TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Monday's cross examination, defense attorney Coffer asked CS if he was popular in the cycling community, CS responded it was subjective.

When Coffer next stated that CS was paid due to his popularity, CS responded that he was paid because he won races, and he sold merchandise.

IMO, this follows my experience and I don't think CS gave a rip about what KA wore except on special race days where he had a contractual duty to his Sponsor.

Following the murder, Cash had told detectives that MW planned to see CS that evening and LE obtained his particulars and was surveilling CS from early morning and observed CS actively moving around, in and out of his shop and feared he might be getting ready to flea and put their plan into action to do the unannounced interview, get CS to come to APD and start working on a warrant. CS was indeed the initial .

KA's jeep, CS changing MW's contact information in his phone, and CS being dishonest with KA about being with MW the evening of her murder was what initially caused them to focus on CS/KA. Locating the guns during the search and learning the gun ballistics matched KA's gun was sufficient to execute the warrant for KA's arrest but she was gone!

true, but even then every one of my Austin friends owns and shoots guns regularly it's NOT viewed as weird even in Austin.

It is not viewed as weird. Texas is huge and diverse. 30 million of its inhabitants live in different circumstances and their interests vary, too. IMHO, not having a gun in Texas or not growing around guns, and mainly, nor being interested in guns, should not be viewed as weird or odd, either.

<snipped for focus>

The weed was his...the shrooms were hers, Colin says.

Edited to add: Not sure that I would believe anything that Colin says at this point.

No, I believe. If anything, he is prone to oversharing - no one dragged the information about the night after murder from him, for example. What is deeply shocking is that CS and KA seemed to be the proponents of green, organic, healthy living. Can you even reconcile it with this horrible crime?

They are on eBay for over $300!
Cool -- I like the Limited Edition Design Strata cap -- designed to fit beneath the helmet.

No, I believe. If anything, he is prone to oversharing - no one dragged the information about the night after murder from him, for example. What is deeply shocking is that CS and KA seemed to be the proponents of green, organic, healthy living. Can you even reconcile it with this horrible crime?
Absolutely not! Still trying to find something that altered this woman's mind or find what possessed KA to end the life of MW at that moment. It's very frightening to me to view this zen, yoga advocate go bat***crazy in a blink and come home and have a whiskey. o_O

I am not a Colin apologist. If he was my friend I would counsel him to behave more civilly, but his treatment of the photographers is hardly egregious. Obnoxious yes, violent no. I am sure he is fed up with the cameras and the attention and is acting out against it. If a family member of the victim behaved in this way no one would be freaking out about it. Nor would anyone question a family member wearing the same shirt on consecutive days.
Exactly.

We know why CS legally purchased the guns and gifted one to KA. If not for KA, I'm not so sure CS would have ever owned a gun in 2022.

But I'm not understanding why it would be important or nice for the jury to hear CS blaming himself for buying KA the firearm. To promote the defense's alternate suspect theory? To promote CS as the shooter-- given the positive ballistics report? I don't get it...

^^rsbm

They have very few things to hang on to, especially after KA's fugue episodes, And - it is my understanding that there was no one around Mo hating her. It is not that they can pin it on "some random dude". So it remains "yes, but maybe CS still did it".

Or else - "she pulled the trigger, but it was his fault". They are trying to split the blame, to show CS as such an unlikable person that the jury feels sorry for KA.

I hope the jury doesn't fall for it and feels sorry for Mo and her parents instead.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say, that whether Colin is likable or not (depends on whom you are asking, it seems), everyone is responsible for own stuff. He chose to stay with a woman out of convenience, while not even fully acknowledging her as his GF to the whole world, and ended up losing everything it took him years to build.

Kaitlin chose to be the girlfriend of an athlete, famed in a narrow circle, but big enough name to bring him endorsements. She saw all his drawbacks but the fame and the money outshined everything else, and she ended up killing another woman protecting what she thought was her own.

To me it seems that initially, CS was shocked but also very much afraid to lose his valuable sponsorships. He probably was very suspicious of KA himself. Yet, he stood for KA and said she was not jealous and not violent, mostly in the hope that nothing in his world would change. When I read about this story for the first time, I felt that his biggest concern was sponsorship. I think that the police interview was very telling - CS would start telling the truth about KA and then pull back.

IMHO, CS is not even narcissistic. I'd define him as egocentric. The person who starts thinking about people when they are in his orbit. But, there was zero motive or need for him to kill Mo. Rather, the opposite, he was still interested in her.

So I hope that whatever personal qualities CS has, it wouldn't allow the jury to be split about KA.

Absolutely not! Still trying to find something that altered this woman's mind or find what possessed KA to end the life of MW at that moment. It's very frightening to me to view this zen, yoga advocate go bat***crazy in a blink and come home and have a whiskey. o_O

What possessed her? I think KA is extremely territorial. "My man", "stay away from Colin".

They have very few things to hang on to, especially after KA's fugue episodes, And - it is my understanding that there was no one around Mo hating her. It is not that they can pin it on "some random dude". So it remains "yes, but maybe CS still did it".

Or else - "she pulled the trigger, but it was his fault". They are trying to split the blame, to show CS as such an unlikable person that the jury feels sorry for KA.

I hope the jury doesn't tall for it and feels sorry for Mo and her parents instead.
Jmo but from the timeline evidence it is not possible for the murder to be pinned on Colin, not even a maybe he did, even if we forget for sake of argument all the evidence that points straight at KA. His alibi is not under fire, nor the digital and video evidence that supports it. I guess maybe the D are using innuendo on the jury through some lines of questioning but they are not going to be up front about it Moo. It's a distraction tactic from the solid evidence against KA and, no surprise rally, an indication of how little they actually have. Both the P and the D are using this witness in different ways to try and support their cases. Moo

The jury will hopefully see CS’s dismissive attitude towards his relationship with KA as a catalyst for her fury - motive for murder.

There is something wrong with KA, personality disorder or whatever. Not CS’s job to manage, but his continued contact with Mo threw gasoline on KA’s emotional fire.

jmo

Good point. And we don’t really know how CS told KA not to wear her outfit. And whether he explained why. Did he just state “you’re not wearing that” in an arrogant tone with no explanation, thus pissing her off, causing her to rebel and wear it? Maybe she had no idea of his reasoning.

Surely she’d know if this event was going to have a big announcement of his gear (was there such?) that she wouldn’t want to jeopardize the sponsorship (I.e., income).
I think the entire reason KA wanted to wear the outfit was to "claim" CS - make sure everyone connected the two together.

What's described is him giving her the store-bought version of the clothes from the sponsor. Walking around in the clothing the sponsor is selling seems like it would be encouraged - especially if she is viewed as part of Team CS - if not mandatory by the sponsor. Telling someone not to wear clothing being sold by a sponsor at a sponsor's event seems like a huge insult to the sponsor.
Where is that described? Thx

What point was he trying to make in this statement? It’s word salad.

“Time and energy intensive, constant travel across the world for racing and training” How is that beautifully simple? When I think of beautiful and simple I don’t think in terms of anything that is time/energy intensive and constant travel.

There is nothing beautiful to me about sitting in a commercial airport with lines and stressed people everywhere.
There is something beautiful and simple in it IMO. Sometimes having a singular focus is exactly that. It’s in the eyes of the beholder. This is an ambitious professional athlete, not someone who just enjoys weekend bike rides.

I don’t see any sign of “green healthy living” in KA. IMO she adopted CS’s lifestyle whole hog (his clothes, his house, his biking, everything), but she would have done the same with any boyfriend. It’s no wonder he kept having to enforce boundaries, e. G. By criticizing her. And boundaries matter to him, as we can see his reaction to media who got in his face.

I think I can kind of figure out his thought process here, not that I think it’s kind or acceptable.

For her to show up at the race in his branded racing kit would make it appear that they are equals racing on a team together, and are both sponsored as a pair. He’s always been clear that she’s an amateur racer, he’s a pro. I wouldn’t be surprised that it’s not necessarily a power trip over her, he was just embarrassed <modsnip> For him it’s like his amateur non-racer aunt wearing a cycling kit when she’s not even competing and he’s embarrassed about it.

As stated above Rapha sold it to consumers and they actually allowed consumers to return it free of charge regardless of condition after this terrible thing happened. So anyone could wear it. It was supposed to be sold to consumers, that’s why that deal happened. He just didn’t like Kaitlin wearing it because he didn’t feel she represents him. Similar to the clothing anecdote, he just really didn’t like her and was rude to her and did not step up to end it.

<modsnip: not victim friendly>
Don’t know if this is equivalent, but I’m a mid-level musician married to an elite one. At sponsorship events, there are certain wardrobe/jewelry items the elite female musicians wear that I wouldn’t dream of wearing. Yes, I have my own accomplishments, but those events are all about him—I’m his support, and often that means staying out of the way.

Yes~~~
Spiritual Bypassing IMO, this was part of it. I’ve observed it quite a bit in the holistic community. MOO—KA has grave, deep-seated emotional and character issues that she managed with yoga and whatnot. They weren’t properly addressed, though. Likely lots of denial/enabling going on around her, too. I imagine the mushrooms were no help. Well, maybe for a spell.

Last edited:
I don’t see any sign of “green healthy living” in KA. IMO she adopted CS’s lifestyle whole hog (his clothes, his house, his biking, everything), but she would have done the same with any boyfriend. It’s no wonder he kept having to enforce boundaries, e. G. By criticizing her. And boundaries matter to him, as we can see his reaction to media who got in his face.
I do not disagree with your comment, at all, but I do recall reading that it was actually CS who encouraged KA to get into cycling, as she was not when they first met. She may have gotten into it more to appease him than because she really wanted to adopt his lifestyle. But yes, she did adopt it, though I think that happens to some extent in most relationships. JMO

Strickland said Armstrong was not involved in cycling when they first met, but he encouraged her to pursue it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member