TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Relative to KA's defense team Austin lawyers Cofer & Connelly, I'm having a deja vu of Colorado's Barry Morphew defense team!

Lawyers very big on citing the US & TX Constitutions, and discovery violations!

And I'm calling it now -- July 20 will be ripe with allegations of discovery violations by the prosecutor, while their client languishes behind bars, under conditions that prevent her from daily yoga and meditation.... :rolleyes:

And it will be classic Iris E. if KA's defense, led by Rick Cofer, then suggests a reduction in charge to Murder-2 in light of the alleged discovery violations.

MOO

ETA: If true, I hope somebody including the victim's advocate warns MW's family and friends.

Last edited:
Relative to KA's defense team Austin lawyers Cofer & Connelly, I'm having a deja vus of Colorado's Barry Morphew defense team!

Lawyers very big on citing the US Constitution and discovery violations! And I'm calling it now -- July 20 will be ripe with allegations of discovery violations by the prosecutor, while their client languishes behind bars, under conditions that prevent her from daily yoga and meditation.... :rolleyes:

And it will be classic Iris E. if KA's defense, led by Rick Cofer, then suggests a reduction in charge to Murder-2 in light of the alleged discovery violations.

MOO
NO!!!!

(but I get what you’re saying!)

And I wonder if KA saw those flowers inside the apartment where she followed MW. That would have probably cranked her rage up exponentially. May explain why she took multiple shots to the head, in addition to one in the torso. And not to be morbid, but I think it would say something about the shooter, so I wonder if she was shot in the face (my thoughts) or the back of the head. JMO
I thought she was shot in the torso?

KA would have still had her phone at that time. APD took her phone after the murder.

Don’t know if she thought about the tracking, but maybe as she was aware of their tracking on Strava. Wasn’t she also on that app?
I’m not familiar with how Strava works or if you have to manually punch in your route or not, but if not - yes …I guess that that app would be tracking her as well.

She may have left her phone behind at her home to commit the murder, but maybe she wasn’t thinking and had it with her and the GPS can also put her in that area. We all know her Jeep was seen driving past, but I’m just mulling stuff around in my head and hoping that there are several pieces of evidence that place her there. I know her attorney is going to aggressively defend her as every defendant deserves.

I thought she was shot in the torso?
In the search warrant, detectives said Wilson suffered possibly multiple gunshot wounds to the head and possibly one to the chest. Detectives said there was broken tile, indicating she could’ve been shot after she hit the ground. She had a cut on her finger and her chin.

https://www.facebook.com/rickyxleo/

Another thing I found interesting about this new info is that she left Santa Teresa to go back to San Jose…about a six hour trip, and she returned possibly appearing after a procedure that was done there. I had always assumed she could have had this done when first arriving in Costa Rica.

I would assume that she would have had to stay at a hotel near the surgical center for a couple of days (after doing some research to the cosmetic services available there). This would be much more costly than staying at the hostel she was found in.

Anyways, since she maybe had this done after some time on the run makes me feel that she was getting more concerned of being found.
And who drove her to the hotel after her surgery? Plastic surgeons usu. require you to be accompanied and driven from the clinic by someone.

I’m not familiar with how Strava works or if you have to manually punch in your route or not, but if not - yes …I guess that that app would be tracking her as well.

She may have left her phone behind at her home to commit the murder, but maybe she wasn’t thinking and had it with her and the GPS can also put her in that area. We all know her Jeep was seen driving past, but I’m just mulling stuff around in my head and hoping that there are several pieces of evidence that place her there. I know her attorney is going to aggressively defend her as every defendant deserves.
CA was texting her (KA) right after dropping off MW. MOO, but I think she had the phone with her.

And who drove her to the hotel after her surgery? Plastic surgeons usu. require you to be accompanied and driven from the clinic by someone.
It’s possible she stayed at the surgical clinic to recover. Apparently medical tourism is popular in CR. Cosmetic surgery can include an entire destination vacation!

“Costa Rica uses recovery hostels and houses where people can spend a few days up to a couple of weeks, depending on their procedure. Here guests are pampered and well looked after by specialized bilingual nurses. These recovery hostels are usually set in beautiful surroundings, in peace and harmony with nature, and even include swimming pools, a spa and gourmet food.”

It’s possible she stayed at the surgical clinic to recover. Apparently medical tourism is popular in CR. Cosmetic surgery can include an entire destination vacation!

“Costa Rica uses recovery hostels and houses where people can spend a few days up to a couple of weeks, depending on their procedure. Here guests are pampered and well looked after by specialized bilingual nurses. These recovery hostels are usually set in beautiful surroundings, in peace and harmony with nature, and even include swimming pools, a spa and gourmet food.”

Makes sense.

According to court documents, Strickland told police Armstrong had bought a new phone after hers was taken by APD during a search of their Austin home. He also said he had gotten an alert on his phone which notified him Armstrong had attempted to make a purchase at Walmart.

APD followed up with the Walmart, according to those documents, and found that Armstrong had purchased a new phone and a prepaid debit card.

That prepaid card was what Armstrong used to pay for a trip with a ride service to the airport, court documents say. That was on May 13.

That is also how police found an email account they believe was used by Armstrong. Police filed a search warrant for that account Monday.
…….
Police believe Armstrong used the account as she was fleeing Austin.

ETA: we all know how Walmart’s cctv footage always shows up in trials, so they’ll have her buying this
I don't think there was anything unusual about buying a new phone at Walmart once the police took her phone during the search of their residence, one wouldn't be expected to function without a phone. What this information did provide to LE, though, is the existence of an email account that they didn't know about, and presumably the warrant will get them access to those emails.

I dont know nor have i seen or read anything indicating that--I'm just agreeing with the notion that those texts from him could have really set her off!
Very much so! I would absolutely lose my stuff!! But I wouldn’t kill anyone, but the entire state of Texas, and maybe even parts of Oklahoma would probably hear me hollering while I threw all his crap out on the lawn :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879