Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As usual, I'm late to breaking news of the day :) I was able to watch the entire video and need time to digest a few things, but am very glad of the scope of the info Mr. Klein talked about and clarifications.

One thing that was very important to me was that he said he and his investigators were able to confirm the phone GPS info that Sheriff Meeks had released. I would have liked to have heard a more detailed explanation, but it sounds to me that Mr. Klein might believe MC's phone was moved by someone walking. There honestly doesn't seem to be any other explanation.

I finally got more detailed info re: the dowel! The size of it and the amount of blood on it were important to me. Klein didn't really explain his thoughts as to what the dowel was used for. I was a little surprised that he said he believed the blood drops to be arterial blood, and not venous. I could see the dowel, if it were only a half-inch in diameter, being used to stab at MC and maybe produce a wound that might bleed drops such as were described, but I've always thought an arterial wound would gush or spurt large amounts of blood and not produce drops as were described. If MC were hit in the head and blood dripped from his mouth or ear, perhaps? Then what was the dowel for and how did it get a fair amount of blood on it? MC had to have touched or picked up the dowel after he was injured, correct?

I had wondered for a long while if MC had squirreled away amounts of money in his shop. Since it's come out that he did, who else, if anyone, knew it was there? Did BC know it was there, or suspect it? It seems there was no attempt by any perp to find it. And the driver's license......

As usual, I'm late to breaking news of the day :) I was able to watch the entire video and need time to digest a few things, but am very glad of the scope of the info Mr. Klein talked about and clarifications.

One thing that was very important to me was that he said he and his investigators were able to confirm the phone GPS info that Sheriff Meeks had released. I would have liked to have heard a more detailed explanation, but it sounds to me that Mr. Klein might believe MC's phone was moved by someone walking. There honestly doesn't seem to be any other explanation.

I finally got more detailed info re: the dowel! The size of it and the amount of blood on it were important to me. Klein didn't really explain his thoughts as to what the dowel was used for. I was a little surprised that he said he believed the blood drops to be arterial blood, and not venous. I could see the dowel, if it were only a half-inch in diameter, being used to stab at MC and maybe produce a wound that might bleed drops such as were described, but I've always thought an arterial wound would gush or spurt large amounts of blood and not produce drops as were described. If MC were hit in the head and blood dripped from his mouth or ear, perhaps? Then what was the dowel for and how did it get a fair amount of blood on it? MC had to have touched or picked up the dowel after he was injured, correct?

I had wondered for a long while if MC had squirreled away amounts of money in his shop. Since it's come out that he did, who else, if anyone, knew it was there? Did BC know it was there, or suspect it? It seems there was no attempt by any perp to find it. And the driver's license......
I'm so glad you brought these things up cause I wanted to talk about them, while I was watching.

I googled the dowel. I can't add a photo on tapatalk. In my world, that is a Mardi Gras ladder seat bar to hold a child in place :) But most images had a flat end. Think of a thick stick, like round as a quarter, but long. If it is pointed, it could stab, but flat, it could definitely knock someone out. It would be similar to just the straight part of a Billy club.

As for the money, with $100,000 in cash hanging out in the garage (that never went missing, meaning was still available to use), I don't see any reason anything had to be sold quickly. He mentioned more cash somewhere else in the house, I think. Certainly, it should not have been a rush.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I wasn't able to open these. Can you share what happened and what condition he is in? Was he hurt at the explosion in Ennis? Thank you.

“Police confirmed there was an explosion and fire at the U.S. Polyco plant in Ennis on Monday.

No injuries were initially reported, but footage from the scene showed firefighters putting a person a stretcher and rushing the person into an ambulance.

The plant is just off Interstate 45 in Ennis at 3701 N. Freeway Service Road. The incident had been contained by 12:30 p.m., police said......”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was driving through New Mexico yesterday on the way to check on a job I have going. I threw caution to the wind, and the Verizon gods, and listened to the Brainscratch video as I was driving. Thank goodness for unlimited data cell phone plans! Now that I have had mass amounts of coffee, and it’s quiet, I’m about to carefully watch it again. I’m very excited about the information in the video. I feel like we’re getting close to the end, and finding MC!

I'm thinking Klein said a 1/2" dowel, possibly a 1/4". It's just a wooden stick, basically (I suppose it could be metal but where I live that wouldn't be called a dowel). Not uncommon to find laying around a shop. There are a few in my garage right now :)

I had the same thoughts about the money. The way Klein referenced it led me to believe it wasn't a big secret within the immediate family. It certainly shines a different light on the need for $$ situation. BC went through a whole lot of hoops for funds for having $100K cash sitting there.
I'm so glad you brought these things up cause I wanted to talk about them, while I was watching.

I googled the dowel. I can't add a photo on tapatalk. In my world, that is a Mardi Gras ladder seat bar to hold a child in place :) But most images had a flat end. Think of a thick stick, like round as a quarter, but long. If it is pointed, it could stab, but flat, it could definitely knock someone out. It would be similar to just the straight part of a Billy club.

As for the money, with $100,000 in cash hanging out in the garage (that never went missing, meaning was still available to use), I don't see any reason anything had to be sold quickly. He mentioned more cash somewhere else in the house, I think. Certainly, it should not have been a rush.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I'm thinking Klein said a 1/2" dowel, possibly a 1/4". It's just a wooden stick, basically (I suppose it could be metal but where I live that wouldn't be called a dowel). Not uncommon to find laying around a shop. There are a few in my garage right now :)

I had the same thoughts about the money. The way Klein referenced it led me to believe it wasn't a big secret within the immediate family. It certainly shines a different light on the need for $$ situation. BC went through a whole lot of hoops for funds for having $100K cash sitting there.

RBBM

My husband has been missing for barely a month, and I can’t pay my bills! Therefore, I must have him declared deceased ... oh by the way, I have $100,000 in cash to my name ... whatever.

I’m finding it interesting that apparently, the cash was not included in the “Inventory, Appraisement and List of Claims”:

1fb68abbddb8c508bc6805075b25c2c6.jpg

So why not? The possibilities that I can think of are:

1. It was somehow assumed the money belonged only to BC and that none of it belonged to MC. Otherwise, MC’s half, $50,000, would have been included in the list, meaning that money would have been deposited into the County-Clerk-controlled account, which BC cannot touch for three years, counting from the day MC was declared deceased (June 7, 2017).

2. BC told her probate attorney the cash existed, and
1) it is perfectly legal for her to not disclose this information for probate purposes;
2) BC and the attorney together decided not to disclose the information because cash cannot be traced.

3. BC did not tell her attorney about the money.

ETA: 4. If BC was involved, she used the $100,000 to pay off those who helped her.

In any case, BC doesn’t seem particularly honest to me. So again, was there life insurance or not?

As to how MC might have been killed (I hate that I have to write that), after hearing Mr. Klein mention a possible cerebrospinal fluid leak in explaining why the blood was so red, my thoughts are he might have been shot and/or hit with the dowel in the back of the head.

From the listing for the house:

“On the property it also has a great insulated shop with electricity and a full restroom, including shower. It's a home you will want to see! (BBM)

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/7044-Fm-2101_Quinlan_TX_75474_M74030-86352

Looking at one of the photos from the listing, I suspect it’s the little enclosed area next to the refrigerator:

2e91b3c4a10d9958a88215ccf7bf68cc.jpg

Could someone have been hiding in there and shot MC from behind as he walked into the garage, before he even knew what was going on? Or maybe MC was hit with the dowel, in which case there would have been blood spatters, IMO, but at least one of those responsible probably had plenty of time to clean up the crime scene. Plus, HCSO didn’t even treat the garage as a crime scene, so ....

I also find it interesting that our VI never mentioned the bathroom. Did BC ask her not to, and if so, what was her explanation?

About 10 minutes into the video, I started getting goosebumps. By 15 minutes into it, I thought I was going to throw up. Poor MC and his poor children.

After watching the video, I now think there were at least three people involved in MC’s disappearance. I hope and pray Mr. Klein can get one of them to turn against the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBBM

My husband has been missing for barely a month, and I can’t pay my bills! Therefore, I must have him declared deceased ... oh by the way, I have $100,000 in cash to my name ... whatever.

I’m finding it interesting that apparently, the cash was not included in the “Inventory, Appraisement and List of Claims”:

1fb68abbddb8c508bc6805075b25c2c6.jpg

So why not? The possibilities that I can think of are:

1. It was somehow assumed the money belonged only to BC and that none of it belonged to MC. Otherwise, MC’s half, $50,000, would have been included in the list, meaning that money would have been deposited into the County-Clerk-controlled account, which BC cannot touch for three years, counting from the day MC was declared deceased (June 7, 2017).

2. BC told her probate attorney the cash existed, and
1) it is perfectly legal for her to not disclose this information for probate purposes;
2) BC and the attorney together decided not to disclose the information because cash cannot be traced.

3. BC did not tell her attorney about the money.

In any case, BC doesn’t seem particularly honest to me. So again, was there life insurance or not?

As to how MC might have been killed (I hate that I have to write that), after hearing Mr. Klein mention a possible cerebrospinal fluid leak in explaining why the blood was so red, my thoughts are he might have been shot and/or hit with the dowel in the back of the head.

From the listing for the house:

“On the property it also has a great insulated shop with electricity and a full restroom, including shower. It's a home you will want to see[B/]!

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/7044-Fm-2101_Quinlan_TX_75474_M74030-86352

Looking at one of the photos from the listing, I suspect it’s the little enclosed area next to the refrigerator:

2e91b3c4a10d9958a88215ccf7bf68cc.jpg

Could someone have been hiding in there and shot MC from behind as he walked into the garage, before he even knew what was going on? Or maybe MC was hit with the dowel, in which case there would have been blood spatters, IMO, but at least one of those responsible probably had plenty of time to clean up the crime scene. Plus, HCSO didn’t even treat the garage as a crime scene, so ....

I also find it interesting that our VI never mentioned the bathroom. Did BC ask her not to, and if so, what was her explanation?

About 10 minutes into the video, I started getting goosebumps. By 15 minutes into it, I thought I was going to throw up. Poor MC and his poor children.

After watching the video, I now think there were at least three people involved in MC’s disappearance. I hope and pray Mr. Klein can get one of them to turn against the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if someone else knew about the money in the shop besides MC and BC,(like someone MC trusted) and BC wasn't aware someone else knew of its existence until someone brought it up AFTER the murder. That would definitely throw a wrench in her finacial plan. I'm not convinced that she anticipated having to file for a death certificate or sell everything in such a,short time. I think originally she planned on living it up with the 100 grand and let everything else run it's course over time

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

What if someone else knew about the money in the shop besides MC and BC,(like someone MC trusted) and BC wasn't aware someone else knew of its existence until someone brought it up AFTER the murder. That would definitely throw a wrench in her finacial plan. I'm not convinced that she anticipated having to file for a death certificate or sell everything in such a,short time. I think originally she planned on living it up with the 100 grand and let everything else run it's course over time

So why wouldn't this other person just take the money and not say a word to BC about it?

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

So why wouldn't this other person just take the money and not say a word to BC about it?

No I meant like a family member, close friend, or confidante of MC. Someone who meant him no harm. For example, what if MC told this person about the money, but BC wasn't aware of this and believed she was the only one alive besides MC that knew of its existence. MC disappears and blood is found in his shop. During the investigation, this person naturally mentions the substantial amount of money, ironically kept in the same place as the blood was found, to the investigator. Now the money is no longer her little secret.

Just listened to the Brainscratch interview with Mr. Klein for the 2nd time . And I got just excited this time as I did the last. Not sure if excited is the proper word here. Anyhow, it's a very good, positive, hopeful feeling after months of flat, dismal nothing wondering where MC is & what happened to him.

I'm so glad the family hired this private investigator & I'm sure they are, too. But, Im Fairly certain....ok? .. I'm positive that BC isn't Happy about this PI at all.

Surprised to hear that what we thought of as only a few drops of blood was actually much more. And the type of blood it was indicates not venous, but arterial(??) Possibly from mouth or ears.

Also, the "large" amt of cash in his truck" and the "$100,000.00 cash in a box in his garage". These 2 large amts of $$ were still there. Only the small amt of cash in his billfold was missing .

He said BC was the 1st person in 38 years on cases hes had who refuses to speak with him.

Klein points out that it's highly unlikely that a 70 year old man with arthritis , bad knees, bloody and bleeding, is going to take his drivers license & small amt of cash & phone and get on a non-existent bike and ride it 20 miles to a bridge , leap only 9 feet into water and die. Klein says his 2 year old granddaughter can do that.

This interview is definitely worth the time to watch .

Just is coming. And she's not riding an invisible bike!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Just listened to the Brainscratch interview with Mr. Klein for the 2nd time . And I got just excited this time as I did the last. Not sure if excited is the proper word here. Anyhow, it's a very good, positive, hopeful feeling after months of flat, dismal nothing wondering where MC is & what happened to him.

I'm so glad the family hired this private investigator & I'm sure they are, too. But, Im Fairly certain....ok? .. I'm positive that BC isn't Happy about this PI at all.

Surprised to hear that what we thought of as only a few drops of blood was actually much more. And the type of blood it was indicates not venous, but arterial(??) Possibly from mouth or ears.

Also, the "large" amt of cash in his truck" and the "$100,000.00 cash in a box in his garage". These 2 large amts of $$ were still there. Only the small amt of cash in his billfold was missing .

He said BC was the 1st person in 38 years on cases hes had who refuses to speak with him.

Klein points out that it's highly unlikely that a 70 year old man with arthritis , bad knees, bloody and bleeding, is going to take his drivers license & small amt of cash & phone and get on a non-existent bike and ride it 20 miles to a bridge , leap only 9 feet into water and die. Klein says his 2 year old granddaughter can do that.

This interview is definitely worth the time to watch .

Just is coming. And she's not riding an invisible bike!

I should listen again but did Klein say there was $100,000 cash in a box in the garage? I remember it was just a large amt of cash.

I think it’s important for us to remember that not everything is facts that we hear, and read. It’s important not to take everything as literally as it sounds.

I adore Philip Klein. He’s going to solve this case. If you watch him in interviews on other cases, he “talks between the lines” a lot. He gives the answers without really giving the answers.

By watching and listening to the context of the questions/conversation surrounding the $100,000 comment, I’m 100% certain that he was figuratively speaking. The way he said it is an offhand example of “a large sum” of money. I don’t believe that that amount of money existed. Not that much, I mean.

And didn’t the VI mention there was cash in a safe in the shop? Or did I read that somewhere else? It seems like that family members were aware of the cash in the shop.

JMHO.

I think it’s important for us to remember that not everything is facts that we hear, and read. It’s important not to take everything as literally as it sounds.

I adore Philip Klein. He’s going to solve this case. If you watch him in interviews on other cases, he “talks between the lines” a lot. He gives the answers without really giving the answers.

By watching and listening to the context of the questions/conversation surrounding the $100,000 comment, I’m 100% certain that he was figuratively speaking. The way he said it is an offhand example of “a large sum” of money. I don’t believe that that amount of money existed. Not that much, I mean.

And didn’t the VI mention there was cash in a safe in the shop? Or did I read that somewhere else? It seems like that family members were aware of the cash in the shop.

JMHO.

That makes a lot of sense actually. All we know is that there was a large amount. But I get the feeling that very few knew about the cash in the shop in particular. Come to think of it, she could have been planning on using it to pay the "helping hand" for his part, but when she realized others knew about it, she couldn't just hand it over without someone questioning her about it. Another problem is she still has to pay... and I think the person would want their money sooner rather than later, so she has to scramble around selling things in order to get the money fast.

I have googled and googled and I can't find where JC2 was named as the contractor that was injured. Only that an independent contractor was injured.

I should listen again but did Klein say there was $100,000 cash in a box in the garage? I remember it was just a large amt of cash.

He did say $100,000 in garage . Didn't say how much in truck. Maybe he used $100,000 as talking point to suggest a very large amt? Figurative language? I should know for sure after two listens. [emoji50] I'm one of those people who never gets sarcasm, innuendos, jokes. Very literal. [emoji21]

I understand. I am very literal too and I
have a need to know exactly what is what. [emoji46]
He did say $100,000 in garage . Didn't say how much in truck. Maybe he used $100,000 as talking point to suggest a very large amt? Figurative language? I should know for sure after two listens. [emoji50] I'm one of those people who never gets sarcasm, innuendos, jokes. Very literal. [emoji21]

I have googled and googled and I can't find where JC2 was named as the contractor that was injured. Only that an independent contractor was injured.

And you won't find anything with his name publicly associated with this. It's very real and did happen to him unfortunately.

And you won't find anything with his name publicly associated with this. It's very real and did happen to him unfortunately.

Extremely unfortunate. Praying for him, and your family.

I have been and will be praying for you and Justin, cchambrers18. You and your family have been through so much. Please take good care of him and yourself. Hugs.

Thank you for the update. Please pass along our prayers for healing and peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member