GUILTY TX - Melissa Sowders, 26, Harris County, 26 December 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think she had to have made it to McD's or there would be an appeal for anyone who saw her between x and x time. The bf would be easy to check on so would the ex. As far as I know security cameras are in most mc/d's and if not it wasn't quite lunchtime rush so its likely she would have been remembered, or the couple would. Whereas not remembering would still lead to an appeal for sightings imo.

Given they are processing the ex's car and they searched that fishing hole (and it had to have some relevance or why there and not elswhere, they were pretty certain she was in it) i still believe it points to the ex.

What you say makes perfect sense. I just find it so weird that absolutely no one has spoken in the media about having seen either of them at the McDonald's. Also if they were captured on security cameras, I would think the footage would be released in hopes of finding witnesses who might have seen something to prove what happened after they left McDonald's.

I sure would also know why they zeroed in on this location if it is indeed 4 miles from where her car was found. Her car wasn't found at McDonald's, right? So how did the car get from McDonald's to where it was, and how did she get from the car to where she was found, assuming the body is hers.

Just jumping off from your post, not asking you these questions specifically.

The article up above states that she called her BF when she arrived at McD's and that she was just about to get out of the car to walk over to meet with him.

Yes, but to me that doesn't prove she actually made it there. The boyfriend seems hinky to me and she may well have made it to McD's, but I'll believe it when it is officially confirmed.

I think the reason they haven't released a lot of information up till now is because they DIDN"T need the public's help. They knew from the get go where to exactly look.... :( I mean look... They have spent just about the whole time searching in the creek except for the very beginning .. They know a lot more then we think.

Yes, but to me that doesn't prove she actually made it there. The boyfriend seems hinky to me and she may well have made it to McD's, but I'll believe it when it is officially confirmed.

The sheriff's page says she was last seen at McDonald's at 11am.

What makes me feel pretty confident that it's her ex is that the last "reported" sighting of her is by her bf when she dropped him off at work. Why isn't the ex reporting that he saw her at McDonald's? LE knows she was there. . .assuming via tape.

ETA. . . :(

This makes me sad and angry at the same time! Who really suffers are her children, now having to grow up without their mom. :cry:

I think the reason they haven't released a lot of information up till now is because they DIDN"T need the public's help. They knew from the get go where to exactly look.... :( I mean look... They have spent just about the whole time searching in the creek except for the very beginning .. They know a lot more then we think.

I'm sure you're right. I just wish they would SHARE. LOL.

Melissa didn't file for divorce, the ex did.

I also note that LE stated publicly the ex was not cooperating, imo a pressure tactic on him, it doesn't need to be said if they thought he was innocent. (iow they aren't going to try and make him look guilty in public if they are pretty certain he is innocent)

Going to the exactly location for most of the search speaks volumes imo

So sad :(

Malini Basu ‏@MaliniKHOU 29m
Melissa Sowders family members just showed up to the scene. Family members think her body has been found.

I'm sad that she is deceased, and the poor baby. But I'm glad she's been found. There can be nothing worse than not knowing where/what happened to your loved one. I can't imagine the families that live years and decades without knowing.

So sad :(

Malini Basu ‏@MaliniKHOU 29m
Melissa Sowders family members just showed up to the scene. Family members think her body has been found.

Oh so very sad. :(

I came across this article, not sure if it posted already, but I found the comment that she was two months pregnant and had not yet told her ex interesting. Maybe she told him that day during the meeting and things got out of control?

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9378400

Let us know when there is confirmation and we will update the thread and move it. :(

So sad. Prayers for all involved.

Salem

Seems BF has a car, it was processed, and returned to him. So why did she drive him to work at 6:15AM on Thursday morning? Where was his car?

Seems BF has a car, it was processed, and returned to him. So why did she drive him to work at 6:15AM on Thursday morning? Where was his car?

It was reported early on that the BF and she shared the white car. So, I'm guessing once the car was found abandoned, it was processed and returned back to him.

Maybe they are talking about the car she dropped him off with? Not sure just throwing it out there. :twocents:

Oh NOOOOO. Melissa's poor family, I'm so sorry. RIP Melissa.

I won't be able to get back on WS until tonight, but I just wanted to express my sorrow for Melissa and her family.

I wonder if an arrest will be made today?

in the shop, left at work if she picked him up to go somewhere the evening before and therefore drove him in, all sorts of good places it could have been. or maybe they had plans for the evening to go somewhere and it made sense to get a lift to work so they could take off together after work.

LE apparently doesn't consider him a suspect according to reporter abovethreasd

Oh NOOOOO. Melissa's poor family, I'm so sorry. RIP Melissa.

I won't be able to get back on WS until tonight, but I just wanted to express my sorrow for Melissa and her family.

I wonder if an arrest will be made today?

I hope so, imo if ex is involved the faster those children are removed from him the betterl.

MyFoxHouston.com ‏@MyFoxHouston 4m
#DEVELOPING
Tim Miller from Texas Equusearch tells @MyFoxHouston body found in creek of missing Melissa Sowders pic.twitter.com/OkbsZ4TfAm

Courtney Gilmore ‏@KPRCgilmore 6m
Update on disappearance of pregnant mom of 4, Melissa Sowders- her body was found in creek off 45 near FM 1960

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back