Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds a little absurd that someone would abduct the family in the "blue truck" while their accomplice stole the family's car, and then the person driving the family car and the person driving the "blue truck" would BOTH drive to Sugar Land (the "blue truck" to ditch the step father and brother, the family car as seen on traffic cameras less than a mile from the hospital where the step father and brother eventually arrived)... Or that they drove from the IAH area "sometime after 9pm" on Friday and didn't show up on cameras in Sugar Land until 3pm on Saturday, when the drive is only about an hour. Hopefully they've got the resources to check state wide traffic cams from Friday evening until Saturday afternoon... Given the huge "loss of time", this is a search that may need to be expanded to a larger footprint... including the coast :/

Last edited:
Any nurse/ docs about?

If someone presented to the ER with being hit in the head and being unconscious for 24 hours would they not keep him for observation at least? I mean...
Hard to tell without actually examining him. Keep in mind he REPORTS being unconscious for 24 hours. This was witnessed by no one that we are aware of. In the hospital it would be taken as such: an unwitnessed report by patient. If everything else checked out (clean scans normal GCS) and he wanted to leave they may have let him go with a responsible adult that could observe him (concussion protocol) He may also have checked out AMA. We simply don’t know. MOO as a nurse with plenty of neuro experience is that prolonged loss of consciousness like he is claiming would most likely be accompanied by an actual injury. I.e. something they could see on a scan like a skull fracture, brain bleed etc. in that case they wouldn’t send him home. also MOO: someone self presenting in the ER telling me they were knocked out for 24 hours would immediately raise my hincky meter. JMO

Edited for clarity

Article with a detailed timeline

Where is Maleah Davis? Timeline in the disappearance of 4-year-old Houston girl
[...]

Saturday around midnight: HPD was notified that Maleah was missing.

Saturday, 9 to 10 p.m.: Darion Vence arrived at Sugar Land Methodist Hospital with his son, <modsnip: redacted name of child>. He was treated for a head injury. <modsnip: redacted name of child> wasn't injured.

Saturday night: Vence said he walked around, asking for help but everyone ignored his pleas.

Saturday, 6 p.m. Vence said he was in and out of consciousness and didn't really know where he was until 6 p.m. Saturday. He told police he woke up somewhere off Highway 6 in the Sugar Land area with <modsnip: redacted name of child> in his arms. There was no sign of Maleah.

Friday or Saturday: Vence said he woke up at one point and was in the back of the pickup with both children.

Friday night: Maleah's mother, who had been flying in from Massachusetts, called someone else to pick her up from the airport when Vence didn't show up. She didn't report her family missing, according to police.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Texas Equusearch joins in search for missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis

I truly hope that bf was near the airport when the alleged abduction took place as I'd hate to think that Tx Equusearch is wasting resources in the wrong area-- versus searching in Sugarland where bf allegedly regained consciousness.

Child Maleah already endured so much in her 4 years -- she deserves better.

3 thugs kidnapping a sickly little girl after taking bf and little brother for a ride is definitely a first read for me.

Hope this charade is over today, and bf leads authorities to Maleah.

MOO
Thanks, Seattle. This article answers a question somebody here had earlier. :)

"Neighbors said investigators were at the family’s apartment on Kirkwood in Meadows Place on Sunday, collecting evidence and talking to neighbors."

Jason Miles on Twitter - Video with detective
.. JUST got this interview with @houstonpolice detective Ken Fregia. He says they wanted to search Greens Rd/Eastex Fwy area bc this is where #MaleahDavis’s stepdad says he was assaulted before she disappeared. But the longer it goes on.. More on @KHOU at 4,5,6 #khou11 #htownrush
3:42 PM - 6 May 2019 from Houston, TX

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...pfather-says-he-was-knocked-out-by-abductors/
[...]

Holbrook told reporters that Vence is at home with family. He does not have a criminal record, Holbrook said. Maleah’s biological father, who also lives in the Houston area, has been contacted by authorities and is being cooperative, Holbrook said.

[...]

Traffic cameras captured a photo of the Nissan driving through an intersection Saturday afternoon. It has not been seen since.

Authorities have not found any surveillance footage or witness accounts that corroborate Vence’s version of events.

[...]

Last edited:
[...]
According to detectives, Vence was in and out of consciousness in the back of the suspects' truck.

Eventually, Vence says that he woke up on Saturday around 6 p.m. on the side of Highway 6, near First Colony Mall. His son was with him, but Maleah was not.

Vence says the abductors kept Maleah with them and drove off.

He told authorities he tried to wave people down for help, but no one stopped.

It's also around this time that Vence said Maleah was last seen in the 16500 block of the Southwest Freeway.

Meanwhile, police say Maleah's mother was waiting for Vence at the airport and did not report the family missing to police until Saturday morning after not hearing from him. bbm

They say she ultimately got another family member to pick her up.

By the time Vence got to Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital to receive treatment for his injuries, it was 11 p.m. He then reported Maleah missing.
MALEAH DAVIS: What we know about missing Houston 4-year-old who was possibly kidnapped

What did 1 year old baby brother do for 24+ hours dad was unconscious?

Reportedly - the First Colony Mall is about 1 mile from the Hospital where Vence was treated.

Took him 5 hours to walk to hospital? (6pm - 11pm)

OK, got it.

I'm not believing he walked around asking people for help but nobody would help. Even if enough people thought you were just some crazy person, at least 1 person would recognize that he had a child with him and would probably call the police to have them figure out what was going on. This whole story has my heart in knots and I pray for the best but my head says too much isn't adding up. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong but this entire situation is very bizarre and too many things don't make sense.

