Found Safe TX - Michele Roode Boyd, 41, San Antonio, 24 Nov 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I want to believe....
Hello, this is Michele's husband. I noticed this site and looked at the posts. I see everyone having a lot of questions and theories. I hope I can help resolve a few.

1. Her hair - She cut her hair a few days prior - pixie cut, bleached it, and used kool-aid to die the tip of her bangs. She got the idea from some random girl in a magazine which she cut out and posted in one of her 27 spiral notebooks she wrote in.

2. We were not in the process of divorce. We had a mutual separation and were literally 2 miles from each other. I picked up my daughter from school everyday and brought her back to the house. I saw her everyday. I stayed there for a few weeks but she felt better to have some physical space between us so we could "find ourselves" again. There was no hostility at all.

3. She was the sole money maker which was agreed between us for our own reasons. I worked at the same company for 10 years before this decision.

4. She is the love of my life. I dispise social media. I didn't mind using facebook as a way to reach out but I do not post much. Not because I dont care, just don't like it. I have to take care of things here at home. Finding a job, paying bills, child care, etc. This came out of nowhere and the entire thing is on my plate.

5. I have driven close to 2000 miles total looking for her. As in, 2000 miles in san antonio. I go out every opportunity I can. At this point, I do not feel like she is in the same area. So, I am investigating other areas.

6. If any of you have been with a family member or friend with a mental health issue, especially of the paranoid kind, she puts up a front for anyone she does not trust or she would feel ashamed or embarrassed about them knowing. When I say there were issues that arised up to 3 months prior, it isnt something I made up. I lived through it and she admitted she needed help. It had resolved itself (I thought) but after I moved out, I suspect it went all downhill since she had no release or anyone to talk to about it.

7. When I came back to the house on Thanksgiving, she had gone through the house re-arranging everything, taking pictures down, had all kinds of things in random places that people wouldnt put. Hard to explain but it was not normal thinking process.

8. I hesitated saying anything about her state of mind. I didn't want to embarass her but as you can see, she still isn't back. So I felt it was necessary.

9. Nothing was hacked on any account. I gained access to all of her accounts and she did that on purpose. She is paranoid. She thinks she is trying to throw people off track. Things she is doing dont make sense which makes this extremely hard. People are watching, recording, testing her. She feels like she is a puppet in some master plan. It is hard to watch and experience.

10. As people have mentioned, she wouldnt have left our daughter. The only thing I can think of is she decided at some point during the day to do this and decided not to bring her on this journey she is on. I thank God she didnt.

11. I will say I do not believe she was meeting anyone. She is about as straight as they get. We are devout Christians, very faithful and love each other. She was doing this to protect us from these "people". I could give evidence of this but I am not going to exploit her private writing anymore than it has been. I really don't know what she did that night but she has no experience living on the streets, hell even alone, so no idea what she did that night. Since she is paranoid I doubt she went up to a stranger on one of the worst sides of San Antonio in the middle of the night and asked for help.

12. When the car was found it was locked. Not sure where the unlocked car thing came from. When the tow truck driver got there, there were 2 guys who had just gotten int it but luckily had not stolen anything (that I know of). Tablet was still in there so doesnt seem like it. The spare key she was using to drive was in the backseat floorboard. She might have locked herself out honestly. But of course didnt want to call me to unlock it for obvious reasons.

13. She hadn't worked in 3 weeks ( I think, maybe more). She called in, used vacation days, and census was low so she got called off.

14. The separation thing was super spontaneous and came out of nowhere. I still dont fully understand. I did agree that we needed to work on ourselves more and that is what we were in the process of doing. Things were actually getting better between us, so what made her flip, I dont know. I think possibly not having me there to do all the things I normally took care of was quite overwhelming for her. Seemed to spiral out of control the few days before due to some of the things she did.

15. She said she was coming over to my brothers for Thanksgiving. She agreed to bring a few bags of ice and would be there in a certain timeframe. After a few calls and texts, she didnt answer. I went to the house and it looks like she left in a whirlwind. It is just bizzare. She gets super stressed during holidays, so that on top of all the other issues she was going through, probably put her over the edge.

