Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pmerle00, can you comment on if the house is now for sale, and if BC is staying there or not? Asking because a friend in the area drives by there enroute to work every day, and she describes it as "abandoned".

*All statements are of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

On the note of surveillance cameras, every possible camera footage in that town, both business and private homes should have been checked.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

I have asked which cameras have been checked from Walmart to Papaw's house. I will let you know if they answer.

Pmerle00, can you comment on if the house is now for sale, and if BC is staying there or not? Asking because a friend in the area drives by there enroute to work every day, and she describes it as "abandoned".

*All statements are of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

As far as I know, the house is not for sale. I won't be commenting on where Becca is staying, I hope you all can understand that...

Do we know if she called his cell phone before calling people to help her search, and calling the police?

Yes, there were several phone calls and texts to his phone from hers prior to her calling 911.

These are GREAT questions. If you've got the time, feel free to call HCSO and ask for a new press release to provide any updates or publicly state that there are none. While you're at it, you've got my blessing to contact news stations and ask why they dropped the story or request that they air an update.
I will start working on that tonight. Thank you for letting me do this.

If there is anything else I can do to help in any way, please let me know on here or PM me.

I just want your PaPaw home.

Wherever he is, that is not where he should be right now. He should be at his grands' and great-grands' ballgames, plays, hanging out with friends at car shows, and asking your mom and your aunt if they are bringing beef or pork to the next family get-together.

I am so sorry you are having to go through this, Pmerle00.

I will start working on that tonight. Thank you for letting me do this.

If there is anything else I can do to help in any way, please let me know on here or PM me.

I just want your PaPaw home.

Wherever he is, that is not where he should be right now. He should be at his grands' and great-grands' ballgames, plays, hanging out with friends at car shows, and asking your mom and your aunt if they are bringing beef or pork to the next family get-together.

I am so sorry you are having to go through this, Pmerle00.

I hope it's ok that I brought over contact info that Papaw's daughter posted on BPH.

"Sheriff Meeks' # is (903) 453-6815. His email is meeks@huntcounty.net. Kelly Phillips and Roger Seals are on the case and can also be contacted through Hunt County at (903) 453-6800.
Please be respectful if you contact them. Respectful but insistent."

I'm quite certain that they know "America is watching!" how they handle the case, but a few contacts from those following may be helpful, as the family doesn't seem to be getting anywhere. The news could start their story with, "People far and wide are wondering what happened to Michael Chambers..."
Honestly, I think it's crazy that no reporters have teamed up with the family for exclusive coverage and kept reporting on it, because when this case breaks, it is going to break wide open in a big way. A reporter's dream, I would think. Just my opinion.

I hope it's ok that I brought over contact info that Papaw's daughter posted on BPH.

"Sheriff Meeks' # is (903) 453-6815. His email is meeks@huntcounty.net. Kelly Phillips and Roger Seals are on the case and can also be contacted through Hunt County at (903) 453-6800.

I'm quite certain that they know "America is watching!" how they handle the case, but a few contacts from those following may be helpful, as the family doesn't seem to be getting anywhere. The news could start their story with, "People far and wide are wondering what happened to Michael Chambers..."
Honestly, I think it's crazy that no reporters have teamed up with the family for exclusive coverage and kept reporting on it, because when this case breaks, it is going to break wide open in a big way. A reporter's dream, I would think. Just my opinion.

Thank you!

I am so happy VI came back to answer questions and clear up some things. I'm still praying for the Chambers family and hoping we can somehow help bring him home soon.

Before leaving for WalMart to get his wife's makeup he puttered around in the shop a bit. This is when he cut his finger, grabbed a towel and then discovered he needed some first aid item he didn't have or something was needed to clean blood up [Ok, but then where is the bandage on his person in the surveillance video?]. He kept this small cut wrapped in the towel and headed to store. After getting items he throws the bloody rag in the trash at the store and heads home [and where is the first aid item on the receipt?].
Agreed!!
This would be a whole lot going on. I always say not impossible, I suppose he could have stopped somewhere else before Walmart. I would assume with him being a former fireman and she being a nurse they would have something in the house to use as 1st aid. Also, as active as he was in the garage, he probably has shop towels around and not have dripped blood in so many different spots. Also, whatever he would have cut himself would more than likely have blood on it or near it.

I also wonder, with the scenerio. I'm thinking okay, wallet there, no DL. Who would you take your license out of your wallet for??? He would have no reason to lose it at Walmart. He had no reason I can think of to have it out. And most men I know, especially, have theirs in the little compartments made for your i.d. and often they are pretty hard to get out. All of this in my opinion of course.
I wasn't sure what I thought about this case. Now, I am starting to see a couple of things that may be helping me see things differently.

1) the case originally looking like it was suspicious. Without anything really changing, now we don't think it was a crime.

2) we thought it was suspicious but... we are not going to treat this as a possible crime scene.

3) we are looking at the vehicles around but... we are not going to photograph anything or. Now, if his disappearance turns out was criminal, we have released the vehicles to be sold that could have held clues and we have very little documentation.

4) I'm not going to say it's a crime but ... I see unexplained blood spots, not enough to think its a crime scene; however, I can sign this document that now says this person is dead so someone can sell his posessions, because maybe he took off. If he comes back, this man is going to be without an identity for quite awhile. Not only that, but he can potentially come back to no vehicle, no special thoughtful gift he wanted his wife to have. His pension tied up and at this rate he may not have HIS home, to come home to. This is not a crime though.

Thank goodness he has his daughters, brothers and his grandchildren to come home to. There seems to be some double talk going on. IMO of course.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

kphillips@huntcounty.net

Email address to the investigator at hunt county sheriff department. This is who is working the case. Family has asked that people send emails with questions and demand another press conference.

