TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@alcaprari23

We are now looking at those text messages between Chasteen and Armstrong. The date is 1/31/22."Was really good seeing you this weekend. I appreciate you sharing last night and I'm really sorry you're going through this right now. You deserve someone that makes you feel loved. Whoever that might be. Let's go on a trip soon. I'm thinking March."

4:24 PM · Nov 8, 2023

@alcaprari23

Chasteen on the witness stand: "I had told her I was sorry, that I was going through this. She had described how Colin had cheated but while she was describing that, she had said in so many words that she wanted to kill her. That she had thought about it. But how she said it at the time I didn't take it seriously...she said something to the effect that she had bought a gun... I do know the words kill and the words gun were used."

4:26 PM · Nov 8, 2023

@alcaprari23

New texts on screen from Armstrong to Chasteen: "So nice to see you. Sorry to unload so many emotions, it just all came spilling and you being there for me really meant a lot. Definitely available. I would love that."

4:27 PM · Nov 8, 2023

Response from Chasteen: "I was happy you felt comfortable talking to me. Anytime you need someone to listen don't hesitate to text or call."

4:27 PM · Nov 8, 2023

@alcaprari23

In the courtroom, Chasteen says she did not know Armstrong liked or owned guns. Had never seen her shoot a gun.In the spring of 2022, Chasteen recalls seeing IG pictures of KA in Mexico alone. Chasteen asked if her and Colin were okay, and Armstrong said yes.

4:28 PM · Nov 8, 2023

I'll bet, IMO, KA ran to her saying something bad had happened to one of their acquaintances and Colin is looking suspicious, and she's afraid of him and needs to hide from him.
Yes, especially after the defense reads here.
And the reason KA ran to Costa Rica and attempted to be incognito, is the same. Fear of CS.

I think as much as she can, without committing perjury, Christy will do and say everything she can to protect her sister. I guess I will have to give her a pass on that, though I really think she aided and abetted KA's escape, and maybe even helped plan it. I hope she will testify honestly, but I fully expect her to have a lot of memory lapses.

If Christy gave Kaitlin permission to use her passport, would Christy be able to plead the fifth in order not to incriminate herself? I would think so. I am sure she has been advised by her attorney on how to deal with the questions that the prosecution will ask.

In any event, if Kaitlin used Christy's passport without Christy's permission, then CS has already set the witness standard for confusion, amnesia, and befuddlement if the fifth amendment isn't appropriate. I don't think she will say anything that will harm her sister, she will likely claim that she just doesn't know the answer to any questions that would hurt Kaitlin's case.

@alcaprari23

Chasteen says her husband called her after he was contacted informing him that Mo Wilson was killed. She says he didn't have any information about it, but said it might be a burglary. They hang up, but later, he calls again and says that Strickland was the last person Mo was seen with.Hearing this, Chasteen gasped, recalling the conversation she had with Kaitlin at the Meteor.

4:30 PM · Nov 8, 2023

@alcaprari23

Chasteen reaches out to APD after sleeping on it. Called the next morning and told them what she knew. At first, she was anonymous. Later on, she revealed her identity to APD.

4:31 PM · Nov 8, 2023

During the course of the investigation, Chasteen agreed to give her name and be identified. She wanted to be anonymous at first because she didn't want to be wrapped up in the murder. No further questions from the state.

4:31 PM · Nov 8, 2023

@alcaprari23

Her husband did social media for various cycling sponsorships, which is why Chasteen's husband was initially notified. He would have to put out some sort of press release/social post about the event.Defense questions why first phone call from her husband referenced burglary? 2nd phone call really helped her paint the imagery of Armstrong being involved.

4:35 PM · Nov 8, 2023

@alcaprari23

Beginning May 11 at about 2pm, evidenced by text messages, Mertz had no further contact with Armstrong. Mertz texted Armstrong when she heard about Mo, but the text didn't go through. Armstrong's IG had been deleted, too.

4:05 PM · Nov 8, 2023
She didn't delete any of her SM accounts or email accounts when she just skipped on off to Mexico. Of course she didn't need to since she was planning on coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elle C