TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I joined late today. Couple things jumped out at me, for no particular reason.

KA cycled 25 miles on May 11 and still had the energy to kill. I need a nap after a ten mile ride.

And this seemed odd to me. JC said Armstrong told her she was going to kill Wilson & also said “no, you don’t understand, I bought a gun.” Then JC texts KA the next day to thank her for sharing and invited her to travel together in March. WOW .. I’d be running as far away as I could from KA after being told that. And probably would have warned Mo.

jmo
Doesn't take a ton of energy to pull a trigger three times, especially when the first shot was probably enough to kill.
I'm with you about getting away from KA, and I surely wouldn't be taking any trips with her. She probably didn't warn Mo because she couldn't bring herself to think that KA was really serious about killing her. In hindsight, she probably wishes she had warned her, notified LE, or even told CS. The fact that she didn't say anything probably haunts her. JMO

Last edited:
Is that easy for any app developer to just say "our online data is not available to any court of law, even if it can help solve a crime"? (Asking as obviously I don't know the legalities) Thinking of the "Map My Walk" app, similar to Strava, but for people who walk and like to track their walks, log them for future use, show them to friends for safety, etc. I'd like to know that data could be accessible if I went missing. I'm reading this as the CEO type on the stand just doesn't know the technology and the prosecution should have brought in the lower level expert guy who can speak in tech terms.
^^ubm

In the digital world, you can't download an app or register without checking the box that you agree to the terms and conditions for an apps use.

Specific to OP's questions about use specific apps, I suggest referencing the apps terms and conditions and registered users info.

In this case, Strava did not refuse to provide the users information and/or respond to the subpoena but they are also guided by their own established, cited limitations and protections.

In Stava's Disclaimer of Warranties and Liabilities, they define their product is provided for use "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY...

Their software application is also made available for use as long as you accept the proprietary rights and agree to them. When users check the box, Strava is under no obligation to provide a techie to give testimony that could reveal proprietary information, their single, prized asset!

ETA: I've been following a 2018 family murder in NJ that's been held up for 5 years over proprietary DNA testing that the prosecution wants to present but the defense wants the source code info to study it.

That's essentially what KA's defense was asking too. Give us the deets so we can criticize and discredit the information.

Last edited:
^^ubm

In the digital world, you can't download an app or register without checking the box that you agree to the terms and conditions for an apps use.

Specific to OP's questions about use specific apps, I suggest referencing the apps terms and conditions and registered users info.

In this case, Strava did not refuse to provide the users information and/or respond to the subpoena but they are also guided by their own established, cited limitations and protections.

In Stava's Disclaimer of Warranties and Liabilities, they define their product is provided for use "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY...

Their software application is also made available for use as long as you accept the proprietary rights and agree to them. When users check the box, Strava is under no obligation to provide a techie to give testimony that could reveal proprietary information, their single, prized asset!

ETA: I've been following a 2018 family murder in NJ that's been held up for 5 years over proprietary DNA testing that the prosecution wants to present but the defense wants the code info to study it.

That's essentially what KA's defense was asking too. Give us the deets so we can criticize and discredit the information.

Of course they won’t divulge proprietary info of sourcecode which is how the app works, as you highlighted. That wasn’t my question. Your highlighted statement on their site of not creating derivative works is standard for all software developers. My question was about the data the app produces.

I’m confused. Did Armstrong become visibly angry and start shaking upon seeing Mo at the Meteor cafe in BOTH Arkansas AND Austin and then tell a friend she would kill her? Or did she tell two different friends at the Meteor cafe on the SAME night?
I believe KA told one friend at an event in Austin and a different friend at an event in AR. I believe the events were within 4-6 weeks apart. I think KA took a couple of trips to Mexico and Bali or may have attempted to murder MW earlier. JMO

Of course they won’t divulge proprietary info of sourcecode which is how the app works, as you highlighted. That wasn’t my question. Your highlighted statement on their site of not creating derivative works is standard for all software developers. My question was about the data the app produces.
I’m thinking of Delphi and how Becky Patty had to get a court order against Apple to get data from Libby’s phone. I think Snapchat also requires a court order. I’m guessing most or all of them will comply when ordered by a valid legal process.

I hope we get Christine on the stand tomorrow. I hate to think we may have to wait until Monday to hear from her.
Oh gosh, me as well.

As we’ve all said, we wish we could see this trial… can you imagine tweeting Alex Murdaugh’s snotty sobbing or the prosecutor‘s intense arguments? If you followed his case, of course.

Oh gosh, me as well.

As we’ve all said, we wish we could see this trial… can you imagine tweeting Alex Murdaugh’s snotty sobbing or the prosecutor‘s intense arguments? If you followed his case, of course.
Oh yes, I followed it, and you're right. Tweets beat nothing, but they cannot begin to capture more than text.

Sorry, I'm software illiterate. I understand the prosecutor's office used data from their app (excel spreadsheet) to produce a google satellite map and overlaid it on the Exhibit by Strata. Ultimately, together they provided a visual aid for the jurors. The Court did not rule it as evidence. What you see is what you get.

From Strava’s privacy policy

Legal Requirements​

We may preserve and share your information with third parties, including law enforcement, public or governmental agencies, or private litigants, within or outside your country of residence, if we determine that such disclosure is allowed by the law or reasonably necessary to comply with the law, including to respond to court orders, warrants, subpoenas, or other legal or regulatory process. We may also retain, preserve or disclose your information if we determine that this is reasonably necessary or appropriate to: (1) prevent any person from death or serious bodily injury; (2) to address issues of national security or other issues of public importance; (3) to prevent or detect violations of our Terms of Serviceor fraud or abuse of Strava or its users (4) or to protect our operations or our property or other legal rights, including by disclosure to our legal counsel and other consultants and third parties in connection with actual or potential litigation.

gotcha.
I find it odd he bought a gun but never tried to load it or take it to a range. If he needed it as self defense how would he load it in time?
Maybe he had second thoughts? And maybe he thought he might have third thoughts another day? Maybe he had a conversation with a friend about it, and they were on the negative side? Maybe he solidified his values, and couldn't bring himself to do it? Maybe there were some shootings that changed his mind? Maybe he was generally a procrastinator?

Pretty harsh they never referred to each other and GF/BF. Very consistent with other things that have been reported as to the nature of the relationship and how seriously each took it. It’s cool to have an undefined couple relationship as long as both members of the couple are on the same wavelength but it seems that was NOT a the case with this couple.
But they both WOULD be on the same wave length, since they both never referred to each other as GF/BF.

Confused. Whose Strava data is this, and what day? I don't understand what they are trying to get at with this.
Mo's.

Half the people I know, use Strava. Even if the testimony is a little murky here, there will be jury member(s) who know what it is. Personally, I gave up on Strava, since it made me look like a slug (yep, I'm slothful), but for a top pro athlete, Strava is great for a fan base.

It’s all interesting that all her rage seems to be directed at MW, not CS. Like telling multiple people she’s mad enough to kill - but not CS just the other woman. She couldn’t even move her butt out of his house.
Evidently, this is a feature of jealousy. I recall reading about it in Nancy Friday's book, Jealousy. Women generally go after the "other woman".

But they both WOULD be on the same wave length, since they both never referred to each other as GF/BF.
I think her saying these two things after their Oct 2021 breakup shows she was not on the same page …..even with herself!

1. Mertz says Armstrong told her in Oct. 2021 that "they were breaking up for good but they would be in business together and would still be very close and would be in each other's lives."
2. Mertz recalls asking Armstrong what she would do if Colin ever dated someone else. "[Armstrong] said she would kill her," Mertz testifies.

I believe KA told one friend at an event in Austin and a different friend at an event in AR. I believe the events were within 4-6 weeks apart. I think KA took a couple of trips to Mexico and Bali or may have attempted to murder MW earlier. JMO
—-What I got from it was Friend 1 (Mertz) had the convo at the Meteor in Austin in Nov 2021. — From Alex C tweets:
Mertz says Armstrong told her in Oct. 2021 that "they were breaking up for good but they would be in business together and would still be very close and would be in each other's lives."In Nov. 2021, Mertz recounts a big group at the Meteor. Armstrong was quiet, which was not like her. Armstrong told her that Mo was in town with Strickland and she was upset. Colin had brought her to Justine's the night before, which she knew from an email Colin received from OpenTable.Mo walked into the Meteor, but left pretty quickly. Armstrong saw Mo walk in. Armstrong told Mertz that Mo was there. When she told Mertz, "she was pretty angry. Visibly angry. I had never seen her like that before, which is why I remembered it."
Mertz recalls asking Armstrong what she would do if Colin ever dated someone else. "[Armstrong] said she would kill her," Mertz testifies.
Mertz says she remembers Armstrong telling her that she had called Mo earlier that day. Armstrong told Mo that she and Strickland were living together and in business together," Mertz says.

—Friend 2 (Chasteen) recalled a convo at the Meteor location in Bentonville AR, and based on the date of the text she described KA sending her the day after, this convo occurred on Jan 30, 2022.
From Alex C tweets:
Chasteen recalls an afterparty at the Meteor in Bentonville. Upon arrival, Armstrong was shooken up. She was trembling and shaking. She told Chasteen that she had found out that Colin had cheated on her but they were back together. Chasteen says Armstrong said Colin had cheated on her with Mo. Wilson was also at the Meteor at this moment, which is why she believed Armstrong was so upset. Armstrong tells her that Mo was still texting him and reaching out. Armstrong told her that Colin was trying to keep Mo away, but Mo wouldn't leave him alone.

**I think the Jan 2022 event in Bentonville is the very same one where Mo texted Colin saying she wanted to know if he just wanted to be friends and “this weekend was strange for me”. He replies to Mo saying he was sorry she was uncomfortable and that Kaitlin had come along for a trailer project meeting and in hindsight that was not a good idea. (This text was quoted in the arrest warrant affidavit).

IMO the defense is doing as much as they can but there’s not really any “there” there. The surveillance cam footage of CS motorcycle, his cell phone tracking, etc totally do not fit the timing if he was the shooter.
He has a solid alibi and was dismissed as a POI.No question Imo. He is not on trial now, nor will he ever be for this murder. Moo. Imo, the defense knows this but they are doing their best with the inneuendo anyway. Jmo

Alex Caprariello

@alcaprari23

At 10ET/9CT,
@NewsNation
will be airing the audio/video of the moment prosecutors say Mo Wilson was shot to death. You can hear Mo Wilson scream and then three gun shots.Despite the gag order and seal of all evidence, the video was leaked. The court today gave NewsNation permission to air it.Catch that plus my full analysis of today's proceedings in 15 minutes with
@BanfieldonNN
. #KaitlinArmstrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members