16. Why she has not contacted anyone? Not sure. She did make a few comments in her notebooks of trying to change the world and healthcare system. Other things as well but I dont feel like I should say them here. It is possible she felt like she needed to leave everything behind to hide from these people, protect us, and try to make it on her own. She has nothing that identifies her, so that is my guess.

i will try and check back for comments but I am going out tomorrow to look for her while my daughter is in school. Hope I cleared some things up.

Thanks,

Seth

Good job Gig Tu!
Her Mom said that she too felt that Michele had been acting a little strange and supposedly her co-workers noticed something as well. I'm not sure what they had noticed. I too would like to speak with a co-worker. She was obsessed with the book, as has been stated by her brother and her mom. It is my understanding that she had been out of work for a few weeks. I did notice a little blue in her hair. Hard to see but I think I see it. She could certainly been set up maybe even following orders. You make good points!

I really would like to know how Michele first came across the book.

I researched the book after the book was mentioned in the husband's post (here). I spent many hours trying to find any "cult activity" that included trying to stop people from finding out who wrote what, or delivered what to whom. Yes, people who received the book were curious and did try to find out who master minded the 'event', but overall they were all very accepting that someone inside their inner circle was determined to not be found out as part of the rouse and experiment. For that person, remaining forever anonymous is probably part of the fun and part of what makes the 'book' special. Keep in mind, the people who received a copy of the book are scholars and thinkers and travel in scholarly circles for the most part. Not just anyone got a book, and some books had special entries inside. Each book was specifically made for only the specific people. This was very much an inner circle only book, which is a delight to the recipients.

<jmo> I honestly can't understand why anyone else on earth would care about this book, or the author(s).

I believe I did that research in May or June of 2017. The only slightly sinister activity was an RSS (reddit) feed, that ended up being a bunch of computer geeks messing with each other and talking rudely. It did take a dark path that included other missing persons, but that skewed so far away from finding the authors of the book, I cannot relate them even if the evil content started in the thread about the book. Maybe Michele was one of those people and she took it personally. I am confident that there is nothing like a cult out there that hunts people to keep them from learning the truth, not even on the deep web. If Michele believed a cult was tracking her and posting images of her family, either she was delusional or someone was messing with her mind. </jmo>

“By July, Joe Roode told me the other day, his sister claimed she was so close to identifying them a cult began targeting her online, even placing images of her relatives in online ads. He told his sister he was skeptical of her illogical conclusions and worried about her. The two stopped talking about the book.”

This confirms that someone other than husband felt her behavior was illogical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I check on google maps and everything is in the same general area. Remember, they did a lot of walking. I was thinking that the car was parked at the rest. and they walked from there to Walgreens and the to BK. That's a good amount of walking. I guess the idea was not to leave the car in a wide open area. I feel more concerned with a mental state and how she got there.

Los Dos Laredos

f3867b497968392909efe9e71b330728.jpg

The location of her car

62b1092c846340994e90a581f409bdec.jpg

The drive through part where her car was said to be found
fe68e50a2671281e9eaf1db8a4f97708.jpg

Convenience store within walking distance and Mexican meat market right next door
0a114832fd9e04188521caebf7924255.jpg

158f15df2d84e32ef3c6262a0912bd48.jpg

Bringing forward for reference

c08af4134a9f21a313696f306c2fc91b.jpg

Looking down rigsby

252862623442f31759676d29b33c5bf3.jpg

Down the road

a1e71677e58b83adb26e06ffce198120.jpg

Down further

e89c4bc901f522e60a692f39822b2ec3.jpg

Whataburger

dd435404c466be87b6691942eaa8e52b.jpg

Bus stop

If any of you sleuthers are Texans, might you know where the homeless camps are located? I have heard of Tent City on Haven for Hope Way. It&#8217;s hard to get info. Seems to me that one would have to be there for awhile and basically survey the different areas 24/7. Or set oneself as homeless among the crowd.

I’m from Texas but don’t know the camps in SA. Most of the camps move around often because of police and land owners. A lot of cities make it illegal for anyone to camp other than in a camp ground. Kerrville Texas will arrest you for “illegal camping”.

I'm from Texas, but am not familiar in the least with any homeless camps. I just see the pan handlers.
I'd love for family, friends, or coworkers, to get on the news and be interviewed for articles. The media is so willling to help. Why do you think someone close to Michele hasn't reached out? Michele has been missing for too long! Her poor daughter.

Her Mom has recently been in touch with the local news station and I believe they will be doing an update. Will try to find out when. Thanks! I think I will call Haven for Hope again and see if I can get more info on the homeless camps and/or call the police. They know where they are, I'm pretty sure. I googled homeless in San Antonio awhile back and read an article about their camps. Interesting!

Here is an article from 2016 on the "homeless camps" throughout San Antonio: https://therivardreport.com/photo-gallery-no-end-in-sight-of-homeless-camps-in-san-antonio/

It sounds like it is not that there are only a few places but MANY places where the homeless may be. I don't think the police will be able to give you any specific info of where to check as the homeless move around as their camps are cleaned out every few months. If you go to San Antonio, drive around and look under bridges, walk through parks, take a walk a little bit in any woods behind businesses and check abandoned homes or shuttered businesses and you are sure to find evidence of the homeless having slept there. Do not go to these places alone and go in the day time. Check the laws of San Antonio first, but if it is legal, you can make up some small "blessing bags" like this: https://www.thriftynorthwestmom.com/blessing-bags-assemble-bags-keep-hand-need/
to give to any homeless people you find. Or just give some bottled water or something small if you can't afford to make up blessing bags. Giving them something will give you a few minutes to talk to the people and ask if they have seen Michele. Take some flyers you can give out and make sure the phone number on the flyer is a local San Antonio number that goes to someone working on her case. Expect to receive a lot of false tips. Some will be honest mistaken identity, others will be people claiming they saw her because they hope you will come back and bring them more items, others will just say it because they may have been drunk or high and seen her picture before and they can't tell the difference between reality and a photograph. I'm not trying to discourage you-- far from it-- but it is difficult both physically and emotionally to work with the homeless. You will need to do a lot of pounding the pavement and you won't come out of this experience the same.

I'll look forward to reading the article with the interview with Michele's mom.

Thank you! I've been getting the feeling that that would be what it takes to find a homeless person. I am already so very thankful for what I have! Thank you again!

Here is an article from 2016 on the "homeless camps" throughout San Antonio: https://therivardreport.com/photo-gallery-no-end-in-sight-of-homeless-camps-in-san-antonio/

It sounds like it is not that there are only a few places but MANY places where the homeless may be. I don't think the police will be able to give you any specific info of where to check as the homeless move around as their camps are cleaned out every few months. If you go to San Antonio, drive around and look under bridges, walk through parks, take a walk a little bit in any woods behind businesses and check abandoned homes or shuttered businesses and you are sure to find evidence of the homeless having slept there. Do not go to these places alone and go in the day time. Check the laws of San Antonio first, but if it is legal, you can make up some small "blessing bags" like this: https://www.thriftynorthwestmom.com/blessing-bags-assemble-bags-keep-hand-need/
to give to any homeless people you find. Or just give some bottled water or something small if you can't afford to make up blessing bags. Giving them something will give you a few minutes to talk to the people and ask if they have seen Michele. Take some flyers you can give out and make sure the phone number on the flyer is a local San Antonio number that goes to someone working on her case. Expect to receive a lot of false tips. Some will be honest mistaken identity, others will be people claiming they saw her because they hope you will come back and bring them more items, others will just say it because they may have been drunk or high and seen her picture before and they can't tell the difference between reality and a photograph. I'm not trying to discourage you-- far from it-- but it is difficult both physically and emotionally to work with the homeless. You will need to do a lot of pounding the pavement and you won't come out of this experience the same.

I'll look forward to reading the article with the interview with Michele's mom.
Gardener :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

Gardener :heartbeat:

Yep Gardener rocks!

:blushing: Love you both too.:loveyou: I have never been to San Antonio but I speak from a tiny bit of experience trying to help homeless in large cities. I should do more, but it is too hard sometimes. Dealing with the homeless will both break your heart into a million pieces and harden you against them at the same time. It is just hard.

Turning the conversation back to Michele, I don't believe she is living homeless. However, if her family believes she is homeless (and still in San Antonio) the above is what they must do to find her. They must immerse themselves in helping the homeless on a daily/weekly basis and gain their trust. JMHO. Is anyone even organizing searches for her or hanging flyers?

Why don't you think she is living homeless? Would love to hear your insight!

:blushing: Love you both too.:loveyou: I have never been to San Antonio but I speak from a tiny bit of experience trying to help homeless in large cities. I should do more, but it is too hard sometimes. Dealing with the homeless will both break your heart into a million pieces and harden you against them at the same time. It is just hard.

Turning the conversation back to Michele, I don't believe she is living homeless. However, if her family believes she is homeless (and still in San Antonio) the above is what they must do to find her. They must immerse themselves in helping the homeless on a daily/weekly basis and gain their trust. JMHO. Is anyone even organizing searches for her or hanging flyers?

You're awesome, Gardener!! I guess I third that!

Why don't you think she is living homeless? Would love to hear your insight!

Just a gut instinct. I could be wrong, but it does not make sense to me. The homeless are not all on the streets for the same reasons-- every person is an individual with their own story of how they ended up there. That said, there are common reasons/life situations that lead to people ending up homeless. Some of the factors that go hand-in-hand with homelessness are: Drug Addiction and Alcoholism, Trafficking/Sex Work, Unemployment, No Social/Family Support Network, Limited Education, Domestic Violence, PTSD (Especially in Veterans) and SOME forms of Mental Illness. IMHO, Michele does NOT fit the profile of a person likely to end up homeless in ONLY A DAY'S TIME. Anyone could end up there or choose to go there BUT middle-aged women with long time careers, advanced education and family support networks, who also have ZERO history of drug or alcohol abuse and no reason to flee their home (i.e. ongoing domestic violence) DO NOT usually end up on the street in only a day's time.

If there is a mental illness issue that drives someone with a family/job/stable home life to live on the street, the onset of that mental issue is usually gradual. There are warning signs before a person gets to that point. We see cases where people with Azheimer's or Schizophrenia run away from their family members and may end up on the street. But there were red flags. Also, usually, those type of missing persons can be recovered since they did not intend to be homeless. My Opinion Only-- but the type of mental illness described by her husband and brother are not behaviors that lend themselves well to living on the street undetected for long periods of time. They said she was acting paranoid and doing odd things like rearranging the furniture and writing in journals (implies obsessive type behavior perhaps). A paranoid person would not be standing on a corner in traffic chatting with another homeless person as the woman who was photographed was doing, JMO. Even if Michele had a mental breakdown and abandoned her daughter, it does not make sense that she would STILL be on the streets after over a year without being found. Perhaps she made a planned escape and is living in an apartment under an alias somewhere. Perhaps someone is helping her or sheltering her--but again, that doesn't make sense to me because of how her daughter was left at a store. If she had planned the departure it seems like she would have planned it better and at least taken the bag she had packed.

Sadly, what DOES make the most sense to me is that Michele either committed suicide or became the victim of foul play. And I lean towards foul play. This is only because I have seen it in case after case here. I hope that I am wrong. I would love to be wrong so that Michele's daughter can have her mother back.

I want Michele to have left on her own. But, I don't think she did. The most bizarre part of this case is
  • finding the daughter alone in the night, outside and unprotected
  • the daughter stated her mommy threw away the cell phone
She either left voluntarily or someone disappeared her. But I can't make sense of those two things yet consider foul play at the same time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back