TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to court documents, Strickland told police Armstrong had bought a new phone after hers was taken by APD during a search of their Austin home. He also said he had gotten an alert on his phone which notified him Armstrong had attempted to make a purchase at Walmart.

APD followed up with the Walmart, according to those documents, and found that Armstrong had purchased a new phone and a prepaid debit card.

That prepaid card was what Armstrong used to pay for a trip with a ride service to the airport, court documents say. That was on May 13.

That is also how police found an email account they believe was used by Armstrong. Police filed a search warrant for that account Monday.
…….
Police believe Armstrong used the account as she was fleeing Austin.

ETA: we all know how Walmart’s cctv footage always shows up in trials, so they’ll have her buying this

Last edited:
According to court documents, Strickland told police Armstrong had bought a new phone after hers was taken by APD during a search of their Austin home. He also said he had gotten an alert on his phone which notified him Armstrong had attempted to make a purchase at Walmart.

APD followed up with the Walmart, according to those documents, and found that Armstrong had purchased a new phone and a prepaid debit card.

That prepaid card was what Armstrong used to pay for a trip with a ride service to the airport, court documents say. That was on May 13.

That is also how police found an email account they believe was used by Armstrong. Police filed a search warrant for that account Monday.
…….

ETA: we all know how Walmart’s cctv footage always shows up in trials, so they’ll have her buying this
Absolutely.
Garcia of KXAN says the new warrant is asking Google for access to Armstrong’s account :

FE63D1B8-29D2-475C-AD1C-8FFAE9A879A9.jpeg

…….

Does anyone know what the BBM above means? Use of a shared credit card or what?
TIA

A little more…

The only time she caused alarm was when she disappeared for a few days in June. The hostel owner rang her again and again. She returned with a bandage across her nose, discoloration under her eyes, and a backstory that she’d been injured in a surfing accident.

She still wore the bandage on the afternoon of June 29 when the three Costa Rican police officers barreled into Don Jon’s.
…….
The hostel owner and Poulsen would later open a lockbox of her personal belongings. There they allegedly found an American passport bearing her real name, a vaccine card bearing her name, an American passport bearing another person’s name, and a $6,350 receipt for cosmetic surgery at a clinic in San Jose under yet another name, according to Poulsen.

Bbm

I wonder if this was under Arie?!?

…….

Serving a search warrant for the email account that KA was using as she fled Austin may contain info that will tell LE whether the passport that she fraudulently used to get to Costa Rica was voluntarily given to her or not. JMO

Bbm

I wonder if this was under Arie?!?
Did she miss a paid/volunteer shift or what? Otherwise, why would he take so much interest in her disappearing? I just find that odd. He barely knew her. But she apparently made assertive efforts at getting volunteer or paid work there. I don't think any MSM reports have said which (or both) just that she was on their yoga schedule & manning reception sometimes.

I wonder how low her funds were at the time of her arrest in CR?

JMO

Did she miss a paid/volunteer shift or what? Otherwise, why would he take so much interest in her disappearing? I just find that odd. He barely knew her. But she had worked at getting volunteer or paid work there. I dont think any MSM reports have said which or both.
JMO
She may have volunteered, or more likely, worked in exchange for room and board, (I think I read that somewhere), but she could not legally work there. JMO

Did she miss a paid/volunteer shift or what? Otherwise, why would he take so much interest in her disappearing? I just find that odd. He barely knew her. But she apparently made assertive efforts at getting volunteer or paid work there. I don't think any MSM reports have said which (or both) just that she was on their yoga schedule & manning reception sometimes.

I wonder how low her funds were at the time of her arrest in CR?

JMO
I thought there was a previous article or maybe a Court TV segment that confirmed she worked for free boarding.

ETA: the rest of my sentence :)

Does anyone know what the BBM above means? Use of a shared credit card or what?
TIA
A joint account of some sort set to alert an account holder when the account is used. (I'm recalling this from Watts case when SW received an alert that CW spent $$$ at a tavern/grill the evening before she was murdered).

I'm curious about this since many retailers prohibit the purchase of prepaid cards using a credit card. Maybe Walmart is one that allows this and why she chose Walmart for the purchase. Seems you can also reload the prepaid VISA with cash at Walmart.

Would be interesting if KA's plan was to have somebody anonymously reload her card while she was a fugitive. I just think KA thought about a fugitive life long before May 2022. MOO

ETA: IN 2019, WALMART REGISTERED 256 STORES IN COSTA RICA

Last edited:
Serving a search warrant for the email account that KA was using as she fled Austin may contain info that will tell LE whether the passport that she fraudulently used to get to Costa Rica was voluntarily given to her or not. JMO
I think the email is more important to learn about her reservations and communication with others otherwise unknown. Especially if she just created the email.

A joint account of some sort set to alert an account holder when the account is used. (I'm recalling this from Watts case when SW received an alert that CW spent $$$ at a tavern/grill the evening before she was murdered).

I'm curious about this since many retailers prohibit the purchase of prepaid cards using a credit card. Maybe Walmart is one that allows this and why she chose Walmart for the purchase. Seems you can also reload the prepaid VISA with cash at Walmart.

Would be interesting if KA's plan was to have somebody anonymously reload her card while she was a fugitive. I just think KA thought about a fugitive life long before May 2022. MOO
Bbm

Couldn’t agree with you more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads