TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If CA is subpoenaed as a witness, she can’t refuse to testify. She can, however, plead the fifth on specific questions where she might incriminate herself (i.e., ‘did you give KA your passport?’).
They can also grant her special immunity.

I wonder if CA will plead the 5th if called as a witness (and she most likely will be called as a witness by the prosecution, I doubt the defense will want to put her in a compromising position with her own sister). I doubt she will testify against her sister.
Pleading the 5th is invoking one's rights against self-incrimination, but it can't be invoked to protect someone else. There is a spousal privilege, and there in many states is a parent/child privilege, but there is no blanket privilege that allows someone not to answer questions about a sibling. JMO

It took a six-hour drive through Costa Rica for Kaitlin Armstrong to finally admit her identity to authorities.
“I would say she was exhausted” when she was arrested, Deputy U.S. Marshal Brandon Filla said during a Thursday press conference. “When she was encountered by uniform officers in Costa Rica, she didn’t give her true identity at first. It took a little bit of time for her to reveal her true identity.”

6 hours! Dang! Casey Anthony vibes here! Remember she went all the way down the hall with LE to show them the office where she worked, but at the end got to the door and finally admitted she never worked there at all. That’s a special kind of person who is not afraid!

Last edited:
Well, they’re going to have to stop threatening family for helping fugitives, because it seems they’re just calling everyone’s bluff. This is by no means the first case I’ve seen this happen with.

Lesson: Yes, you can aid and abet, if the fugitive is family. You will always be granted immunity in exchange for testimony.

If there was enough evidence to prosecute CA, I think that even if the prosecution offered CA immunity for her testimony that she still might plead the 5th if it meant testifying to anything that could be harmful to KA's case.

Pleading the 5th is invoking one's rights against self-incrimination, but it can't be invoked to protect someone else. There is a spousal privilege, and there in many states is a parent/child privilege, but there is no blanket privilege that allows someone not to answer questions about a sibling. JMO
But I think the testimony that the prosecution most wants from CA is related to the passport, and CA would be incriminating herself if she answered that question. I don't know what other information she could provide in the case that would help the prosecution. In fact, if she did answer general questions about KA's visit, she could be perceived by the jury as helping KA's case, since CA seems that she would appear as a sweet, innocent witness

6 hours! Dang! Casey Anthony vibes here! Remember she went all the way down the hall with LE to show them the office where she worked, but at the end got to the door and finally admitted she never worked there at all. That’s a special kind of person who is not afraid!
I don’t get the 6 hour ride bit. Who took the ride, and with whom? Why did it take 6 hours?

I don’t get the 6 hour ride bit. Who took the ride, and with whom? Why did it take 6 hours?

Six hours is the ride from Santa Teresa to San Jose (i.e., Juan Santamaria Int'l Airport Customs-Immigration).

She's a poser. An shape shifting embodiment of arrogance, entitlement, narcissism, confidence, delusion, retribution...

Beautiful on the outside, fed the ugly inside.
Snipped for focus.

This is what I think we'll find out in the course of this case: she has been a shape shifter all along, but no one thought about it as being pathological, or else they were in denial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luisgill