Hard to tell without actually examining him. Keep in mind he REPORTS being unconscious for 24 hours. This was witnessed by no one that we are aware of. In the hospital it would be taken as such: an unwitnessed report by patient. If everything else checked out (clean scans normal GCS) and he wanted to leave they may have let him go with a responsible adult that could observe him (concussion protocol) He may also have checked out AMA. We simply don’t know. MOO as a nurse with plenty of neuro experience is that prolonged loss of consciousness like he is claiming would most likely be accompanied by an actual injury. I.e. something they could see on a scan like a skull fracture, brain bleed etc. in that case they wouldn’t send him home. also MOO: someone self presenting in the ER telling me they were knocked out for 24 hours would immediately raise my hincky meter. JMO

Edited for clarity
JMO, but I think the 24 hour knocked out scenario was to try and fill in the time lapse.

I'm with you on your thoughts on the mom. Somehow I don't get that same feeling from her, not yet anyway. The second I saw Joanne Cunningham on camera "crying" about AJ, I blurted out "she is so involved". Don't see that here, not yet anyway.

I don't see cops or police placing a high priority on a "my husband and kids didn't pick me up" type of call. I think it can be verified by the mom's phone records. I would probably have done what she did with calling for another ride. After that, I would be calling every friend and family member of his looking for him and the kids. Probably even riding around to places where he could be as well.

The mom knows her BF very well. I seriously doubt this is the first time he has been irresponsible and didn't pick her up on time for something (my ex would do things like that all the time). I would hardly bat an eye if my ex didn't pick me up or was extremely late. When I finally made it home and he wasn't there an hour or two later then I would start worrying - that is even with the kids being with him. Perhaps she was plain exhausted after the trip, then woke up much later than she thought it was and he still wasn't there with the kids?

Again, I can explain away most of her actions. His actions? Lots of missing parts so far.

BBM
Yes.

Emph. Mine

Possibly the three kidnappers shot out his tires ?
And if he was able to get a good look at them, before they abducted him and Maleah; there should be 3 police sketches out by now.

I just meant may be they shot at his vehicle, or did something that would force him to have to pull over. I see lots of iffy stuff in his story, but, TOS...

Where exactly was the alleged stepdad traveling from before this incident happened - does anyone know?

They are searching Greens Rd /59 area - so I assume this is where abduction happened.

Has it been verified that the mother was picked up by family?

He was headed to Bush Airport to pick up the mother. Here is my post regarding that.

- The intersection where the car jacking allegedly took place is not as busy as any of us would like. The HIGHWAY, yes. Greens Rd, not so much. It's a back road I would drive a LOT since I lived in Greenspoint (Greens Rd and 45) and worked in Humble and wasn't about "that toll road life".
- Crime in the area where the car jacking allegedly took place is pretty high.
- Him being at that intersection doesn't make any sense. My route from Sugarland to BUSH would have been (avoiding tolls) 59 South > 610 Loop > 45 > Greens Rd > Left on JFK *OR* 59 South > 610 Loop > 59 North > Exit Will Clayton. It makes NO sense that he was either on Greens Rd that far past the airport or had turned onto Greens Rd from the highway (going under the overpass) with a flat tire or whatever was wrong with his car. The ONLY way this would make sense is if he did exit 59 North early, because something was indeed wrong with the car he was driving. However, that would put him on the feeder road of 59 and not on desolate Greens Rd. THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE to someone who drove this route A LOT.

Texas EquuSearch joins effort to find missing 4-year-old who may have been kidnapped
"We want to start checking every single dumpster just in case," said Texas EquuSearch's Tim Miller. "We believe in miracles. Let's hope we get one."

I hope so too Tim.... so glad they are there.

Stefania Okolie on Twitter - VIDEO w/Maleah's mother
EXCLUSIVE: The mother or 4YO Maleah Davis tells me her life feels shattered without her daughter. She was out of state when the stepfather says they were abducted. She fears for her daughter and who she may be with. I have full report at 4. #Abc13
12:57 PM - 6 May 2019

Just making sure everyone sees this, as it's the first time the mother has talked publicly directly to the media.

Yes, it is true. And it makes me feel bad that I questioned her need for leaving town.:(
I am sure it was a hard decision, considering her baby girl had just had brain surgery. But if her father just died, then that is also something she wouldn't want to miss, son it must have been stressful for her.

I don't feel bad for questioning why she left town. Not yet. I think this is another A.J. Freund. I don't know that more than one person is criminally responsible but I think more than one person is negligent here.

If we learn that Derion was the only option for babysitting and had training needed to care for her, fine. However I believe there were likely better and safer options.

We still don't know if the pictures of her are even accurate. If she had to have her head shaved or wrapped after her surgery, it is even less likely that some mystery banditos would take her.

I feel sick about this. what is going on that she had to leave? It sounds like that 24 hour period where the BF is saying he was on the side of the road knocked out cold with a 1-year old at his side and no one stopped was just the time he took to decide what BS story he was going to tell the mom when he realized he had to come up with something to cover up an accident or he just snapped. His story reminds me of Sherry Pappini all over again...

Amber Alert: Crews search Texas field for missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis who may have been kidnapped

News 11 video at link shows Equusearch personnel searching near the airport where family was allegedly kidnapped.

Additional reports indicate search is happening around the 16500 block of the Southwest Freeway (Sugar Land) which is about 45 minutes away, near the mall and hospital. (where Maleah was last seen in blue truck driving away???)

Huh?

Was Maleah last seen near the airport, or near the Mall/Hospital in Sugar Land?

Last edited:
Any reported injuries to the son he had with him? Or we don't know?
I don't think we know. This article said they were both treated, but I think it's the only one I've seen that says that. Other articles say DV was treated for minor injuries and released (nothing about the child).

Step-father of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis claims he was knocked out during kidnapping, police say
Investigators said both Vence and his son were treated for their injuries before being released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper