TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the judge is only allowing these to be shown as demonstrative evidence and Bell cannot authenticate it, they probably won’t be allowed back in the jury room when they deliberate.
Could the prosecution request a more technical expert from Strava to testify to authenticate them?

Could the prosecution request a more technical expert from Strava to testify to authenticate them?
If I wanted that data to be more than circumstantial I would want to hear from the tech that harvested the data. Perhaps there will be someone else from Strava. If not, I would side with the defense on the point that the data may be skewed. moo

@alcaprari23

No further questions from the state. Defense takes over:Asking about the source of the data we saw in the excel spreadsheet. Bell says it comes from a proprietary aggregate software that Strava uses.Defense asking about the login process and whether or not the app can stay logged in over a period of time.

6:29 PM · Nov 8, 2023

This reminds me of FitBit years ago being introduced at another trial. I'm not sure the Developer or platform wants Strava to be deemed a forensic tracking tool with precision where it becomes dissected in court-- but a recreational app for personal use. JMO

This reminds me of FitBit years ago being introduced at another trial. I'm not sure the Developer or platform wants Strava to be deemed a forensic tracking tool with precision where it becomes dissected in court-- but a recreational app for personal use. JMO
And to that I say (to them, not you!) - too bad. If it tracks, it tracks.

'I would kill her': Witnesses say Kaitlin Armstrong talked about killing Anna Moriah Wilson

Two witnesses in the Kaitlin Armstrong murder trial testified Wednesday that she told them she was so angry about her boyfriend Colin Strickland dating Anna Moriah "Mo" Wilson that she would kill Wilson.

Nicole Mertz testified that she was a close friend of Armstrong’s in 2021 and 2022. She said she was sitting with Armstrong in the Meteor restaurant in early November 2021 when Wilson walked in. Mertz said Armstrong was “visibly angry” after she saw Wilson.

“I had never seen her like that before, which is why I remember,” said Mertz. “I asked Kaitlin if Colin ever started dating anyone else seriously what would she do, and she said, ‘I would kill her.’”

@alcaprari23

New texts on screen from Armstrong to Chasteen: "So nice to see you. Sorry to unload so many emotions, it just all came spilling and you being there for me really meant a lot. Definitely available. I would love that."

4:27 PM · Nov 8, 2023

Response from Chasteen: "I was happy you felt comfortable talking to me. Anytime you need someone to listen don't hesitate to text or call."

4:27 PM · Nov 8, 2023
Timeline is interesting, the first friend has KA freaking out , visibly angry about CS spending time with MW in early Nov 2021 after the so-called we will stay amicable friends and business partners breakup in late October. The second friend has KA shaking with rage in late Jan 2022 that she *just* found out CS cheated on her with MW. But didn’t CS say his non platonic relationship with MW was only in the fall.

And to that I say (to them, not you!) - too bad. If it tracks, it tracks.
The point being it's proprietary software that's using excel software to present the results in court. This appearance by Strava is a courtesy! Want an qualified, expert witness? OK, just let us take our spreadsheets and go home-- thank you very much. ;)

@alcaprari23

We are now looking at the previously-questioned satellite images with Strava data overlaid. There is a blue line with a legend that says "afternoon ride." The blue line travels from the scene of the murder and out of the neighborhood.

6:24 PM · Nov 8, 2023
Confused. Whose Strava data is this, and what day? I don't understand what they are trying to get at with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NarratrixofNightmares