd been trying to catch up with him? Maybe Mom didn't know. They take the child, and vehicle, due to the debt, or a perceived wrong ?

Wasn't there also very bad weather going on?
Severe storms moved through that area at roughly 4pm. I texted my sons girlfriend who was at the house where to seek shelter. They were still doing cleanup in the area at after 8pm. Kingwood isn’t too far from the Humble area and is the notable news story from that night.

News story with a bit of weather info for that night.
Overnight storms rake parts of Houston area.

I know when I got home after 6pm it had cleared off over in Crosby because the kids were outside working in the garden.

Last edited:
2nd and 3rd Bolding Mine

That's interesting, rsd.

Wait.... so the kidnappers took him with them as well ?

And left the two year old alone ?

Why did they take him ?
And then knocked him unconscious and dumped him by a busy shopping mall ?
Stranger things have happened ; so not saying this is an impossible scenario.

Just do not see the point of (briefly) abducting Darion as well.
Is there a chance that the kidnappers were known to him and other theories are possible ?

BBM
If they called her by name, they'd have to know someone in her family, meaning and/or him. Maybe they were the cause of the "popping" sound they heard?

He said he was in a 2010 Chevrolet Crew Cab, with three other men. What if there were originally four men but he saw only three during the abduction and ride. People with a head injury can be very disoriented, and may not remember some things, and may not think like they normally would, too. Also, five grown men in a crew cab along with two children would be very tight, imo. They say they will seat four to six adults but, imo, they'd have to be extremely friendly adults, or at least two are stick thin. Maybe another was along to take DV's vehicle. It may be possible, that he owed someone a significant debt, and they'd been trying to catch up with him? Maybe Mom didn't know. They take the child, and vehicle, due to the debt, or a perceived wrong ?

Well, that's a theory, but it seems like quite a stretch based on the actions and explanations of the prime suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper