TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
-6:25PM KA to CS Lmk if you want me to meet for food to dissect these discovery responses. Will be done with my appointment by 7:20

Ooh, so KA supposedly had an appointment. Her "Fini" text was her telling CS she was finished.

We just heard Moriah's last screams & gunshots. I see one of her family members plug their ears.
:(

@alcaprari23

Defense asking if anyone attempted to corroborate what Armstrong was doing during the day of the murder. Mazak says she doesn't know if anyone did.Defense asking why the presentation did not use any of the text/call extractions from Mo Wilson's phone. Also Colin's iPad.

6:05 PM · Nov 14, 2023

@alcaprari23

Defense now discussing the phone going "off-network." Mazak can't speculate why a device would power off, but says there are a couple of ways that would happen. Mazak says she doesn't know if APD looked in the area where the phone was powered off for more surveillance video.

6:13 PM · Nov 14, 2023

Ooh, so KA supposedly had an appointment. Her "Fini" text was her telling CS she was finished.

:(
Will we get to hear from the place she supposedly had the appointment with? I think we read she had 2-3 appts that evening including the last one with a "healer". Would the state call them as a witness if she appeared agitated and upset during the appt?

Analyst: Kaitlin Armstrong's DNA found on Mo Wilson's bike, along with third person's

Analyst: Kaitlin Armstrong's DNA found on Mo Wilson's bike, along with third person's

DNA from Kaitlin Armstrong and Anna Moriah "Mo" Wilson was found on the handlebars and seat of Wilson's bicycle, but so was the DNA of an unknown person, a state analyst testified Tuesday.

The DNA of an unknown third person also was found on Armstrong's gun, along with that of Armstrong and her former boyfriend, Colin Strickland, said Samantha Perkins, the supervisor of a Texas Department of Public Safety laboratory.

The testimony happened during the eighth day of the murder trial of Armstrong, who is accused of killing Wilson on May 11, 2022, in an East Austin garage apartment. Prosecutors have said Armstrong was jealous of Wilson's relationship with Strickland, and witnesses have testified Armstrong had talked about wanting to kill her.

Will we get to hear from the place she supposedly had the appointment with? I think we read she had 2-3 appts that evening including the last one with a "healer". Would the state call them as a witness if she appeared agitated and upset during the appt?
I don’t think they will call them as the prosecution has so much already.

Meredith Aldis
@MeredithonFOX7

Pamela Mazak, a Criminal Intelligence Analyst, is on the stand. She's talking about Armstrong's phone records received from Verizon.
3:32 PM · Nov 14, 2023

Waiting to get to the actual data, but Mazak says she mapped the cell phone data from Armstrong's Jeep, Armstrong & Strickland's phone records from 9/1/21-5/15/22, & Wilson's phone records.
3:44 PM · Nov 14, 2023

Call records from 10/28/21
1. Kaitlin’s phone texts Strickland’s about going to Meteor with Wilson, tries to call Strickland’s, but no answer.
2. Kaitlin’s phone then calls Wilson’s phone, lasts about a min.
3. Kaitlin’s phone then calls her sister's phone, lasts about 22 min.
3:53 PM · Nov 14, 2023

4. Strickland’s phone and Kaitlin’s phone text about finding Kaitlin’s helmet
5. Strickland's phone texts Armstrong's that Wilson went to Meteor, but he wasn’t going.
6. About an hour & half after Kaitlin's phone called Wilson's, Strickland's phone texts Kaitlin's about it, “WTF”
3:58 PM · Nov 14, 2023

Phone records from May 9 & 10, 20221. Armstrong's phone views Wilson’s Strava profile once on 5/9, then 4 times on 5/10.
Flight records show Wilson arrives in Austin at 4:47 pm on 5/10. (The Strava views were shortly after Wilson arrived)
4:03 PM · Nov 14, 2023

Phone records from May 11th
1. Armstrong and Strickland’s phones leave area a little after 9am for a bike ride
2. Wilson’s phone (under the name Christine wall) texts Strickland’s at 9:01 am
3. Strickland’s phone goes to Lockhart, Armstrong’s goes home
4:08 PM · Nov 14, 2023

11-11:59am Wilson and Strickland's phones exchange several texts, talk about not receiving texts.
Armstrong and Strickland's phones also exchange texts. Appear to be about business items.
12-1:50pm Wilson's phone texts Strickland's asking about plans for the night.
4:13 PM · Nov 14, 2023

Wilson's phone leaves for a bike ride, Strickland's gets back home
1:51 Armstrong's jeep leaves shortly after Strickland arrives
Strickland’s phone leaves around 2:30 for dentist apt, texts Wilson’s at 3:15 about going swimming. Wilson’s phone is still traveling on bike ride.
4:16 PM · Nov 14, 2023

3:37 Armstrong's jeep heads from South Lamar to downtown area
Strickland's phone texts Wilson's, "what do you think?"
Wilson's phone texts Strickland's, "Sounds good, I’m dying out here." She sents a pic on her bike.
4:24 Armstrong's phone calls Strickland's phone
4:21 PM · Nov 14, 2023

4:32 Wilson's phone texts Strickland's & says she’s done with her bike ride and would like a ride to the pool, Strickland’s phone still at appointment area
4:48 Armstrong's phone texts Strickland's about business items
4:23 PM · Nov 14, 2023

4:49 Wilson's phone texts Strickland’s phone and sends Cash’s address
4:54 pm Armstrong's phone looks at Wilson’s Strava profile, then views her activity
5-5:59 Armstrong’s phone in her home area
4:27 PM · Nov 14, 2023

5:55 Wilson enters the door lock code as she’s leaving
5:58 Strickland and Wilson's phones move together away from Cash’s home
6:09 Their phones are in Deep Eddy Pool area
6:21 Armstrong's jeep & phone at home
6:24 Armstrong's phone calls Stricklands, but no answer
4:30 PM · Nov 14, 2023

6:25 Armstrong’s phone texts Strickland's about eating and says her appointment will be over soon
6:33 Armstrong’s jeep moves away from the home
6:57 Wilson and Strickland’s phones move to Pool Burger area
4:35 PM · Nov 14, 2023

7:00 Pool Burger video shows Strickland orders food and drinks
7:04 Armstrong's jeep stays in parking area until 7:14, then moves North on South Lamar Blvd
7:17 Armstrong's phone texts Strickland's “Fini”
7:30 Armstrong’s phone data turned off
4:37 PM · Nov 14, 2023

7:56 receipt shows Wilson orders drink at Pool Burger
By 8:00, Armstrong's jeep is in the area of where the murder happened
8:16 Wilson and Strickland’s phones leave Pool Burger
8:17-8:28 no communication between the 3 phones
4:44 PM · Nov 14, 2023

8:29 Wilson and Strickland’s phones arrive in the area of Cash’s home (where Wilson was staying)
8:33 Armstrong's jeep continues east on E 18th St, then south, then west on E 17th St
8:35 Strickland’s phone moving North, Wilson’s remains in area around Cash’s home
4:52 PM · Nov 14, 2023

8:36 Wilson enters door unlock code at Cash's home
8:36 Strickland's phone texts Armstrong’s phone and asks if she is out and says his phone had died
8:37 Armstrong’s jeep is in the alley near Cash’s home
4:55 PM · Nov 14, 2023

8:37 Wilson’s phone is active on apps
8:41 Armstrong’s jeep is in the alley and has no activity until 9:17
8:43 Strickland’s phone texts Armstrong’s and asks if she was back home
8:50 Strickland’s phone is home
9:07 Strickland’s phone receives a call that lasts almost 9 min
5:05 PM · Nov 14, 2023

9:13 Wilson’s phone texts podcaster (the last text activity on her phone)
9:15-9:16 Screams and gun shots are heard on surveillance footage
9:17 Armstrong's jeep leaves the area
9:47 Armstrong's phone is turned back on9:54 Cash calls 911
5:09 PM · Nov 14, 2023

[no further tweets from this reporter -- she tends to not stick around for the end of the court day]
Chilling every part of it - every time.

@JessicaTaylorTX

Prosecution asks if someone was driving that Jeep around, and had Armstrong’s phone. Mazak says yes, they had the phone when it was on network (before and after.)

6:26 PM · Nov 14, 2023

Prosecution: somebody had [Armstrong’s] Jeep and phone almost at the same place at the same time Mazak: during that portion on May 11 yes

6:26 PM · Nov 14, 2023

Prosecution asks if they can agree btw 7-8 that the somebody is not Colin Strickland. Mazak says yes, and his phone was in the Pool Burger area. Along with surveillance video and receipts of purchase there.

6:27 PM · Nov 14, 2023

Prosecution: can we also agree whoever was using Armstrong’s phone was in the area of Armstrong’s home several times Mazak: Yes

6:28 PM · Nov 14, 2023

@alcaprari23

No further questions from defense. State redirect pushes Mazak to confirm that while we do not know who may have been driving the Jeep, whoever was was also carrying Armstrong's cell phone. Mazak concludes that she does not believe it was Colin Strickland because he was at home using his cell phone at the time of the murder.

6:32 PM · Nov 14, 2023

-4:23 KA's jeep stationary for hour
Wonder what she was doing during these periods throughout the day where she was just stationary in her car. Given the descriptions about her calm/focused demeanor, it reminds me of animals stalking their prey. I wonder if she had been looking for moments to act earlier in the day
-7:17 KA text to CS "Fini"
Fini in relation to her “appointment” I assume. Wonder whether this was her giving him a last chance, or just attempt to establish alibi.
-8:36 Wilson locks door
I may have missed it, but is this first time we hear that she did the lock the door? I have always thought KA walked in by surprise, very different scenario if not. I guess I’m not sure which is preferable :(

Thanks for the twitter reposts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member