TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how the speaker at the presser reiterated that US Marshalls just captured a very violent criminal, and that they are tasked with capturing the worst of the worst.
Exactly. It makes you see how she’s viewed. Not just as some woman confused by her disloyal boyfriend. She gunned down a defenseless girl and then fled the US.

Last edited:
As Kaitlin could be doing: having fun in Costa Rica without having to look over her shoulder; meeting new men, enjoying her sister, starting a new life — if only she hadn’t murdered Mo.
She really threw her entire life away. Possibly ruining her sister’s life also. And her parents could be dealing with two daughters who are incarcerated.

She really threw her entire life away. Possibly ruining her sister’s life also. And her parents could be dealing with two daughters who are incarcerated.
It’s horrendous. I feel sorry for Christine because she never asked for any of this. She was minding her own business, living her life, and her older sister suddenly unleashed hell on her.

It’s horrendous. I feel sorry for Christine because she never asked for any of this. She was minding her own business, living her life, and her older sister suddenly unleashed hell on her.
It’ll be interesting to see how this unfolds. By all online accounts it seems like CA is a very sweet person who spreads love and kindness and wants the best for everyone. I hope she didn’t willingly help her sister evade authorities.

Thinking like a defense attorney for a moment: It's still hypothetically possible that her boyfriend killed this girl with her gun and she walked in on it after the fact. Not sleuthing him or implying his guilt, just thinking about the trial. Realizing she was framed she fled.

Does LE really have the timing down that precisely that it couldn't be him?

If anyone explains what would the motive be. CS, it seems, is an average guy, plus an athlete. Somewhat of a player (I don't believe he was a serial Casanova because, simply, it takes time, and he was an elite athlete plus, had a business). Probably, and naturally, got interested in an ascending star, and such a beautiful woman as Mo. But Mo, it seems, was also busy and had a full life. So how does CS benefit from this murder? Nothing. If anything, CS and MW shared useful business information, about the sponsors; and, they didn't compete. I see absolutely zero motive, be it personal or financial or whatever.

once she has accepted that prison may be her life for x number of years, I can actually see her being a model prisoner, probably teaching a yoga class in the women's prison, keeping her nose clean, and perhaps furthering her education, all in hopes of shortening her sentence.
As a side note, Texas is relatively generous in that even with a murder conviction, she will be eligible for parole at 50% of her sentence. Of course, being eligible for parole in the technical sense and being granted parole can be two very different things.

I do not really believe KA's sister will face charges in the apparent fraudulent use of her passport. If CA says that it was taken without her knowledge, it would probably be difficult to prove otherwise, unless there were intercepted calls or texts between the two of them discussing it, and surely they were smarter than that. Perhaps just the threat of charges will enable LE to get more information from her. I believe that CA will be one of the key witnesses called to testify in court about KA's actions after the murder of MW, and her flight to NY, and I think it may be in LE's best interests not to make her any more hostile of a witness than she would already naturally be. JMO

Last edited:
Wow. In New Jersey it’s 85%.
New Jersey has gotten tough. 85% is the federal percentage. I bet New Jersey used them as a guide.

As a side note, California's revolving door for murder convicts has been stuck in the closed position for quite some time now as well.

I think the end result is that those with murder convictions now must serve a minimum of 20 years- all sans creative math applications via over crowding releases, "good time" programs etc.

Last edited:
I do not really believe KA's sister will face charges in the apparent fraudulent use of her passport. If CA says that it was taken without her knowledge, it would probably be difficult to prove otherwise, unless there were intercepted calls or texts between the two of them discussing it, and surely they were smarter than that. Perhaps just the threat of charges will enable LE to get more information from her. I believe that CA will be one of the key witnesses called to testify in court about KA's actions after the murder of MW, and her flight to NY, and I think it may be in LE's best interests not to make her any more hostile of a witness than she would already naturally be. JMO
After watching the press conference video, I agree with you and I would bet they do not charge CA. It definitely doesn’t seem imminent at least based on the wording the US Marshal used especially at the end when answering questions.

It took a six-hour drive through Costa Rica for Kaitlin Armstrong to finally admit her identity to authorities.
“I would say she was exhausted” when she was arrested, Deputy U.S. Marshal Brandon Filla said during a Thursday press conference. “When she was encountered by uniform officers in Costa Rica, she didn’t give her true identity at first. It took a little bit of time for her to reveal her true identity.”

Last edited:
Why doesn’t Deputy Filla simply say that KA used her sister’s passport but there doesn’t appear to be cause to bring additional charges? Why be so coy and mysterious and keep saying it’s some close associate?

Why doesn’t Deputy Filla simply say that KA used her sister’s passport but there doesn’t appear to be cause to bring additional charges? Why be so coy and mysterious and keep saying it’s some close associate?
I think they try to avoid saying the names or otherwise clearly identifying any people/private citizens who are not charged currently and it will be the role of the federal or state/county attorneys offices to name her if she gets charged with something. JMO.

I think this US Marshal is circumspect about what he says and does not say, for instance re the plastic surgery he said there was a receipt but his wording was in such a way that he wasn’t
going to say yes or no she had surgery (we can tell though!)

I wonder if CA will plead the 5th if called as a witness (and she most likely will be called as a witness by the prosecution, I doubt the defense will want to put her in a compromising position with her own sister). I doubt she will testify against her sister.

It wouldn't be the call of the US Marshals to decide if CA will be charged or not. They will turn over their evidence to the appropriate authorities who will make that decision.

It wouldn't be the call of the US Marshals to decide if CA will be charged or not. They will turn over their evidence to the appropriate authorities who will make that decision.
Well, they’re going to have to stop threatening family for helping fugitives, because it seems they’re just calling everyone’s bluff. This is by no means the first case I’ve seen this happen with.

Lesson: Yes, you can aid and abet, if the fugitive is family. You will always be granted immunity in exchange for testimony.

I wonder if CA will plead the 5th if called as a witness (and she most likely will be called as a witness by the prosecution, I doubt the defense will want to put her in a compromising position with her own sister). I doubt she will testify against her sister.
If CA is subpoenaed as a witness, she can’t refuse to testify. She can, however, plead the fifth on specific questions where she might incriminate herself (i.e., ‘did you give KA your passport?’).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luisgill