Hope I don't get in trouble for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for this information, Midge.

"I think it's crazy that no reporters have teamed up with the family for exclusive coverage and kept reporting on it, because when this case breaks, it is going to break wide open in a big way." (RBBM)
I couldn't agree more. It will be all over TV and the Internet. We will read about it not only on local TV stations' and newspapers' websites, but "Big Three" television networks, Daily Mail and more. But we need that type of publicity now, so that more people will take interest and also in order to put pressure on the perp(s).

By the way, I didn't realize Sgt. Hanes was no longer on the case. I was interested as to the reason why, so I looked up Kelly Phillips and Roger Seals, and found their names on HCSO's website, under "Criminal Investigations Division." The page says Lt. Seals is Division Supervisor/Investigator, and Kelly Phillips an investigator (Property Crimes). Also from the page (BBM):

"The Criminal Investigations Division is responsible for following up on criminal offenses reported to deputies where further investigation into the initial report is necessary. These investigators also prepare the case for prosecution. This is completed by interviewing victims, witnesses and suspects; collecting evidence and sending it to labs for processing; as well as taking photographs of scenes and evidence."
http://www.huntcounty.net/index.aspx?NID=221

This leads me to believe that perhaps PaPaw's disappearance is finally being treated as a criminal case.

I also found it interesting that Investigator Phillips is one of the two investigators in charge or property crimes, so I looked up what a property crime consists of in TX. Looking at the TX penal code, I found the following particularly curious (BBM):

"Sec. 32.46. SECURING EXECUTION OF DOCUMENT BY DECEPTION. (a) A person commits an offense if, with intent to defraud or harm any person, he, by deception:
(1) causes another to sign or execute any document affecting property or service or the pecuniary interest of any person; or
(2) causes or induces a public servant to file or record any purported judgment or other document purporting to memorialize or evidence an act, an order, a directive, or process of:
(A) a purported court that is not expressly created or established under the constitution or the laws of this state or of the United States;
(B) a purported judicial entity that is not expressly created or established under the constitution or laws of this state or of the United States; or
(C) a purported judicial officer of a purported court or purported judicial entity described by Paragraph (A) or (B).
(b) An offense under Subsection (a)(1) is a:
(1) Class C misdemeanor if the value of the property, service, or pecuniary interest is less than $100;
-SBM for space-
(5) felony of the third degree if the value of the property, service, or pecuniary interest is $30,000 or more but less than $150,000;
(6) felony of the second degree if the value of the property, service, or pecuniary interest is $150,000 or more but less than $300,000; or
(7) felony of the first degree if the value of the property, service, or pecuniary interest is $300,000 or more.
-SBM for space-
(d) In this section:
(1) "Deception" has the meaning assigned by Section 31.01.
(2) "Document" includes electronically stored data or other information that is retrievable in a readable, perceivable form.
-SBM for space-"
http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.32.htm

Just something that made me go "Hmmm ..." like so many other things about this case ....

I'm wondering how many cars his garage held. Could MC have taken one of those classic vehicles out for a test drive? Would BC know if one was missing? Would anyone other than MC know?
Is there another state known for being big in classic car shows? Florida would be my guess. Especially at The Villages...a very nice retirement community located north and West of Orlando.
Right smack dab in the middle of nowhere.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I'm wondering how many cars his garage held. Could MC have taken one of those classic vehicles out for a test drive? Would BC know if one was missing? Would anyone other than MC know?
Is there another state known for being big in classic car shows? Florida would be my guess. Especially at The Villages...a very nice retirement community located north and West of Orlando.
Right smack dab in the middle of nowhere.

So are you suggesting he drove off? For real?

To answer your question, they have stated nothing was taken besides his license and cash. So all the vehicles are accounted for. I know Suzy's DH worked on cars with MC and they would for sure know if a vehicle was missing,

Rebecca Chambers, Michael’s wife, arrived from Dallas around 3 PM and Chambers was not at home. His truck, wallet and keys were present but his cell phone was missing. Mrs. Chambers last spoke with her husband around 8 AM Friday morning. She filed a missing person report at approximately 6:55 PM Friday evening. An initial check of the area was made. The K-9 Team from Bonham was enlisted in the search. A DPS helicopter with infrared sensors was called the aerial search lasted well into Friday night without results.

This is information I hadn't read until today. It isn't new but it's news to me and I thought it may be helpful to someone else.

http://www.huntcountynews.org/missing/

So are you suggesting he drove off? For real?

To answer your question, they have stated nothing was taken besides his license and cash. So all the vehicles are accounted for. I know Suzy's DH worked on cars with MC and they would for sure know if a vehicle was missing,
Thought I'd give it a try. I wonder if he stores some of his classic vehicles somewhere other than in his shed. Is his shed big enough to store BC's Mustang, the car he takes to shows and maybe another one?

Rebecca Chambers, Michael’s wife, arrived from Dallas around 3 PM and Chambers was not at home. His truck, wallet and keys were present but his cell phone was missing. Mrs. Chambers last spoke with her husband around 8 AM Friday morning. She filed a missing person report at approximately 6:55 PM Friday evening. An initial check of the area was made. The K-9 Team from Bonham was enlisted in the search. A DPS helicopter with infrared sensors was called the aerial search lasted well into Friday night without results.

This is information I hadn't read until today. It isn't new but it's news to me and I thought it may be helpful to someone else.

http://www.huntcountynews.org/missing/

This is helpful. This states she arrived home at 3:00 from Dallas. Does she work in Dallas or in Hunt County? According to this, she reported him missing at 6:55 pm. We know she looked in the shop and asked a neighbor for help, but did her search last 4 hours? I thought she arrived home around 6:00 pm. I will do more research on the time she arrived home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV