Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A question. In the interview Klein speaks of the PI on the "other side". How he respects him. Does anyone know who he is talking about (PI) and who is "the other side"? Becca, LE, another family member? I am in the dark. TYIA

And you won't find anything with his name publicly associated with this. It's very real and did happen to him unfortunately.
I am sorry to hear this cchambers18.
Is he still in intensive care? What is his prognosis (if you don't mind saying).
Hope you're ok.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

I noticed that too. I also noticed that he really seemed to be throwing shade between the lines when talking about him.
A question. In the interview Klein speaks of the PI on the "other side". How he respects him. Does anyone know who he is talking about (PI) and who is "the other side"? Becca, LE, another family member? I am in the dark. TYIA

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

And you won't find anything with his name publicly associated with this. It's very real and did happen to him unfortunately.
Yall have been on my mind. So much trauma for yall to cope with in the past few years! Make sure to take time for yourself and get support and help anytime you need it <3

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That was confusing to me, too. I wasn't sure if he said PI, or just investigator, so was thinking he was referring to the HCSO detective investigating the case. Maybe ?

That makes a lot of sense actually. All we know is that there was a large amount. But I get the feeling that very few knew about the cash in the shop in particular. Come to think of it, she could have been planning on using it to pay the "helping hand" for his part, but when she realized others knew about it, she couldn't just hand it over without someone questioning her about it. Another problem is she still has to pay... and I think the person would want their money sooner rather than later, so she has to scramble around selling things in order to get the money fast.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Klein said he believes there was no "hit" involved in this case, as do I. I've always felt that if foul play was involved, it was possibly not a super well-planned murder in advance, but rather an altercation that happened on the spot. With at least 2 people involved ( at least, in moving a body), I certainly can't be at all sure of that.

I think it&#8217;s important for us to remember that not everything is facts that we hear, and read. It&#8217;s important not to take everything as literally as it sounds.

I adore Philip Klein. He&#8217;s going to solve this case. If you watch him in interviews on other cases, he &#8220;talks between the lines&#8221; a lot. He gives the answers without really giving the answers.

By watching and listening to the context of the questions/conversation surrounding the $100,000 comment, I&#8217;m 100% certain that he was figuratively speaking. The way he said it is an offhand example of &#8220;a large sum&#8221; of money. I don&#8217;t believe that that amount of money existed. Not that much, I mean.

And didn&#8217;t the VI mention there was cash in a safe in the shop? Or did I read that somewhere else? It seems like that family members were aware of the cash in the shop.

JMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Are you by any chance thinking of the Pike Co., Ohio massacre, where it was said there was a safe with cash in garage/outbuilding, Save? I don't remember our VI here ever mentioning knowing about any money in MC's shop. As always, I could be wrong.

RBBM

My husband has been missing for barely a month, and I can’t pay my bills! Therefore, I must have him declared deceased ... oh by the way, I have $100,000 in cash to my name ... whatever.

I’m finding it interesting that apparently, the cash was not included in the “Inventory, Appraisement and List of Claims”:

1fb68abbddb8c508bc6805075b25c2c6.jpg

So why not? The possibilities that I can think of are:

1. It was somehow assumed the money belonged only to BC and that none of it belonged to MC. Otherwise, MC’s half, $50,000, would have been included in the list, meaning that money would have been deposited into the County-Clerk-controlled account, which BC cannot touch for three years, counting from the day MC was declared deceased (June 7, 2017).

2. BC told her probate attorney the cash existed, and
1) it is perfectly legal for her to not disclose this information for probate purposes;
2) BC and the attorney together decided not to disclose the information because cash cannot be traced.

3. BC did not tell her attorney about the money.

ETA: 4. If BC was involved, she used the $100,000 to pay off those who helped her.

In any case, BC doesn’t seem particularly honest to me. So again, was there life insurance or not?

As to how MC might have been killed (I hate that I have to write that), after hearing Mr. Klein mention a possible cerebrospinal fluid leak in explaining why the blood was so red, my thoughts are he might have been shot and/or hit with the dowel in the back of the head.

From the listing for the house:

“On the property it also has a great insulated shop with electricity and a full restroom, including shower. It's a home you will want to see! (BBM)

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/7044-Fm-2101_Quinlan_TX_75474_M74030-86352

Looking at one of the photos from the listing, I suspect it’s the little enclosed area next to the refrigerator:

2e91b3c4a10d9958a88215ccf7bf68cc.jpg

Could someone have been hiding in there and shot MC from behind as he walked into the garage, before he even knew what was going on? Or maybe MC was hit with the dowel, in which case there would have been blood spatters, IMO, but at least one of those responsible probably had plenty of time to clean up the crime scene. Plus, HCSO didn’t even treat the garage as a crime scene, so ....

I also find it interesting that our VI never mentioned the bathroom. Did BC ask her not to, and if so, what was her explanation?

About 10 minutes into the video, I started getting goosebumps. By 15 minutes into it, I thought I was going to throw up. Poor MC and his poor children.

After watching the video, I now think there were at least three people involved in MC’s disappearance. I hope and pray Mr. Klein can get one of them to turn against the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hogging up the thread with all my posts in a row, but I do recall the VI mentioning the bathroom, and that there were no signs that MC or anyone did any "clean-up" in there after he went missing.

It also sounds like the dowel wouldn't have been anywhere near large or heavy enough to knock someone out or do much damage if it was used to hit a person. Dowels do come in different sizes, but Klein's description makes it seem as if it were pretty lightweight. That's the main reason I am still so puzzled as to how MC's blood got on it, unless it was used to "stab" at him, or he grabbed it after injury, out of desperation, to try and swat somebody away from him. It would have been pretty useless for that, but I just can't come up with anything else.

Klein said he believes there was no "hit" involved in this case, as do I. I've always felt that if foul play was involved, it was possibly not a super well-planned murder in advance, but rather an altercation that happened on the spot. With at least 2 people involved ( at least, in moving a body), I certainly can't be at all sure of that.

Just because an exchange of money might have happened, doesnt necessarily make it a hit. Her boyfriend is probably the killer and the other person just the extra muscle. He could have been promised money to keep his mouth shut.. I have a hard time believing that it wasn't planned, being that it involved 2 or more people... 3 including BC.

Are you by any chance thinking of the Pike Co., Ohio massacre, where it was said there was a safe with cash in garage/outbuilding, Save? I don't remember our VI here ever mentioning knowing about any money in MC's shop. As always, I could be wrong.

I’ve never heard of the Pike Co. Massacre, so no. lol It may not have been the VI, but I’ve specifically seen that information in regards to this case.

Just because an exchange of money might have happened, doesnt necessarily make it a hit. Her boyfriend is probably the killer and the other person just the extra muscle. He could have been promised money to keep his mouth shut.. I have a hard time believing that it wasn't planned, being that it involved 2 or more people... 3 including BC.

I’m with you. I don’t believe it was a “professional” hit, as in a professional hit man. But I definitely believe that it was a well thought out, planned, and executed hit. I don’t believe for one second that this was a crime of opportunity. And I feel there were most definitely two or more people involved.

I’ve never heard of the Pike Co. Massacre, so no. lol It may not have been the VI, but I’ve specifically seen that information in regards to this case.

I could have sworn it was briefly mentioned back at the beginning of all this and then kind of forgotten about.. like the dowel. Maybe it was on the BPH page??

I’m with you. I don’t believe it was a “professional” hit, as in a professional hit man. But I definitely believe that it was a well thought out, planned, and executed hit. I don’t believe for one second that this was a crime of opportunity. And I feel there were most definitely two or more people involved.

Nailed it!

I have to agree. BC went back to work that day! This was thought out and planned. So far, the planned worked. Not for long though!

I'm hogging up the thread with all my posts in a row, but I do recall the VI mentioning the bathroom, and that there were no signs that MC or anyone did any "clean-up" in there after he went missing.

It also sounds like the dowel wouldn't have been anywhere near large or heavy enough to knock someone out or do much damage if it was used to hit a person. Dowels do come in different sizes, but Klein's description makes it seem as if it were pretty lightweight. That's the main reason I am still so puzzled as to how MC's blood got on it, unless it was used to "stab" at him, or he grabbed it after injury, out of desperation, to try and swat somebody away from him. It would have been pretty useless for that, but I just can't come up with anything else.

Thank you for the correction, Tripod! You are absolutely right:

“There is a concerning amount, but not a fatal amount. There is a sink, but the blood trail leads to the door, not the bathroom.” (BBM)

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ounty-10-March-2017-1&p=13305714#post13305714

As to the dowel, it’s a mystery to me, too.

Here are a couple of things our VI told us about the dowel back in August:

August 11, 2017:
“They [HCSO] took the dowel, but not the first day. I believe my uncle noticed it, or maybe one of the car show guys, and brought it up so they came out and collected it. They missed it in their ‘processing’ of the scene.” (BBM)

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ounty-10-March-2017-3&p=13562674#post13562674

August 14, 2017:
“I wasn’t t present when the dowel rod was found and was only given a second-hand description of it. My understanding is that it was leaning against one of the cars in the shop, the one closest to the pool of blood.” (BBM)

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ounty-10-March-2017-3&p=13562796#post13562796

And here are some things she shared about the blood found inside the shop:

June 12, 2017:
“There were no footprints in the blood. Also, no drag marks in the blood.” (BBM)

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ounty-10-March-2017-3&p=13562796#post13562796

June 14, 2017:
“I saw the blood in the days after he went missing (I didn't know about it until Saturday and couldn't get there until Sunday). On Sunday, when I first saw it, it was dried. OVer the next couple of days, I can't remember what day because I didn't think it would matter... it was crystallizing. To me, that says that it was fresh on Friday and not from an old wound.

There are no drag marks or smears at all. The pool is made up of many gathered drops - not like he had been laying there or like it had dripped down his leg, more like it had fallen from a distance off his arm or ear or nose or something higher than his leg. The blood drops are like big splats (a little smaller than a quarter) - no direction or teardropping to them, straight down - all of them in the pool look that way and all of the ones on the way to the door do as well. The ones on the way to the door are more than 2 feet apart each, and stop completely about 3~ feet from the door. There are no drops on the concrete pad outside the shop, none on the deck surrounding the concrete pad, none in the dirt either.

I'm sure I'm not supposed to share all of that, but at this point, I don't care. Hopefully some of you are able to help given this information.

I hope someone can answer about testing whether the blood came from his nose or not, that would be interesting to know and at least might help eliminate something if it can't confirm it.” (BBM)

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ounty-10-March-2017-1&p=13436511#post13436511

Whereas Mr. Klein says (paraphrasing) there was a large amount found both on the floor and the dowel.

It appears to him MC might have been hit over the head, “dog-walked” (two people holding each end of the body), placed on a tarp and carried out of the garage via the garage door, based on the fact that there was no blood found outside and the patterns of droplets.

So the VI first saw the blood two days after MC went missing. IIRC, Mr. Klein said he studied photos of the scene, which I assume were taken the night of or the day after the disappearance (though I do not believe he said exactly when).

I just cannot reconcile the vast differences between their respective descriptions of what the blood looked like.

Mr. Klein also said he did not believe the scene was staged.

Is it possible, though, that some clean-up was done between the time the pictures were taken to when the VI saw the blood? The VI also stated HCSO took the dowel, but not the first day, and that “they missed it in their ‘processing’ of the scene.” Or is it possible the dowel was not there during the processing of the scene, but it was placed there sometime between Friday and whenever it was found?

But then I cannot think of a single motive for doing either one of these, and it also sounds way too risky, as there probably were many, many people, including LE, on and off the property looking for MC during that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By the way, I was reading some of our VI’s older posts and came across this one. I must have completely forgotten about it:

July 27, 2017:
“The family does NOT believe Papaw committed suicide. We do believe he is missing due to foul play of some sort. In talking to BC, she is adamant that there were no signs or indicators of possible suicidal tendencies. All weapons are accounted for (doesn't mean much, but at least that means he would have had to go out of his way). Those who know Papaw know that he is NOT the kind to commit suicide, and would never do that to his family. Our family is in continuous conversation, and at no point has suicide been brought up as a real possibility. I text BC often, saying I wish we had answers, she continues in saying that she wishes for answers as well. I think after almost 20 weeks, if she knew he committed suicide, she would have at least hinted that it was possible.“ (BBM)

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ounty-10-March-2017-2&p=13527932#post13527932

I wonder if Meeks has seen this post.

Same feeling here. When Klein said he didn’t think it was a hit because they made mistakes, I thought- not a professional hit. A hit by someone he knew, something planned by a couple/few beginners, amateurs- absolutely. JMO.

That's the sticking point :) There are probably various other benefits for "friends," but money sure can talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo