GUILTY TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CourtTV just reported that pizza was just delivered to the jurors. Think that may be a sign that they have all but wrapped up and are just having one more meal together, and then heading back into the courtroom with the verdict??

Alex Caprariello
@alcaprari23

Puryear continues. Discussing the lack of testing on the rape kit. Says Detective Spitler had tunnel vision, didn't test it because he didn't want to know."Richard Spitler didn't care and he determined that it wasn't important to you because he had tunnel vision and he jumped to conclusions." #KaitlinArmstrong
9:39 AM · Nov 16, 2023

Gonzalez is fired up! He has passion in his voice, particularly when the defense objected to the statements in his monologue. The Judge told the Jury to only consider the evidence in this case and not the argument that just unfolded.
9:49 AM · Nov 16, 2023

[ Prosecutor tells jurors that the defense could have tested the rape kit which causes the defense to jump up and object, alleging the motion denied].

Gonzalez thanks the jury. Acknowledges that everyone is paying close attention. Ends by saying "do the right thing.

"Defense quickly motions to unseal the Rape Kit.

Judge interrupts the defense and excuses the jury to begin deliberations.
The time is officially 12:16pmCT.
10:17 AM · Nov 16, 2023

[Judge talks softly and her voice has been difficult to hear. She's trying to silence the defense attorney Cofer and he's talking over the Judge. Cofer wants 10/12/23 defense Motion to unseal rape kit read into the record and and also the 10/13/23 Court response].

That's it, folks. Deliberations are officially underway.

Reporters are being instructed to stay beside the courtroom for when a verdict drops. There will not be much advanced notice.

The jury is allowed to deliberate for as long as it takes. If they choose to break for the night, they are allowed to do so and return the next morning to continue.

I will not be delivering the verdict in this thread. I will instead have a separate, #Breaking news tweet.

I want to offer my sincere thanks to everyone who has found me and followed along with my coverage of this murder trial. I do this for a living for @NewsNation.

So if you like law and order, keep following along. I'll continue covering some of the biggest criminal trials across America.
10:24 AM · Nov 16, 2023

CourtTV just reported that pizza was just delivered to the jurors. Think that may be a sign that they have all but wrapped up and are just having one more meal together, and then heading back into the courtroom with the verdict??
Could very well be, and gosh, if that's their lunch, it's after 2:00!

I guess I don't understand from an investigative standpoint why they would order a rape kit, if there was zero indication there was a rape. Is a rape kit always done with a murder that isn't witnessed? Typically there would be some indicators there if someone murdered another person and had raped them. I guess not always, but why would the defense be so stuck on this when it was never alleged that KA or anyone for that matter raped MW.. the neighbors video that captured the sounds of her screaming would seem to refute the rape claims.. wouldn't it have picked up some other sounds also if there was a rape associated with this murder? The only reason I could think of to do this kit would be to see who MW had sex with (if anyone) in the last few days.

I guess I don't understand from an investigative standpoint why they would order a rape kit, if there was zero indication there was a rape. Is a rape kit always done with a murder that isn't witnessed? Typically there would be some indicators there if someone murdered another person and had raped them. I guess not always, but why would the defense be so stuck on this when it was never alleged that KA or anyone for that matter raped MW.. the neighbors video that captured the sounds of her screaming would seem to refute the rape claims.. wouldn't it have picked up some other sounds also if there was a rape associated with this murder? The only reason I could think of to do this kit would be to see who MW had sex with (if anyone) in the last few days.

The ME followed protocol during the autopsy of a murder victim and collected forensic sample but the examiner did not indicate finding any evidence of rape.

The defense questioning this kit be tested is akin to attacking the victim and invasion of her privacy, period! And it makes me livid! :mad:

Alex Caprariello
@alcaprari23

BREAKING: The jury has reached a verdict. We have been allowed back into the courtroom. Total deliberation time was just a little over two hours. We are waiting on the family and the jury to arrive. Standby for verdict. #KaitlinAmrstrong

12:33 PM · Nov 16, 2023

Kaitlin Armstrong enters the courtroom. She glances at the judge before taking her seat. Rick Cofer sits next to her. They do not talk. Cofer leans over and speaks to the sheriff's deputies who are watching Armstrong. The courtroom is silent.
12:42 PM · Nov 16, 2023

There are at a minimum 15 sheriff's deputies in the courtroom ensuring that no additional audio or recording devices (beyond the single still and single video cameras) are recording.
12:43 PM · Nov 16, 2023

The defense team is sitting silently. The prosecution looks happy and is chatting among themselves. Rick Jones smiles to his colleague.
12:45 PM · Nov 16, 2023

The jury has entered and they are now taking their seats. Here we go. #KaitlinArmstrong
12:45 PM · Nov 16, 2023

BREAKING: Kaitlin Wilson [ARMSTRONG] has been found GUILTY of murdering Anna Moriah "Mo" Wilson. #KaitlinArmstrong
12:46 PM · Nov 16, 2023

Kaitlin continues looking straight ahead. Friends and family of Mo Wilson are crying tears of joy silently as they hear the news read out loud. Huge hugs from the Wilson family. Mr. and Mrs. Wilson hug. Caitlin Cash and Matthew hug. There is overwhelming happiness from everyone on the Wilson side who has sat through this difficult trial for 2.5 weeks. Kaitlin's father stands at attention and looks at his daughter. Kaitlin continues to stare straight ahead.
12:49 PM · Nov 16, 2023

Of course I make a typo in the most important tweet. Kaitlin *Armstrong has been found guilty of murdering Moriah "Mo" Wilson. My apologies.
12:52 PM · Nov 16, 2023

Last edited:

VERDICT REACHED: Scorned Lover Murder Trial — TX v. Kaitlin Armstrong — Closing Arguments​

Kaitlin Armstrong is accused of killing her ex-boyfriend’s former lover, Anna Moriah "Mo" Wilson, then fleeing to Costa Rica. That’s where she tried to make a new life for herself — allegedly dying her hair, cutting it short, and spending $6,000 in plastic surgery. Armstrong was charged with first-degree murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eppomoosha