Found Safe TX - Michele Roode Boyd, 41, San Antonio, 24 Nov 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article207677239.html

Boyd was being treated at WakeMed from March 17-19, and her care cost $136,428.47, according to an arrest warrant. Boyd, initially known only as Jane Doe to hospital officials, told them her name was Jessie Brown, police charged.

How is this cost possible?!?! That's obscene.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
That amount doesn't surprise me. The way health care pricing is done is to coerce people into the health insurance market by having obscene charges if you don't have it. When it comes to the uninsured, the pricing of the services comes from the specific hospital's ChargeMaster. The prices are very high. The costs of the uninsured are passed on to either the state (in this case, North Carolina) via a back-dated Medicaid application or the uninsured/catastrophic fund or back through charges added on to insurance companies for insured individuals or a combination of those.

For example, when my daughter was born the bill to the insurance company was not only the charges incurred for my daughter but a 110 percent add-on charge to pay into the uninsured fund for the state in order to pay for a future uninsured person needing the same services.

Typically with health insurance the amount charged to the insurance company would be only 20 to 25 percent of the amount you would see in the ChargeMaster with the insured person only responsible for their deductible and maximum annual out of pocket cost. Medicaid, Medicare, and private insurance companies all have negotiated rates for each service they cover - effectively this is the Charge Master for Medicaid/Medicare/insurance company that the hospital agrees to accept. If you go out-of-network or have a service performed that your insurance does not cover you will be charged that specific hospital's ChargeMaster rate.

Most bankruptcies that are caused by health care costs can be directly attributed to this pricing system.

Another media report on the fraud charges related to Michele's medical stay at WakeMed.
http://www.cbs17.com/news/local-new...ed-to-defraud-wakemed-warrants-say/1094322726

[FONT=&amp]Those charges are in relation to Boyd's stay at WakeMed in Raleigh from March 17 through March 19. According to the warrant, Boyd, "with the intent to cheat and defraud, obtain[ed] medical treatment and services from WakeMed by means of a false pretense which was calculated to deceive and did deceive."[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Boyd withheld her true identity and told medical personnel that her name was "Jessie Brown" during her stay at the hospital, according to the warrant. The value of the care she received, and provided a false identity for, was worth $136,428.47.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]She is also accused of obtaining a prescription for hydrocortisone 10mg from WakeMed while using a false identity.[/FONT]

What I am curious about is whether Michele is allergic to something specific and ingested it to cause anaphylaxis or anaphylactic shock. At any rate, the use of the hydrocortisone doesn't seem consistent with seizure treatment which is what her mom had said occurred (likely via Michele). Given the high dollar amount in the fraud charge whatever occurred either had to be on the order of anaphylactic shock or uncontrolled seizures. At no time while Michele was missing was any mention made that she was on medication (let alone anti-seizure medication) so I am looking in the direction of anaphylaxis.

Another media report on the fraud charges related to Michele's medical stay at WakeMed.
http://www.cbs17.com/news/local-new...ed-to-defraud-wakemed-warrants-say/1094322726

What I am curious about is whether Michele is allergic to something specific and ingested it to cause anaphylaxis or anaphylactic shock. At any rate, the use of the hydrocortisone doesn't seem consistent with seizure treatment which is what her mom had said occurred (likely via Michele). Given the high dollar amount in the fraud charge whatever occurred either had to be on the order of anaphylactic shock or uncontrolled seizures. At no time while Michele was missing was any mention made that she was on medication (let alone anti-seizure medication) so I am looking in the direction of anaphylaxis.

Her flyer from the first post of this thread said she had a medical condition requiring medical care, but you are right that no more info was ever released about that medical condition or what medications she may need:

cache.php

if she truly was having a medical incident that needed treatment, I think these charges are trumped up. sure shes wrong for lying about her identity tho, but she needed care.

Could "hydrocortisone" be a typo for "hydrocodone"? Since hydrocodone is a controlled substance, it seems like it would be considered more of a crime to trick your way into a prescription for it.

And it's an easy error to make.

Could "hydrocortisone" be a typo for "hydrocodone"? Since hydrocodone is a controlled substance, it seems like it would be considered more of a crime to trick your way into a prescription for it.

And it's an easy error to make.

I wondered as I take Hydrocodone 10mg.

I’m just still amazed at how different she looks and how this whole thing turned out. I’m not surprised she was eventually found but I’m horrified at all the information we found out about how she left that poor child. At first I admit I was taking the mental health excuse, but the more I think about it the more I think she could have left that child with her father or other family members. She had to know she was putting her in danger even with mental illness. She was a nurse, a person who is suppose to care for others. She should have known better no matter what. Thank goodness the store clerk found her and not some perv child molester. To imagine what could have happened is unthinkable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michele's court date in Wake County, North Carolina is coming May 1st - she is still in jail there.
http://p2c.wakeso.net/InmateDetail.aspx?navid=636607281229260478

On another topic, I know some news articles mentioned that she used an alias - Jessie Brown. VineLink shows that she also has another alias - Kerman Emergent. Odd alias to have. Haven't been able to find it anywhere in use yet. But I wonder what the origins and use of such a name would be.

Michele's court date in Wake County, North Carolina is coming May 1st - she is still in jail there.
http://p2c.wakeso.net/InmateDetail.aspx?navid=636607281229260478

On another topic, I know some news articles mentioned that she used an alias - Jessie Brown. VineLink shows that she also has another alias - Kerman Emergent. Odd alias to have. Haven't been able to find it anywhere in use yet. But I wonder what the origins and use of such a name would be.

Kerman is a city in California: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerman,_California

Wasn't there some activity with her email account suggesting she could be in California?

This is Michele's husband and I thought I would check back again and clear some things up for you guys so you stop guessing lol.

First, I would like to thank and praise the people that complimented me. This has been THE hardest things i have ever had to endure. I originally did not say much about our daughter, to AVOID the focus being on the crime and rather the focus being on finding Michele.

1. The confusion with my other daughters statement. CPS/school counselor got that completely twisted up. She was trying to tell them what she knew happened with the real incident and somehow got that out of it. I mean really, if my wife had done something similar the same day, then I gave her back like it was no big deal? That is the most idiotic logic I've heard. Whoever took the report needs to find a new profession.

2. (We know now) She 100% suffers from mental illness. I will not go into details but she does.

3. I agree, the hospital bill is outrageous. Of course, that amount was the base cost, automatically cut in half with insurance discounts alone. What they dont tell you is that I flew out there the day after she was arrested, saw Michele, then went to the hospital and gave them her ID and insurance information. The representative there told me they would not file charges because of my honesty and made the effort to fix what had happened. They followed thru with that huh...

4. She was in the hospital 10 days. 7 of them she was comatose (ICU = big bill). When she woke up she gave them the name she had been for a year. Then reality set in momentarily and she contacted us. I am not sure how the police found out but I have an idea.

5. The NC charges are basically gone now. After spending 30+ hours (cumulative) on the phone, I finally got the hospital to get the correct documentation to the right insurance. Yes, this entire problem was caused by the hospital filing the claim to the wrong insurance so it was denied. So I had to clean it up. Makes sense right? Pff. All this did is delay her getting back here to receive real treatment, not to mention cost me wayyyy more money than I needed to spend.

6. I am 99% sure she will be getting treatment over jail. The 1% is if the judge is having a horrible day and wants to go against the DA. Doubt that. She has 0 criminal history and gained constant recognition as a nurse, not to mention that anyone that knew her prior to this was in unbelievable shock. I dont think she has even gotren a speeding ticket...

In closing, I want to say that the mind is powerful. After all this, I cannot emphasize enough to respect it. If you have troubling thoughts, odd behavior, constant paranoia, depression, etc... get help. If you know someone like this, seek help..to help them correctly. If you sit idly by thinking it's a phase or harmless, you could be in for some life changing events that you NEVER thought you would. In retrospect, I have become a stronger person, father, husband, Christian, and friend but obviously this is not the optimal route to achieve this. It was a path I wouldn't send my worst enemy down.

Edit - I saw the comment on Kerman Emergent. That is the name the hospital gave her. It's a strange alternative to Jane Doe I guess.

Thank you so much for coming on here and speaking about this very personal issue. Prayers for y’all [emoji1374].
I’m sure it’s hard to read a bunch of strangers contemplating and analyzing your lives. Just know we mean well and are here to try to help bring people home.
Bless you for all you have been through and God speed on your journey forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Rascal. I am truly blessed for being lucky enough to have this solved. The emotions involved with a missing loved one can never be fully explained. The best way I can explain it is, all of them. Sometimes at once and sometimes changing daily.

You are a good man. Michele and your daughters are incredibly blessed to have you in their lives! I will be praying for peace and healing for all of you.
Thanks Rascal. I am truly blessed for being lucky enough to have this solved. The emotions involved with a missing loved one can never be fully explained. The best way I can explain it is, all of them. Sometimes at once and sometimes changing daily.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

This is Michele's husband and I thought I would check back again and clear some things up for you guys so you stop guessing lol.

First, I would like to thank and praise the people that complimented me. This has been THE hardest things i have ever had to endure. I originally did not say much about our daughter, to AVOID the focus being on the crime and rather the focus being on finding Michele.

1. The confusion with my other daughters statement. CPS/school counselor got that completely twisted up. She was trying to tell them what she knew happened with the real incident and somehow got that out of it. I mean really, if my wife had done something similar the same day, then I gave her back like it was no big deal? That is the most idiotic logic I've heard. Whoever took the report needs to find a new profession.

2. (We know now) She 100% suffers from mental illness. I will not go into details but she does.

3. I agree, the hospital bill is outrageous. Of course, that amount was the base cost, automatically cut in half with insurance discounts alone. What they dont tell you is that I flew out there the day after she was arrested, saw Michele, then went to the hospital and gave them her ID and insurance information. The representative there told me they would not file charges because of my honesty and made the effort to fix what had happened. They followed thru with that huh...

4. She was in the hospital 10 days. 7 of them she was comatose (ICU = big bill). When she woke up she gave them the name she had been for a year. Then reality set in momentarily and she contacted us. I am not sure how the police found out but I have an idea.

5. The NC charges are basically gone now. After spending 30+ hours (cumulative) on the phone, I finally got the hospital to get the correct documentation to the right insurance. Yes, this entire problem was caused by the hospital filing the claim to the wrong insurance so it was denied. So I had to clean it up. Makes sense right? Pff. All this did is delay her getting back here to receive real treatment, not to mention cost me wayyyy more money than I needed to spend.

6. I am 99% sure she will be getting treatment over jail. The 1% is if the judge is having a horrible day and wants to go against the DA. Doubt that. She has 0 criminal history and gained constant recognition as a nurse, not to mention that anyone that knew her prior to this was in unbelievable shock. I dont think she has even gotren a speeding ticket...

In closing, I want to say that the mind is powerful. After all this, I cannot emphasize enough to respect it. If you have troubling thoughts, odd behavior, constant paranoia, depression, etc... get help. If you know someone like this, seek help..to help them correctly. If you sit idly by thinking it's a phase or harmless, you could be in for some life changing events that you NEVER thought you would. In retrospect, I have become a stronger person, father, husband, Christian, and friend but obviously this is not the optimal route to achieve this. It was a path I wouldn't send my worst enemy down.

Edit - I saw the comment on Kerman Emergent. That is the name the hospital gave her. It's a strange alternative to Jane Doe I guess.

Thank you for coming back! Although you owed us no explanation it is nice to have some updates/clarification. This board cared very much about Michele when she was missing and I hope you understand that although some discussion might have seemed hurtful, all we wanted was to find out what happened to Michele, and to bring her back to her family. I pray she will recover from her illness enough to be in her daughter's life again under supervision. I pray your healing as well and that God would draw you close and strengthen you for the journey ahead.

The inmate search still shows Michele in the Wake County Jail on no bond with a next court date of June 5th. It also shows that Michele had been sentenced on the two charges in North Carolina but it doesn't show what the sentences were.

You are an absolute beast!! And I mean that in an awesome way. You were able to go through a crazy event, wild accusations, parenting alone with (no doubt) sadness and questions from your child and somehow managed to not flip out on anyone and then.... when it was all said and done... still attempt to make everything right and pick up the pieces!! You are amazing. We would all be lucky to have someone with your strength on our sides. I hope you remember to take time for yourself, too. You are clearly a giver. Don't forget to take a little piece for yourself. <3

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Kagor, you're a rockstar. I hope for your family to be peaceful and healthy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back