TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Caprariello
@alcaprari23

At 10ET/9CT,
@NewsNation
will be airing the audio/video of the moment prosecutors say Mo Wilson was shot to death. You can hear Mo Wilson scream and then three gun shots.Despite the gag order and seal of all evidence, the video was leaked. The court today gave NewsNation permission to air it.Catch that plus my full analysis of today's proceedings in 15 minutes with
@BanfieldonNN
. #KaitlinArmstrong
I'm struck by the fact that after the second shot, four whole seconds pass before the third shot is fired. Four seconds. That's a long time to watch someone you've just shot twice in the head crumple to the ground. Then decide to shoot one more time for good measure. Sick.

I wonder if KA's version of events is her own fabrication or based on what Colin told her. According to his version, they were on a break when he had a fling with Mo (always makes me think of Ross/Rachel in Friends) and then he and Mo stayed in touch. According to what KA told Chasteen, Colin cheated on her (ie no break) and then Mo wouldn't leave Colin alone. IMO, wouldn't surprise me if the latter were true, having experienced a cheater myself. I didn't attack the woman though, just dumped him.

She told Chasteen that she had found out that Colin had cheated on her but they were back together. Chasteen says Armstrong said Colin had cheated on her with Mo. Wilson was also at the Meteor at this moment, which is why she believed Armstrong was so upset. Armstrong tells her that Mo was still texting him and reaching out. Armstrong told her that Colin was trying to keep Mo away, but Mo wouldn't leave him alone.
This sounds like KA fantasy, especially when KA and CS were never in boyfriend/girlfriend mode, since they never referred to each other as BF/GF.

I'm struck by the fact that after the second shot, four whole seconds pass before the third shot is fired. Four seconds. That's a long time to watch someone you've just shot twice in the head crumple to the ground. Then decide to shoot one more time for good measure. Sick.
Mo had to get to the bathroom, though. That would account for 4 seconds.

I think he was/is. And this "inertia" we keep hearing about, it seems to me that the inertia was mostly his.
I think CS was intent. He wanted to make cycling his life. The love of his life.

For reasons known only to her, Kaitlin was desperate, willing to accept crumbs, clawing for signs of "relationship", where as he was content with at "roommates with benefits", "business partners with roommate benefits". He wanted a 5% relationship.

Even when they "we were on a break", he dated casually but she, she dated purposefully to try to make him jealous.

Cycling was his life. He was her life.

And when she couldn't control him, she apparently set out to control other women to keep them from getting near him.

The maturity of an especially immature 7th grader, armed with a deadly weapon.

A girl gets closer to CS, she'll kill her.

You don't understand, I got a gun.

She was deadly serious.

JMO

I’m confused. Did Armstrong become visibly angry and start shaking upon seeing Mo at the Meteor cafe in BOTH Arkansas AND Austin and then tell a friend she would kill her? Or did she tell two different friends at the Meteor cafe on the SAME night?
bbm. Two different restaurants, same name. Two different people.

Sorry for late reply:

NM testified:

Mertz says Armstrong told her in Oct. 2021 that "they were breaking up for good but they would be in business together and would still be very close and would be in each other's lives."In Nov. 2021, Mertz recounts a big group at the Meteor. Armstrong was quiet, which was not like her. Armstrong told her that Mo was in town with Strickland and she was upset. Colin had brought her to Justine's the night before, which she knew from an email Colin received from OpenTable.Mo walked into the Meteor, but left pretty quickly. Armstrong saw Mo walk in. Armstrong told Mertz that Mo was there. When she told Mertz, "she was pretty angry. Visibly angry. I had never seen her like that before, which is why I remembered it.”

Mertz recalls asking Armstrong what she would do if Colin ever dated someone else. "[Armstrong] said she would kill her," Mertz testifies.

JC testified:

In Bentonville, similar to Austin, there is also a restaurant called The Meteor. It is a local hangout for cyclists. It is the same chain as the one in #ATX.Chasteen met Armstrong in 2019 when they were staying with Strickland for his birthday. She and her husband stayed at Colin's home. Upon meeting Armstrong, the two women became friends.

Chasteen recalls an afterparty at the Meteor in Bentonville. Upon arrival, Armstrong was shooken up. She was trembling and shaking. She told Chasteen that she had found out that Colin had cheated on her but they were back together. Chasteen says Armstrong said Colin had cheated on her with Mo.

Chasteen on the witness stand: "I had told her I was sorry, that I was going through this. She had described how Colin had cheated but while she was describing that, she had said in so many words that she wanted to kill her. That she had thought about it. But how she said it at the time I didn't take it seriously...she said something to the effect that she had bought a gun... I do know the words kill and the words gun were used.”

Last edited:
In Bentonville, similar to Austin, there is also a restaurant called The Meteor. It is a local hangout for cyclists. It is the same chain as the one in #ATX.
I looked it up: The Meteor

The cafe calls itself "An unexpected mash-up of all-day cafe, natural wine shop, and boutique bike shop."

Locations in Austin, Dallas, Bentonville and soon to be in Fayetteville.

Witness list nearly 10 pages long for Kaitlin Armstrong trial | Everyone on that list could be called, but they more than likely all will not. Follow trial updates here

AUSTIN (KXAN) — The State continues calling witnesses Thursday for day six of Kaitlin Armstrong’s murder trial.

Police say she shot and killed pro cyclist Anna Moriah “Mo” Wilson on May 11, 2022.

State prosecutors have presented a timeline of GPS, DNA, video and electronic evidence they say pins the murder on Armstrong.

Wilson’s friends and family take up about three full rows in the courtroom. Her family has set up a foundation in her honor with the goal of using sports, recreation and the outdoors to build a community.

Yippee! Alex is here!!!

KAITLING ARMSTRONG MURDER TRIAL

Good morning, everyone. Yesterday, we saw Kaitlin Armstrong's search history from Costa Rica. Two friends testified that they remember her saying she wanted to kill Mo Wilson out of jealousy. The defense called for a mistrial, but the motion was denied.Live tweeting continues below.

@alcaprari23

We begin this morning with Mr. Brian Bell, VP of Global communications from Strava. He was testifying yesterday and sharing data from the days up to and on the murder. He said there was data that showed Kaitlin Armstrong checking in and watching Mo Wilson's activity.

10:23 AM · Nov 9, 2023

bbm. Two different restaurants, same name. Two different people.

Sorry for late reply:

NM testified:

Mertz says Armstrong told her in Oct. 2021 that "they were breaking up for good but they would be in business together and would still be very close and would be in each other's lives."In Nov. 2021, Mertz recounts a big group at the Meteor. Armstrong was quiet, which was not like her. Armstrong told her that Mo was in town with Strickland and she was upset. Colin had brought her to Justine's the night before, which she knew from an email Colin received from OpenTable.Mo walked into the Meteor, but left pretty quickly. Armstrong saw Mo walk in. Armstrong told Mertz that Mo was there. When she told Mertz, "she was pretty angry. Visibly angry. I had never seen her like that before, which is why I remembered it.”

Mertz recalls asking Armstrong what she would do if Colin ever dated someone else. "[Armstrong] said she would kill her," Mertz testifies.

JC testified:

In Bentonville, similar to Austin, there is also a restaurant called The Meteor. It is a local hangout for cyclists. It is the same chain as the one in #ATX.Chasteen met Armstrong in 2019 when they were staying with Strickland for his birthday. She and her husband stayed at Colin's home. Upon meeting Armstrong, the two women became friends.

Chasteen recalls an afterparty at the Meteor in Bentonville. Upon arrival, Armstrong was shooken up. She was trembling and shaking. She told Chasteen that she had found out that Colin had cheated on her but they were back together. Chasteen says Armstrong said Colin had cheated on her with Mo.

Chasteen on the witness stand: "I had told her I was sorry, that I was going through this. She had described how Colin had cheated but while she was describing that, she had said in so many words that she wanted to kill her. That she had thought about it. But how she said it at the time I didn't take it seriously...she said something to the effect that she had bought a gun... I do know the words kill and the words gun were used.”

The Meteor Cafe was co-founded by cyclists I believe, and was a sponsor for both CS and MW. I think CS helped connect MW to them. Seems like it’s a hub for anyone in the cycling community, so would be a natural place for gatherings after a cycling event in either of those cities.

Brian Bell, with Strava, has been called back to the stand.

State is having Bell clarify part of his testimony from yesterday. They’re reviewing column H in the spreadsheets presented in court yesterday. That’s where we see what kind of phone and model users have. Bell now testifies he cannot testify to that information in the column.

Bell says he does not have any confusion on what an athlete ID is. Bell says what he can see is there was a request from Armstrong’s ID to get information about Wilson’s profile.

Defense is asking whether Bell is saying that some of this data is accurate but other parts aren’t. Bell agrees. State asks a follow up asking if Bell believes the data shown in court is accurate. He agrees. Somewhat of a confusing exchange.

@alcaprari23

Defense doing a good job at adding uncertainty to the Strava data. Bell has contradicted himself a few times on the stand and the data is not totally reliable/easy to comprehend. Bell ends his testimony by saying he trusts the data and Strava is reliable. Witness dismissed.

10:29 AM · Nov 9, 2023

KAITLING ARMSTRONG MURDER TRIAL

Good morning, everyone. Yesterday, we saw Kaitlin Armstrong's search history from Costa Rica. Two friends testified that they remember her saying she wanted to kill Mo Wilson out of jealousy. The defense called for a mistrial, but the motion was denied.Live tweeting continues below.

We begin this morning with Mr. Brian Bell, VP of Global communications from Strava. He was testifying yesterday and sharing data from the days up to and on the murder. He said there was data that showed Kaitlin Armstrong checking in and watching Mo Wilson's activity.

Defense doing a good job at adding uncertainty to the Strava data. Bell has contradicted himself a few times on the stand and the data is not totally reliable/easy to comprehend. Bell ends his testimony by saying he trusts the data and Strava is reliable. Witness dismissed.

State calls the 29th witness: Detective Katy Conner. She’s a detective in the homicide unit with APD.

Conner is discussing the training and experience she has. She says she’s taken a two-week homicide investigation course, human remains recovery course, a water death course, no body homicide course, and more. She was assigned to homicide unit July 2021.

@alcaprari23

10:29 AM · Nov 9, 2023
IMO it's easy to jump to the conclusion that the data is accurate because Strava is an app, and now we all trust electronic data! I mean "data doesn't lie". So, I don't much think the confusion of this witness will have much impact on a jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elle C